PDA

View Full Version : How can I import a CL7 Euro-R into Australia???

j218
01-11-2009, 11:10 PM
As topic how can I import a Genuine CL 7 into Australia due to it has more pwoer like the DC5 have have 4 doors also RECARO seats and body kit

Ken-f
01-11-2009, 11:15 PM
Maybe you shoulda put it together with your old thread. There really is no need to start another thread for a simple qn, especially when there a thread just below it with similar topics.

As for importing it, I'm not sure that you can, and if you could, i'd say it'd be very expensive!

Sephroth
01-11-2009, 11:22 PM
It's very expensive, you need to pay the custom plenty of bucks. Moreover, the goverment inspection fee for that car all extremly expensive. there is risk the car will fail too.

hondar
01-11-2009, 11:36 PM
As topic how can I import a Genuine CL 7 into Australia due to it has more pwoer like the DC5 have have 4 doors also RECARO seats and body kit

how can? almost impossible as you cannot import any vehicle that already exist here aka cl9

same with fd2r since fd2 is here from Honda australia
same with ek9 since ek is here ""
same with jdm dc2r since dc2r is here ""
same with jdm dc5r since dc5r is here ""

ep3 is allowed as we dont have this model as official car from honda australia.

the only way you can bring cl7 is the car has been registered under your name while you are living in overseas for at least 1 year if i am not wrong.

other than that. it will be almost impossible.

if you are just after the recaro and the bodykit. just buy them invidually

j218
01-11-2009, 11:46 PM
how can? almost impossible as you cannot import any vehicle that already exist here aka cl9

same with fd2r since fd2 is here from Honda australia
same with ek9 since ek is here ""
same with jdm dc2r since dc2r is here ""
same with jdm dc5r since dc5r is here ""

ep3 is allowed as we dont have this model as official car from honda australia.

the only way you can bring cl7 is the car has been registered under your name while you are living in overseas for at least 1 year if i am not wrong.

other than that. it will be almost impossible.

if you are just after the recaro and the bodykit. just buy them invidually

how about the engine will it fir directly to my old one???

hondar
02-11-2009, 12:06 AM
how about the engine will it fir directly to my old one???

you can swap engine if you want but if i were you i will just stay away it and enjoy the car is at it is.

j218
02-11-2009, 12:09 AM
you can swap engine if you want but if i were you i will just stay away it and enjoy the car is at it is.

yeah but i already got the exhaust, air filter, mags, suspension, wing but the DC 5 still beat me..........><

euromandeluxe
02-11-2009, 12:20 AM
yeah but i already got the exhaust, air filter, mags, suspension, wing but the DC 5 still beat me..........><

probably shouldnt have bought a euro if you wanted to go fast! LOL

sell it and buy an s15 or a type r or something

or

spend heaps of money and buy headers, intake, ecu etc. not worth it imo unless you need the comfort of the 4 doors etc but want performance too

j218
02-11-2009, 12:59 AM

or

spend heaps of money and buy headers, intake, ecu etc. not worth it imo unless you need the comfort of the 4 doors etc but want performance too

yes i needs a 4 doors car

DC5.Raven
02-11-2009, 01:00 AM

or

+1

If you wanted power and performance you shouldn't have got a Euro.
How bout an Evo?
It has 4 doors and will be faster than a DC5R/DC2R/FN2R or any Type R.

felixd
02-11-2009, 03:47 AM
well maybe he wanted to be the only 1 who owns a euro R :D

Tw-38
02-11-2009, 04:07 AM
maybe turbocharge it + NOS ... fast enough?

hondar
02-11-2009, 06:25 AM

i am not surprised if a dc5 beat you

there are some civic ef (88-91), civic eg (92-95) will whip you in this forum too.

even if you own a euro r, they will still may beat you too...

you need to think about a few thing
- power to weight ratio.
- how good is your traction
- how good is your shifting
- etc...

putting exhaust, air filter, mags, suspension and wing doesnt mean you should go faster as they are not magic pill.

by putting those parts hopefully you can make more (liberate) power or lose power.. if you use incorrect one

you put exhaust - what size? wrong size you can lose power
intake - again can be a problem if wrong one is used
mag - bigger rims can cause car to accelerate slower
wing - depend what kind of wing, decorative wing or useful wing.

anyway, i am not attacking you, what you do with your car is your personal choice. if you are happy with what you do is all that matter.

if you want to be quicker than now and still using 4 door sedan, get an evo or you can turbo your car.

if you want remain N/A and has powerful setup , you need to spend mega money in the region of 30k which enough to own you another car. this will be realistic bugdet, if you see some of the car they spend to achieve what they are, this is very realistic.

