PDA

View Full Version : EF8 Error code 20

crxtasy
31-10-2009, 12:39 PM
Hi Guys, i have an error code 20 on one of my EF8's and cannot for the life of me work out the solution. I've done some research and found that code 20 is the ELD electronic load detector and that it is part of the main fuse box in the engine bay.

I have replaced the main fuse box with a spare and that hasn't sorted it, have also replaced the main relay, alternator and distrubutor, tried a known good ecu, reset the ecu numorous times and still no luck. I am at a loss as to what to try next, this is the first problem i have come across that i haven't been able to fix.

Vtec is also not kicking in and i thought i might have miss read the code as 20 instead of 21 which is the spool valve, but i've sat there counting the flashes over and over and it's definitly 20.

I will replace the spool valve with a spare for the heck of it just incase the ecu led is playing funny buggers with me.

Is there a crx god out there that can offer any suggestions.

ECU-MAN
02-11-2009, 04:50 PM
I didnt think the OBDO ECU for EF8 had ELD. anyway that wont cause the ECU not to engage VTEC. you should check your oil pressure and test for 12v at the solenoid when VTEC is ment to engage.