PDA

View Full Version : [CU2] 6MT Gear nobe removal. How?

PNR888
29-10-2009, 09:24 PM
Hi, has anyone done it? If so, please let me know how. Thanks

I tried to dis-engage the boot from the nobe by pulling the boot downward first (as in CL9), but no luck.
I also tried to rotate the gear nobe in anti-clockwise direction with considerable amount of force, no luck either. :(

Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Lochstar_69
29-10-2009, 11:30 PM
Hi, has anyone done it? If so, please let me know how. Thanks

I tried to dis-engage the boot from the nobe by pulling the boot downward first (as in CL9), but no luck.
I also tried to rotate the gear nobe in anti-clockwise direction with considerable amount of force, no luck either. :(

Any suggestion would be appreciated.

You were right by pulling the plastic cap underneath the ball of the stick. you have to pull it hard and then it will unclip then start unscrewing the nob anti clockwise, it takes a while. and its stiff for a few rotations LOL.

if u want to remove the leather boot just pull it up firmly and it will unclip.

PNR888
30-10-2009, 10:24 PM
You were right by pulling the plastic cap underneath the ball of the stick. you have to pull it hard and then it will unclip then start unscrewing the nob anti clockwise, it takes a while. and its stiff for a few rotations LOL.

if u want to remove the leather boot just pull it up firmly and it will unclip.

Hi Lochstar, Thanks for the reply. Can I just confirm with you that you can undo CU2's gear nobe the same way as the CL9's?? or the method you describe is for CL9's only?

I've just tried again after reading your post, the thing still wont unclip, and I was afraid that I would tear the boot vinyl apart or broke anything plastic within.

Thanks

Lochstar_69
09-11-2009, 05:31 PM
ummm unsure about CU2's sorry,

I know it was a pretty strong clip to undo and i was hesitant but in the end i just thought ".. alright thats it" and i pulled hard and it unclipped.

nesterjester
13-02-2010, 12:53 PM
just got a fd2 knob for my euro .. will post up pics on how it looks

im gonna be following these instructions

http://techinfo.honda.com/rjanisis/pubs/AI/BII39133.pdf

page 3 tell you how to remove the knob

CU2 Euro 09
13-02-2010, 06:17 PM

NesterJester, do you have a link to the same kind of manual on how to remove the automatics gear selector knob?

PNR888
17-02-2010, 07:52 PM

Thanks for the link..
Have you successfully removed your stock gear nobe?

nesterjester
17-02-2010, 08:44 PM
hey there

i got my fd2 knob installed. removing the knob isnt actually that hard. you have just got to yank the collar downwards with enough pressure. If it doesnt clip off your pulling too weak, you need to be firm with it. The hardest part was affixing the boot to my new knob as they dont match up. I've removed the stock collar and just used some 3m tape to affix it. I didnt choose to add the fd2 collar as it "stands up" too much. I like it too look stubby. Will finish it up and upload some pics on the weekend.