PS: i hope you are not racing a dc5 in a public road. i would encourage you to use track facility which is designed for sport use

SiReal
02-11-2009, 09:14 AM
Just get a Euro R bodykit, grill, badging, and some R wheels and you'll look like one. :wave:

hooyn
02-11-2009, 11:26 AM

air filter, mags, suspension and wing all make the car go much faster. how could you possibly not beat a dc5 with those modifications!?!?! :eek:

onlykillzz
02-11-2009, 12:24 PM
as hondar said earlier you shouldn't have bought a cl9 if you wont to go fast the cl9 was made to be a comfortable ride in every way possible meaning even if you have the power you will find the transmission isn't geared to allow quick acceleration, also if you have an auto euro its also going to affect the way you take off, this is just one very simple thing that will be holding you back not to mention suspension, weight, traction.

but that said if you wonted to add more power to your car you may consider getting a tune as you already have i/h/e even look into a cam upgrade, but don't forget no matter what you do the car is only going to go so fast...... as its still an accord uro......

j218
02-11-2009, 03:04 PM
i am not surprised if a dc5 beat you

there are some civic ef (88-91), civic eg (92-95) will whip you in this forum too.

even if you own a euro r, they will still may beat you too...

you need to think about a few thing
- power to weight ratio.
- how good is your traction
- how good is your shifting
- etc...

putting exhaust, air filter, mags, suspension and wing doesnt mean you should go faster as they are not magic pill.

by putting those parts hopefully you can make more (liberate) power or lose power.. if you use incorrect one

you put exhaust - what size? wrong size you can lose power
intake - again can be a problem if wrong one is used
mag - bigger rims can cause car to accelerate slower
wing - depend what kind of wing, decorative wing or useful wing.

anyway, i am not attacking you, what you do with your car is your personal choice. if you are happy with what you do is all that matter.

if you want to be quicker than now and still using 4 door sedan, get an evo or you can turbo your car.

if you want remain N/A and has powerful setup , you need to spend mega money in the region of 30k which enough to own you another car. this will be realistic bugdet, if you see some of the car they spend to achieve what they are, this is very realistic.

PS: i hope you are not racing a dc5 in a public road. i would encourage you to use track facility which is designed for sport use

Thanks for your ieda thenks a lot

felixd
02-11-2009, 03:37 PM
Thanks for your ieda thenks a lot

haha actually u wanted to get euro R just to beat ur mates with the DC5 lulz faild !!!! get ur self a push bike end of story :O and race around touge mountain

rayd
02-11-2009, 04:18 PM
hey stop dissing the CL9 ... i rather enjoy the pull mine has :D

Quite speedy for such a luxurious car! ! !

euro1603
02-11-2009, 07:33 PM
Just get a Euro R bodykit, grill, badging, and some R wheels and you'll look like one. :wave:

Yeah there are plenty of people with euro r on this forum... it only cost $50 from ebay.. go for your life.. so sad..

rayd
02-11-2009, 07:35 PM
Yeah there are plenty of people with euro r on this forum... it only cost $50 from ebay.. go for your life.. so sad..

:| :| :| where in the world did you find the euro R lip kit for $50!!!!!

Tw-38
02-11-2009, 07:48 PM
:| :| :| where in the world did you find the euro R lip kit for $50!!!!!

He says eBay...lol

starting bid $49.99. No reserve!

1 bid $50

No other bidders

You win!

the chance is still higher than win lotto anyway....

hisoka
02-11-2009, 07:51 PM
think his talking about euro R badge lol.

anyway , if you really keen import a half cut and swap most of it over

euromandeluxe
02-11-2009, 07:52 PM

hey man...

