PDA

View Full Version : bov sound

VTECY0
29-10-2009, 09:12 PM
recently i bought a turboed car just wondering how can i change the sound of the bov i tried tightenin it from soft to hard but just makes it quieter, does anyone know how to get the flutter sound? do i need to buy a different bov? thanks

DLO01
29-10-2009, 09:16 PM
If you want flutter, screw the bov down as to tension the spring so the valve does not open and/or remove the vac hose going to it. Or remove the Bov all together and block the hole.

Flutter comes from pressure being released back through the turbo (compressor fins), not the Bov.

denrie
29-10-2009, 09:19 PM
hey mate depends.. what car/engine is it? u can just block it.... block the bov and the pipe connected to the turbo pipe then it will flutter.. then if u want the fully sick vl lebo sound... put a dose pipe :P with no filter LMAO! TU TU TU TU TU

VTECY0
29-10-2009, 09:23 PM
just a gemini 2l piazza motor, yer i thought bout that but is that any good for the motor blockin it?

davoh
29-10-2009, 10:36 PM
hks sqv is your solution...ull love every single flutter of it.....hard 2 find tho as every where is only selling the ssqv

UCNDRM
29-10-2009, 11:41 PM
playing around with different length dose pipes til u get the sound u want

but pop a filter on the end for everyday use man

VTECY0
30-10-2009, 05:59 AM
thanks for the help everyone

EK1.6LCIV
30-10-2009, 08:21 AM
HKS SSQ ftw, best sound ever always will be, nothing comes close :)

fk messing around with hoses and shiz

RandyRhydah
30-10-2009, 08:32 AM
^ lol no.. ssq is the most homo sounding bov ever

4age8u
30-10-2009, 09:16 AM
you want a screamer pipe mate

simonnowis
30-10-2009, 10:33 AM
i dont think the compressor surge is good for the life of the turbo.
i would go hks ssqv sounds awesome imo. or the blitz bov.

xenonkuraz
30-10-2009, 10:58 AM
hks sqv is your solution...ull love every single flutter of it.....hard 2 find tho as every where is only selling the ssqv

you want a screamer pipe mate

To achieve 'flutter' you can either block off the bov or just tighten it (this way you'll have flutter on low boost and the bov will open on high boost for the psshht sound)

The higher the boost, the louder the 'flutter'.

If blocking the bov/tightening it isn't sufficient for you then I suggest replacing your stock intake pipe with a metal one...play around with the lengths and diameter for different/longer/deeper notes. Make sure you have good filtration at the end.

Theoretically it's 'bad' for your turbo but I've done this to 4 of my turbocharged cars and they were all fine. No shaft play at the end of the day.

whyte
30-10-2009, 11:32 AM
remove the bov, block the pipe and run air filter with stainless intakepipe (if you havent already done so) & you'll get sick doses.

EK1.6LCIV
30-10-2009, 11:38 AM
^ lol no.. ssq is the most homo sounding bov ever

should hear our s13 and the buddies new xr6 uterus, hell sick :)

don't even think of running a screamer on street car, that says app. to the pits/court dates like nothing else ever will lol

we have a s/s intake and a k&n filter element with a bypass on the stock sr lines to increase the noise, it's loud

DC4
30-10-2009, 12:07 PM
HKS SSQ ftw, best sound ever always will be, nothing comes close :)

fk messing around with hoses and shiz

Vote 1 for HKS SSQV :thumbsup:

best sound out of any BOV i've personally heard