PDA

View Full Version : wats the difference between series 1 n series 2 civic?

MrSlpa
01-11-2009, 06:34 AM
NOOB
Q?:getin a new bumper n head lights for my em1 i said to him i need 2 head lights n a bumper he goes series 1 or 2 ?? ny idea guys

jdm_b16a
01-11-2009, 07:40 AM
NOOB
Q?:getin a new bumper n head lights for my em1 i said to him i need 2 head lights n a bumper he goes series 1 or 2 ?? ny idea guys

EM1 - 1999-2000

From Wiki:

In 1999 the Civic had some updates for both the interior and exterior. These redesigns could vary according to the country of origin for the car. For example, in some European countries there was no redesign to the climate control area or to the rear of the sedan models.

The 1999 cars received a face lift which included a new grille, new headlights, and a new front bumper, fenders and hood and redesigned taillights. The coupe and sedans models also received a slight redesign to the bottom of the rear bumper. On the 1996 to 1998 sedans, the stop lights were on top of the reverse and turn lights, in 1999-2000 the reverse and turn lights were on top of the stop lights. For the coupe and hatchback the layouts remained as before; however, the rear turn signal lenses became clear/white instead of amber to match the reverse lights (the turn light bulbs themselves now were amber).

Inside the center console had a makeover. The sliding air system controls were replaced by rotary ones, which freed up space to accommodate an enlarged radio, which included the cassette player or CD player. Previously, the large size of the ventilation controls reduced the size of the radio, necessitating a slave cassette player or CD player at the bottom of the console.

In Australia, all models came with the D16Y4 engine, apart from the VTI sedan model, which had a D16Y5 and the VTI-R Hatchback and Coupe, which had the B16A engine

Peter

redefine
01-11-2009, 08:37 PM
series 2

more commonly known as facelift

Mugen Civic
01-11-2009, 09:57 PM
i concur