I like my badges :(

haha

Darkii_
02-11-2009, 08:57 PM

Haters keep on hatin'

After getting 2 negative comments about your euro you decide to take the pics off...so sad

I'm proud to say I'm a ricer with my euro-r badge :cool:

Back on topic, as all the others have said. If you're after power, you have to put a lot in to get it out of an NA car, turbo/supercharge would be a better option if you got money to spend =)

90LAN
02-11-2009, 09:18 PM
euro r has k20
same motor as a jdm dc5r
if you didnt know

only as personal import
live over seas for at least 1 year
then import it over

other than that be happy with your car
mite not be the fastest but it has other features that makes it a nice car to drive

EuroAccord13
02-11-2009, 09:22 PM
As above... ^^^^^

Now keep this thread nice to prevent premature closure....

dtngo
02-11-2009, 10:21 PM
The Euro was never meant to be fast. If you're after a quick saloon, swap the Euro for a Liberty GT or an MPS - may not be very quick stock, but they'll be easier to get power out of. You're better off spending money on handling mods as you'll get more out of your dollar.

RiceMeister
03-11-2009, 05:35 PM
liberty GT are dope! especially if modded nicely...can get some serious power from their boxer engines. euro's arent decided to be quick, they're there to be comfy, classy and an enjoyable drive. for a quick four door as others have said EVO may be the go. if your looking simply for the Euro-R look, its not too difficult as for performance...jack a DC5R's engine and start from there.

denot
04-11-2009, 11:21 AM
LOL... let change the situation a bit... ok, I need 4 door fast saloon, but... I'm on my red P!!!! so no turbo/turbocharged... what car does he need to buy?

oh, and live in NSW as well :p

hisoka
04-11-2009, 11:32 AM
the only way to have a fast 4 door saloon, is to have a turbo or a supercharger, or a v8.

liberty gt, aurion trd, xr8 falcon

iLlusion10
04-11-2009, 11:35 AM
you wait til you get off your Ps so you don't kill yourself with an overpowered RWD v8

BraXta
04-11-2009, 09:22 PM
maybe the sydney buses would be good... they got their own lanes... have turbo and airbags =P hehehahah

Lochstar_69
04-11-2009, 11:22 PM
the only way to have a fast 4 door saloon, is to have a turbo or a supercharger, or a v8.

liberty gt, aurion trd, xr8 falcon

LOL with the Aurion TRD, yeh death trap on those supercharged FWD's, motors cant hack it and the MASSIVE torque steer,

the car drives you to the pole on the side of the road............

Tw-38
04-11-2009, 11:39 PM
how about a Skyline R34 sedan....non turbo one.

V6 Neo engine.

That's the best you can get so far.

No such thing go fast without turbo, supercharge or V8.

V6 is your way to go..or L6

RiceMeister
05-11-2009, 12:10 AM
the 3.0Ltr V6 Liberty boasts a 180kw n/a engine.
they're pretty quick for a non-turbo 4 door sedan. luxury stylezzzz too.
im tipping quite a bit quicker than a non-turbo r34?

Tw-38
05-11-2009, 12:24 AM
you mean the Liberty RB 3.0...horizontal 6 cylinder.

Yes it is almost as fast as the GT. 0.3~0.5 slower in 0-100 but still pretty good.

Not sure which one will win with the R34 .... but it is good as well.

btw, is the law of P plate drivers still looking at turbo/supercharge/V8 or is it looking at power to weight?

I thought it is now power to weight so that is why P plater still cant drive S2000.

Please correct me if i am wrong. Thx.

aaronng
05-11-2009, 06:27 AM
btw, is the law of P plate drivers still looking at turbo/supercharge/V8 or is it looking at power to weight?

I thought it is now power to weight so that is why P plater still cant drive S2000.

