PDA

View Full Version : DELSOL B16A2 parts compatible

felixd
01-11-2009, 02:46 PM
Hi guys will be picking up our delsol with B16a2 just want to know which components are interchangeable from Civic EG's + EK's + CRX EF and DC2's

Suspension components :
Exhaust components :
Engine component :

thanks

ninzee
02-11-2009, 12:39 AM
umm some1 will have to confirm but from my experiences:

engine: b series engines are interchangable with each other i.e dc2r intake manifold will fit on your b16a2 and cams and all that should be the same. but intake will have to fit a del sol because it will have its own route.

Exhaust: b series headers will do try and go for b16 ones rather than b18c ones as the b18c has a larger sump and because of this the headers will sit lower and most probably scrape. with the rest of the exhaust again will need to be for the del sol because of the route it must take to not hit the underbody or axels n dat

suspension: from my experience the dc2r suspension wil fit as long as you change your lca's as the front will fit. not too sure about ek's but ef's have different lca's but not too sure about fronts

hope it helps cheers

felixd
02-11-2009, 12:57 AM
thanks heaps :)

ninzee
02-11-2009, 01:14 AM
no worries i got a b16a in my eg so if u need any help jst ask n ill c wat i can do

felixd
02-11-2009, 04:33 AM
wad mods should i do . nothing big for now though like bang for buck mods for the b16 :D

tiksie
02-11-2009, 08:17 PM
Before anyone else says it.

I/H/E.

kaze
02-11-2009, 08:53 PM
Suspension components : DC EG pretty much the same. Rear LCA and struts mount differently with the JDM models
Exhaust components : B series header, cat back is different to DC EG.
Engine component : Anything B series is swappable

I/H/E are the most common mods, but its still a gutless b16.
good rims, tires, and suspension setup goes along way.

felixd
02-11-2009, 11:28 PM
yah im trying to keep it clean . not really going into engine convertion / hardcore mods yet :D Ive got CAI/E/HFC/H for now and low temp thermo + aftermarket radiator.

ninzee
03-11-2009, 11:25 AM
a good bang for buk mod is a type r im and tb i picked up myn for around 220 and got 4kw and heaps more torque

VT3C
03-11-2009, 11:58 AM
i just got a Del Sol also :P

Dels Sols are 'EG2' so basically just an EG in terms of engine bay and suspension etc.

I tried to fit my OEM EG5 (civic VTi hatch) axle-back exhaust and it was 1.5-2" too short. I'm not sure if this is because of the B-Pipe being different or not.

You will only have to change rear LCA's to fit DC2-R/EG6 suspension.

a good bang for buk mod is a type r im and tb i picked up myn for around 220 and got 4kw and heaps more torque

*Bang per Buck* I wouldnt bother with IM upgrade on a B16A(2) unless you allready have high-comp internals, cams, headwork etc. and a 4kw / 5HP gain from a TB (without any ECU tuning) on an otherwise stock motor I find a bit hard to believe and merely a IM and TB aint gonna give you any noticable torque on an otherwise stock B16.

better to spend $220 towards a decent 4-2-1 header and cat-back exhaust system.

ninzee
03-11-2009, 05:15 PM
*Bang per Buck* I wouldnt bother with IM upgrade on a B16A(2) unless you allready have high-comp internals, cams, headwork etc. and a 4kw / 5HP gain from a TB (without any ECU tuning) on an otherwise stock motor I find a bit hard to believe and merely a IM and TB aint gonna give you any noticable torque on an otherwise stock B16.

better to spend $220 towards a decent 4-2-1 header and cat-back exhaust system.

fair call but i got a b16a so i dno if that makes a difference but i got dyno papers 2 prove it if u wanna c i got no computer upgrade so only the timing was adjusted

VT3C
04-11-2009, 04:46 PM
ninzee.. there are so many variables when presenting a 'dyno-proven' gain.. I just wouldnt reccomend that as a bang-per-buck power upgrade.

friends of mine (with a Del Sol too) installed Type R intake manifold and throttle body and actually LOST power and torque everywehere except for over 7,500RPM.. so yeah it might give a small gain on your top-end but in my opinion not worth the $$$ on a motor that hasnt got some wild modifications that would take advantage of a larger TB and IM.. and how often are you above 7,500 RPM.

There's also a BOOK on 'Dyno-proven HP for Honda B-series' I think it's called where this dude in US that races his Del Sol in NSCAA or some series.. he tests many many parts and combinations and found that the B16 IM/TB was actually very good and the Type R only had any gains over 7,500 rpm at the sacrifice of lower RPM torque and HP.

There's more to a dyno-curve than just it's PEAK figure :P