PDA

View Full Version : problem with right head light on my 94 hatch civic eg

.:Thrasher:.
02-11-2009, 01:25 AM
hey there

im just wondering that when i start my car in the morning, or any long period of time my car has not been started, my right head light does not turn on, but the parkers do. after like 20 to 30 minutes it turns on or if i thrash my car a lil it will turn on.

i thought maybe that it was a problem with the light globe or a wiring problem, but just recently my friends civic hatch eg started doing the same thing.

is there anything i could do to solve this problem? and also is this a problem that the eg's had?

any help is great!:thumbsup:

DvS-
03-11-2009, 07:53 AM
if u dont know much about the electrical sides of the car like me, i would take it to an auto electrician. someone who knows what theyre doing.

aaronng
03-11-2009, 08:11 AM
Check the bulb and socket for corrosion. If there isn't any, then the wiring could be worn out from old age.

03-11-2009, 07:18 PM
thanks heaps for the help.:thumbsup:

the problem has actually stopped by itself but i will still check for corrosion.

take care.:wave:

riruiz_88
03-11-2009, 07:52 PM
could be the tungsten element. my guess is the element is broken. so when you thrash your car, this vibrates/moves the element which makes a good contact. and then when you drive normal, the element is split from making a good contact. remove the globe with the problem, and inspect the tungsten for damage/cuts/blacked out housing.

04-11-2009, 01:55 AM
could be the tungsten element. my guess is the element is broken. so when you thrash your car, this vibrates/moves the element which makes a good contact. and then when you drive normal, the element is split from making a good contact. remove the globe with the problem, and inspect the tungsten for damage/cuts/blacked out housing.

well the lights are not actually tungsten. i have power blue lights you can buy from you're local car auto shop. but i understand that it could still be the same thing.

also after 10 minutes when they turn on, they stay on, even if i cruise it or if i leave my car off for about a good 4-6 hours even if the car has fully cooled down.

its a weird problem but i will look into it. i don't really want to go to an auto electrician for this problem seeing as it is not a major one (my light still turns on in the end).

riruiz_88
04-11-2009, 03:20 PM
see if you can borrow a mates headlight.
actually it is tungsten man, halogen is the gas that is within the globe to give the blue effect.
have you inspected the globe for any damage?

04-11-2009, 03:56 PM
see if you can borrow a mates headlight.
actually it is tungsten man, halogen is the gas that is within the globe to give the blue effect.
have you inspected the globe for any damage?

learn something new everyday.

the globes are actually 1 week old. my car is getting a detail at the moment so thats why there is a delay for me to actually check the globe.

i highly dought that there is a problem with the globe, but it could just be a faulty one or it might just have to warm up before it can turn on.

il get back to everyone soon with the diagnostics of the problem when i get my car back.

thanks for the help:wave: