PDA

View Full Version : DC2R rear seat into an EG hatch

Bob-Car
31-10-2009, 06:39 PM
Yes I could do a search but I can't be eff'd.

DC2R rear seats into an EG hatch...
Who has done this and please show how you got it to fit nicely... I recently bought a set from Honbits (pretty cheap too).

The back rest fits perfect... but the bottom bit does not... there gaps, big gaps on the sides and rears.

I've been told by various Tom's, Dik's, and Harry's from this forum that the DC2R rear seats fit perfectly all round but they DO NOT. I've also been told that DC5R seats fit too... but I don't have a set DC5R rear seats to test fit.

So who has fitted what and how... and this time don't just tell me how (cos telling me they do fit when they don't does not help) show me with pictures.

Much appreciated.

Alexx
31-10-2009, 07:05 PM
you need the ek9 bottom section. The gaps on each side with the dc2r bottom section are normal in eg

Bob-Car
31-10-2009, 07:29 PM
Do have pictures... I would like to see.

I doubt EK9 rear seats would fit any better. Stock EG rear bottom section seats are larger than both EK and DC2.

Anyone fit DC5 rears into an EG... show me!!

Bludger
01-11-2009, 12:54 AM
Yes I could do a search but I can't be eff'd.

DC2R rear seats into an EG hatch...
Who has done this and please show how you got it to fit nicely... I recently bought a set from Honbits (pretty cheap too).

The back rest fits perfect... but the bottom bit does not... there gaps, big gaps on the sides and rears.

I've been told by various Tom's, Dik's, and Harry's from this forum that the DC2R rear seats fit perfectly all round but they DO NOT. I've also been told that DC5R seats fit too... but I don't have a set DC5R rear seats to test fit.

So who has fitted what and how... and this time don't just tell me how (cos telling me they do fit when they don't does not help) show me with pictures.

Much appreciated.I could give you an answer, but I couldn't be eff'ed,just like you can't be eff'ed.

You won't get far with that attitude on here mate, show a bit more humility and respect and you'll go a lot further.

kcokla
01-11-2009, 08:22 AM
hahaha bludger, you are king

Bob-Car
02-11-2009, 12:53 PM
I could give you an answer, but I couldn't be eff'ed,just like you can't be eff'ed.

You won't get far with that attitude on here mate, show a bit more humility and respect and you'll go a lot further.
My apologies for my directness and inhumility and my disrespect (although I still fail to see who I have disrespected).

Okay bludger... please do provide an answer.

hiepy
03-11-2009, 01:07 AM
dc2r rear seats sit with gaps in an EG.
IFF HOWEVER, the rear seats came from a 4-DR dc2R (which was jdm delivered only) then the seats fit perfect but its rare to find.

if you have an EK, then get EK9...

edit- found link
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=107563

mr180sx
03-11-2009, 08:53 AM
if you want a perfect fitment for your EG then you need dc2r backing and EK9 bottoms as stated above.

If you want to use dc5r rear seats, you have to strip the skin of the dc5 seats and put it on your EG cushioning.

Bob-Car
03-11-2009, 01:40 PM
if you want a perfect fitment for your EG then you need dc2r backing and EK9 bottoms as stated above.

If you want to use dc5r rear seats, you have to strip the skin of the dc5 seats and put it on your EG cushioning.

Do you know if the Dc5r bottom section of the seats fit any better??

Alexx
03-11-2009, 02:02 PM
Dude, ek9 bottom section fits straight into EG - 100% no gaps

pm EGJOE if you want more confirmation - he has that setup in his car.

Mugen_R
03-11-2009, 02:10 PM

his right, i had EK4 rear seats in my EG and it looks OEM with no gaps

javer81
03-11-2009, 03:16 PM
can anyone confirm that the best match will be DB8(integra 4 door) bottom and DC2R back?

Bludger
03-11-2009, 03:46 PM
the best match is stock seats.

you meant the best compromise.

Alexx
03-11-2009, 05:23 PM
you need the ek9 bottom section. The gaps on each side with the dc2r bottom section are normal in eg

I thought the thread was pretty clear. Fourth time now - For perfect fitment in EG hatch, use dc2r top section, and ek9 bottom section.

sorry for being blunt, but the answer has been given a few times now :thumbsup:

mr180sx
03-11-2009, 06:19 PM
the best match will be ek9 bottoms with dc2r backing