Please correct me if i am wrong. Thx.
New P platers
Depends which state you are in. NSW restricts based on turbo, V8 and high performance V6, while VIC has half and half with the old P-platers using power-to-weight and new P-platers using the same rule as NSW.

j218
06-11-2009, 01:52 PM
thankyou for all you guys information thanks a lot

02gzm
06-11-2009, 04:42 PM
how about a Skyline R34 sedan....non turbo one.

V6 Neo engine.

That's the best you can get so far.

No such thing go fast without turbo, supercharge or V8.

V6 is your way to go..or L6

It's an inline 6 not a V6. And they aren't fast.

Golf R32.
4wd, N/A, V6, 4-doors... but good luck affording one of the newer models as a P-plater.

RiceMeister
06-11-2009, 09:44 PM
i think if he's considering importing a CL7 money isn't an issue haha.
r32 golf would be nice, big engine, small car ;)

dtngo
06-11-2009, 10:06 PM
Lotus Elise/Exige with the 141kw Toyota donk? :)

aaronng
07-11-2009, 08:30 AM
Lotus Elise/Exige with the 141kw Toyota donk? :)

No space to put my takeaway pho. Plus it would spill when I take a corner.

EUR003act
08-11-2009, 08:42 AM
Look at my build thread for some ideas on how to get your CL9 closer to the performance of a CL7... Power wise im already infront, its not that difficult...

j218
20-11-2009, 05:36 PM
Look at my build thread for some ideas on how to get your CL9 closer to the performance of a CL7... Power wise im already infront, its not that difficult...

it looks good man but i still interest in a JDM CL7

eg_08_wa
21-11-2009, 07:40 PM
money wise its not worth it, but if you really really want a cl7, why not create one?

Find a euro with a broken engine or one that's had water damage, or even a light prang, then import a cl7 (has to be cut up) and do a swap. take out everything from the cl9, and transfer everything from the cl7 into the cl9 shell. hey presto, cl7.
ppl do it with civics, wrx's so if you really want one, and money is no object, then heys, that's probably your only option, unless you know how to personally import one.

just an idea

mr_euro_03
23-11-2009, 09:59 PM
xr6 turbo would be great. spend 1000$ on it get 300kw at the fly

blk05gli
24-11-2009, 10:13 PM
drive home, park your euro, turn on PS2 and play gran turismo 4 with the euro-R to your hearts content! Bloody Sony pricks made the PS3 unable to play PS2 games dammit!

From riding in a few type-R cars with workmates, they are not too good for the daily commute, especially after work when you're buggered and want a nice relaxing drive home, but realize sydney traffic+roads+peaky engine+stiff suspension+idiots trying to race you always = more tension.

driving a euro std/lux is so much nicer :-)

j218
25-11-2009, 02:12 AM
Guys I have a good news to say I''ve finally bought a CL 7 yesterday afternoon in Japan and going to do a Personnal Import under my uncle's name he work in Japan!! I will post some picture later when I receive some update!! Thanks all....

Darkii_
25-11-2009, 03:27 AM
holy shit, if you do get it over. That is just epic...

Where in Aus are you located anyways?

DC5.Raven
25-11-2009, 06:05 AM
Guys I have a good news to say I''ve finally bought a CL 7 yesterday afternoon in Japan and going to do a Personnal Import under my uncle's name he work in Japan!! I will post some picture later when I receive some update!! Thanks all....

I thought you (or your uncle) would have to have owned the car for the last 12 months consecutively or something?
Or how are you planning to import it?

aaronng
25-11-2009, 08:02 AM

DC5.Raven is right. Your uncle will have to own it for 12 months and also do the required kms on it. Then he has to be migrating to Australia to live here, and it is only then when the car can be brought in as a personal import.

hondar
25-11-2009, 08:13 AM

seriously if you really really do have the chance (that your uncle will drive around for 12 months and considering to migrate to australia after that) ... maybe should get mugen RR instead of CL7?

i am sure if you decided to sell your car.. many more will line up to buy them

johnprocter
25-11-2009, 10:36 AM
subscribed to see end result !

02gzm
25-11-2009, 10:52 AM
DC5.Raven is right. Your uncle will have to own it for 12 months and also do the required kms on it. Then he has to be migrating to Australia to live here, and it is only then when the car can be brought in as a personal import.

