PDA

View Full Version : Deleting wipers = defect?

wAYzoR
30-10-2009, 07:09 PM
Hi guys, pretty noob question but... i have been thinking about deleting my rear wiper on my eg, but a friend told me it is a defect for removing parts off the car that were put on by factory.. Anyone know if this is true and has anyone been defected for it in QLD?

Thanks
PS: This topic might have been covered before but can't seem to get search results for it..

kcokla
30-10-2009, 07:11 PM
its legal if its the rear,
however illegal if its the front.

i-jrdm
30-10-2009, 07:12 PM
yep, thats correct
i deleted mine a good 8-10months ago and never had any problems :)

wAYzoR
30-10-2009, 07:14 PM
Rules might apply differently in other states?

i-jrdm
30-10-2009, 07:19 PM
Rules might apply differently in other states?

not sure. id say do it, i doubt ull have any trouble, so many ppl do wiper delete without any problems, just keep ur setup if something does happen :)

Premature Vtec
30-10-2009, 07:21 PM
theres a few cars that come factory with no rear window wipers eg, cd5 accord, ej8's so im pretty sure it should be right

mugenrr
30-10-2009, 07:36 PM
doubt a copper would pick up on it nonetheless

bennjamin
30-10-2009, 07:50 PM
yep, thats correct
i deleted mine a good 8-10months ago and never had any problems :)

thats of no way , a correct answer.

Just because you didnt have any issues doesnt mean someone else wont either !

ANY modification or altercation/removal of a cars parts is illegal unless engineered to meet current ADRs etc , and that means it can be picked up and defected by a police officer

wAYzoR
31-10-2009, 04:32 PM

ANY modification or altercation/removal of a cars parts is illegal unless engineered to meet current ADRs etc , and that means it can be picked up and defected by a police officer

I guess you are rite on the dot there.. will prob just keep the ugly standard wiper then.. Cheers guys

Mr_will
31-10-2009, 04:41 PM

exactly! deleting any wiper is illegal, as it is not engineered

bennjamin
31-10-2009, 05:05 PM
I guess you are rite on the dot there.. will prob just keep the ugly standard wiper then.. Cheers guys

i personally have taken the risk...and have removed my rear wiper.

Its a game of chance really. Either you get it properly engineered or you dont.

wAYzoR
31-10-2009, 05:16 PM
So anyone got defected without it yet, i just wanna know how much the defect would be and if there is any points for it in QLD

dudeling7
31-10-2009, 05:51 PM
one of the first things i took off my teg when i got it.

i have been through the pits over 10 times and no engineer has ever noticed it.... all i did was plug it up.

but hey, if someone does notice it then i guess u gotta put it back in thats all.

altong0840
01-11-2009, 03:39 PM
i think it is fine~because no one notice that, but i rather kepp it because i like the car with rear wiper function~

[ricer]
01-11-2009, 04:17 PM
friend of mine shaved his rear lock and wiper and got defected and had to put the wiper back on... so no i don't think it is legal...

WATAJK
01-11-2009, 09:33 PM
tbh i fink having a rear whiper is way better then not having one lol
Better to be able see behind better :)

.:Thrasher:.
02-11-2009, 03:12 PM
i took my mudflaps of my old holden VT and it was classed as a defect, though i didn't get one. so im pretty sure deleting something that is running electronically would be a defect.

i really don't mind my rear wiper on my eg.

flipfire
02-11-2009, 03:26 PM
Under ADR it might be illegal, but I dont see the problem of removing the rear wiper though

Jap spec s15's come with a rear wiper and aus spec ones dont even come with one. They are identical cars.

simbadda54
02-11-2009, 07:04 PM

So i have to get an engineers cert to remove my hubcap then?

koolio
03-11-2009, 12:38 AM
lol, youll be allright :)

the type R integra came with deleted rear wiper. just to shed weight.

its okay, no ones gonna pick on you, alot of cars dont have rear wipers from stock, TECHNICALLY it is illegal, but just play dumb if you do get asked.

well a copper is going to look fort the usual defects. they probably wont bother you over just a little wiper missing. in front however thats just another case.

well my friend got defected for not having water in his washer bottle just because the cop wanted to pick on him, he was probably doing something stupid though but still, back to the point.
YOU will most probably not have any humps or bumps along your way. :) alot of cars come without them at stock :)

so just remove it and stop being a pussy :P lol jokes man

but yeah just go for it.

hisoka
03-11-2009, 12:43 AM
it is illegal to remove fronts that is for sure.

in the last couple of weeks i had my ek, i deleted front wipers, and had no rear wiper either. thing is, when i got a parking fine they would just leave it were the wiper would be lol. so they usually blow away lol

bennjamin
03-11-2009, 07:55 AM
So i have to get an engineers cert to remove my hubcap then?

legally....YES.

flipfire
03-11-2009, 08:44 AM
No, because its a minor modification.

http://163.189.7.150/registration/downloads/vsi/vsi_06_-_guidelines_for_light_vehicle_modifications_nov_20 07.pdf

bennjamin
03-11-2009, 09:03 AM
No, because its a minor modification.

http://163.189.7.150/registration/downloads/vsi/vsi_06_-_guidelines_for_light_vehicle_modifications_nov_20 07.pdf

Thing is , this can be argued by both sides. Removing an OEM part (and not replacing) no matter where from the car isnt a modification it can alter the saftey of a vehicle in regards to pedestrian safety etc.
Correct me if wrong , but no recent (civilian)passenger car comes standard with just steel wheels.
You ask HOw can removing a hubcap be an issue but trust me , if a police officer is anal enough ( and angry enough ) they WILL chase it and take you to court over it to prove you wrong.

Such a small item , WOULD be picked up on generally IF you have other outstanding defects or mods . Plus a shitty attitude which alot of people give police wont help !