^^ This.

You have to provide proof that the car is driven by you (or in this case your uncle) for a year before they will even consider letting you import it too. So basically fuel invoices, service invoices, rego, etc.

Personally instead of waiting a year and spending an arm and a leg on import taxes/transport I'd just work a CL9

Darkii_
25-11-2009, 11:07 AM
Oh i didn't know you had to show proff that you were actually driving it, learnt something new.

Mmm hopefully all goes well and you can bring it over, else stuck with a cl7 in japan lol

aaronng
25-11-2009, 01:40 PM
Oh i didn't know you had to show proff that you were actually driving it, learnt something new.

Mmm hopefully all goes well and you can bring it over, else stuck with a cl7 in japan lol

Even with a CL7, you'll find many of the modded CL9s here will go faster than the CL7. The only plus you will have over the others are the Recaro seats (which people love to steal)

BTW, you did buy the CL7 Euro R and not the regular CL7, right?

j218
25-11-2009, 11:58 PM
Its a CL7 Euro R and car will be import to Brisbane in next year!!

hisoka
26-11-2009, 12:24 AM
if it doesnt work out to be registerable , shot gun seats~

and goodluck mate, good on you for being different~!

Darkii_
26-11-2009, 12:43 AM
nicee, hopefully you can get it over and register it. Will be waiting to see a real euro r around haha.

What year did you end up buying?

02gzm
26-11-2009, 07:24 AM
Is your uncle moving to Aus next year?

demons21
26-11-2009, 08:38 AM
Its a CL7 Euro R and car will be import to Brisbane in next year!!

Mate

Stock-to-stock, the CL7 loses to the DC5 every time due to its inferior power-to-weight ratio being well over 200kg heavier. With the money you will spend to get a CL7 in to Australia you could have any choice of car, from a HSV GTS to an EVO 9.. Sorry mate but give it a rest..

hisoka
26-11-2009, 09:06 AM
Mate

Stock-to-stock, the CL7 loses to the DC5 every time due to its inferior power-to-weight ratio being well over 200kg heavier. With the money you will spend to get a CL7 in to Australia you could have any choice of car, from a HSV GTS to an EVO 9.. Sorry mate but give it a rest..

so who cares, most civics with engine converted b16 will lose to a stock sr20, big deal.

let him get the car he wants, its unique, iam ure if he wanted a fast car he wouldnt be driving a fwd honda cl7.

anyone can say that drive a lancer evo or a hsv gts, but how many people you ever heard say they roll cl7 euro R

you should give it a rest. and no iam no fanboy either

02gzm
26-11-2009, 09:16 AM

^^ Read his previous posts Hiso lol :p

Seems to me like he only wants it to beat DC5's. He even has a wing and mags and can't beat one! :rolleyes:

Personally for the 50-odd grand you'd spend on buying the car and shipping/taxes I'd try and import the SH-AWD drivetrain from an Acura TL, mate it to the K24 and then boost it. Turbo AWD Euro... Mmmmm....

demons21
26-11-2009, 09:23 AM
so who cares, most civics with engine converted b16 will lose to a stock sr20, big deal.

let him get the car he wants, its unique, iam ure if he wanted a fast car he wouldnt be driving a fwd honda cl7.

anyone can say that drive a lancer evo or a hsv gts, but how many people you ever heard say they roll cl7 euro R

you should give it a rest. and no iam no fanboy either

Hisoka,

I think going Fast is all he cares about.. Looking through previous posts... This is an open forum right??? I was just giving my opinion..

Cheers

hisoka
26-11-2009, 09:55 AM
Hisoka,

I think going Fast is all he cares about.. Looking through previous posts... This is an open forum right??? I was just giving my opinion..

Cheers

my bad man, just woke up when i posted that too. your right lol whata lame dude,

shouldve got jap spec dc5r am i right lol ?

^^ Read his previous posts Hiso lol :p

Seems to me like he only wants it to beat DC5's. He even has a wing and mags and can't beat one! :rolleyes:

LOL, it cant be, i swear wing gave me 90kw lol~ how is he still losing

tknova
26-11-2009, 11:17 AM
Seeing as this is most likely (hopefully) a first for a CL7 to reach Australia, there could be possible capital gained if you do decide to sell! I'm sure there would be many die hards that would pay top dollar to purchase a Euro R.

Good luck with the importing and keep us all informed of how you go!

Stig
26-11-2009, 11:32 AM
50k? for a cl7 euro R?.. daym... should get the fd2r :p

RiceMeister
26-11-2009, 08:07 PM
if you're throwing down 50K for a car quick enough to beat "DC5r" then to be honest your money could be spent A LOT better mate. as money doesn't seem to be an issue it shouldnt really matter that you already have the wing, rims ect...sell them and add the cash to a fund to get a worked evo 7 or 8...that's if you want speed. but if you just wanna be the only dude in aus with a CL7 euro-r...then GO for it!!

lol.

tim-e
27-11-2009, 12:45 PM
I'd try and import the SH-AWD drivetrain from an Acura TL, mate it to the K24 and then boost it. Turbo AWD Euro... Mmmmm....I would love my car to be AWD. That would be extremely phat.

demons21
27-11-2009, 01:19 PM
I would love my car to be AWD. That would be extremely phat.

You and me both.... Put a Turbo on top of that and would die a happy man...

hisoka
27-11-2009, 02:19 PM
yeah , euros with awd turbo would be epic.

lol shoudlve just bought a liberty STi aye guys ~Lol

aaronng
27-11-2009, 02:53 PM
Isn't the SH-AWD system is AUTO only?

02gzm
27-11-2009, 03:02 PM
I'm pretty sure a nice lump of that $50,000 would sort that out. You could probably even modify a crv drivetrain. Anything can be done with the right amount of money.

It would be more practical to just boost the K24 and buy a decent suspension setup than to import/hack and modify an AWD system though.

demons21
27-11-2009, 03:03 PM
yeah , euros with awd turbo would be epic.

lol shoudlve just bought a liberty STi aye guys ~Lol

That was on the cards for a while, except the Wife thinks there ugly. Why do I continue to listen to her?

aaronng
27-11-2009, 03:39 PM
I'm pretty sure a nice lump of that $50,000 would sort that out. You could probably even modify a crv drivetrain. Anything can be done with the right amount of money.

It would be more practical to just boost the K24 and buy a decent suspension setup than to import/hack and modify an AWD system though.

Not the SH-AWD system. Unless you want to recast the whole transmission case. The layout is different to a normal auto or manual gearbox so you can't chop and change.

hisoka
27-11-2009, 03:45 PM
That was on the cards for a while, except the Wife thinks there ugly. Why do I continue to listen to her?

lol unless you want to get familiar with the gear shifting hand, i would continue to listen to her lol. but anyway i think she is correct lol

liberty sti
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j60/Aussiedave_2006/MY07%20Liberty%20GTB%20STI/MY07LibertyGTSpecBSTI001.jpg

euro R, or pretty much our limited edition 2007 model
http://honda-type-r.com/photo/honda-accord-euro-r-1.jpg

demons21
27-11-2009, 03:50 PM
I probably wouldn't have bought the STI version. Probably the GT one cause it still looks LUX but with a bit more grunt.

hisoka
27-11-2009, 03:53 PM
yeah i rarely seen anyone with a STI one, and when i do its usually a enthusiast of subaru lol. nice car but. still accord euro is bang for buck lol.

anyway back to topic. shot gun seats and foldable mirrors

02gzm
27-11-2009, 04:03 PM
The US K23 SH-AWD gearbox from an RDX shouldn't be too difficult to mate up. Still automatic with manual mode though.

Alternatively, wait till they release the TSX type S in the states next year, some idiot to write one off, then import the wreck. Turbo K23 engine, SH-AWD drivetrain and DSG transmission. Mmmmmmm

aaronng
27-11-2009, 04:15 PM
The US K23 SH-AWD gearbox from an RDX shouldn't be too difficult to mate up. Still automatic with manual mode though.

Alternatively, wait till they release the TSX type S in the states next year, some idiot to write one off, then import the wreck. Turbo K23 engine, SH-AWD drivetrain and DSG transmission. Mmmmmmm

I don't think there is enough space as there is no transmission/driveshaft tunnel in the CL7/CL9 chassis. For that, you need the CL8 chassis.

ninzee
28-11-2009, 01:06 AM
lol subscribed
one of the 1st CL7 to reach aus man thats gotta count for something :)
if you were looking 4 speed i dno y u went for it but i rkn as soon as u sit inside and take it for a drive u wont care wat every1 is saying or how fast it is because ur going to be driving a fkn hot/mildly quick car

aaronng
28-11-2009, 08:06 AM
lol subscribed
one of the 1st CL7 to reach aus man thats gotta count for something :)
if you were looking 4 speed i dno y u went for it but i rkn as soon as u sit inside and take it for a drive u wont care wat every1 is saying or how fast it is because ur going to be driving a fkn hot/mildly quick car

Externally the EuroR looks identical to the Euro Sports/Limited Edition :)
So you could say that our local version is also fkn hot.

euromandeluxe
28-11-2009, 11:08 AM

LOL epic quote.

my money says this euroR import is never gonna happen. sorry! too many rules + regs

hisoka
28-11-2009, 01:43 PM
Externally the EuroR looks identical to the Euro Sports/Limited Edition :)

correct !~

but have you noticed when you look up close the grill is actually different.

i realised not to long ago lol. i got a black one at my house atm, not mine but

aaronng
28-11-2009, 04:49 PM
correct !~

but have you noticed when you look up close the grill is actually different.

i realised not to long ago lol. i got a black one at my house atm, not mine but

There are two types of grill. The 2003-2005 and 2006-2008 grill. So there are two types of EuroR grill which correspond to the 2003-2005 Euro Sports and 2006-2008 Euro Limited Edition.

hisoka
28-11-2009, 05:24 PM
ohh i see. just noticed on the parts list there was a couple of different ones. thanks.

EUR003act
03-12-2009, 07:06 AM
hey if you want a euro that beats DC5 ill sell you mine for $30k... save on all the importing and everything... comes with all mods still fitted, plus the CL7R gearbox with LSD....

do it and save $20k!!! :thumbsup:

Xplodin
03-12-2009, 07:39 AM
hey if you want a euro that beats DC5 ill sell you mine for $30k... save on all the importing and everything... comes with all mods still fitted, plus the CL7R gearbox with LSD....

do it and save $20k!!! :thumbsup:
But its Auto... :D

aaronng
03-12-2009, 07:40 AM

His is manual..........

Xplodin
03-12-2009, 07:53 AM
ummm ok must be mistaken... My Bad

dtngo
03-12-2009, 09:19 AM

I think you're thinking of Rein's Euro.

Xplodin
03-12-2009, 09:20 AM
I think soo too...

EUR003act
04-12-2009, 06:31 AM

lol yes thats reins car lol

His is manual..........

thanks aaronng :)

hopefully ill be coming up to sydney early next year to get the R box put back in :)

NDU19E
05-12-2009, 08:38 AM
just stick a v8 in it :P lmao

YBJLS4
04-03-2010, 09:56 PM
isnt turbo-diesel allowed on p's or is that out? if it isnt get the golf gti four door.

02gzm
05-03-2010, 08:55 AM
isnt turbo-diesel allowed on p's or is that out? if it isnt get the golf gti four door.

GTI's are 147kw 2L turbo petrol.
GT Sport's come in 125kw 2L turbo diesel.

The Comfortline and Sportsline variants also come in diesel but have less powerful engines.

yjcha2
05-03-2010, 10:15 AM
You will not be able to import the vehicle into Australia legally as Honda Australia currently holds full compliance in importing Hondas.
however, you can import in "parts" from overseas.
So, what could be done is.. disassemble the car in japan and import them in as parts then reassemble it back in australia. Think if it as an expensive and elaborated model kit.

However, how do you go abouts registering it will be another issue..

Stig
05-03-2010, 03:37 PM
^ lol nice try to get a rep point but im sure it has been covered in this whole thread