PDA

View Full Version : Damaged FN2 Type R

sintoni
02-11-2009, 03:44 PM
Hi, I am new to the forum..

I just saw this ads, about this damaged FN2.

The ads: http://cgi.ebay.com.au/DAMAGED-HONDA-CIVIC-TYPE-R-BLACK-6-SPEED-MAMUAL-07-2007_W0QQitemZ260496902218QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAU_Ca rs?hash=item3ca6d3484a

I think I will need a new door, and a repair on the side
front bumper..

I just want to ask, how much is needed to fix the car?

Thanks for the responds..

wassup
02-11-2009, 05:45 PM
Hi, I am new to the forum..

I just saw this ads, about this damaged FN2.

The ads: http://cgi.ebay.com.au/DAMAGED-HONDA-CIVIC-TYPE-R-BLACK-6-SPEED-MAMUAL-07-2007_W0QQitemZ260496902218QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAU_Ca rs?hash=item3ca6d3484a

I think I will need a new door, and a repair on the side
front bumper..

I just want to ask, how much is needed to fix the car?

Thanks for the responds..

The damage is more severe than just that.

New Wheel and tire
Front bumper (maybe)
left fender and trim
entire left side Door
Front Passenger Airbag
A Pillar Airbag
Passenger seat - Side impact airbag deployed

and thats only what can be seen in the pictures... the frame looks bent too.

Im no smash repairer but it looks exxy

aaronng
02-11-2009, 06:30 PM
And a new SRS airbag ECU, which the dealer will charge you an arm and a leg for.

eNGee
02-11-2009, 06:41 PM
:eek: ouch.... what a shame.... such a waste ....

JOhnnyFD
02-11-2009, 07:25 PM
take the engine... a k20z4 engine conversion :D

sintoni
02-11-2009, 08:05 PM
How about this one, guys

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/DAMAGED-HONDA-CIVIC-TYPE-R-BLACK-6-SPEED-MANUAL-07-2007_W0QQitemZ260498917166QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAU_Ca rs?hash=item3ca6f2072e

I had a chat with the seller, and he said that the engine and chassis are not damaged..

Nismo3oi
02-11-2009, 08:16 PM
both not worth it. Both airbags and the module will set you back alot not including the exterior and labour

kojmeister
03-11-2009, 03:52 PM
I agree with all... the last I checked with one of the WA Honda Parts Dept that a door has 2 separate pieces (and I mean only the door frame only..no glass..no buttons..no handles...etc.). Firstly the shell that is around $1132 and the skin that is $542 and this is all unpainted..just bare metal and you have to weld it together. Not forgetting that from the pics youve gotta see for structural damage too...and that is always ex with the smash repair dudes..

The seats in the FN2 cost around $1500 each the last I checked and its not worth any of the trouble you'd be going through...In my opinion, it would be wiser to sell the car in separate parts..cos it should be worth something...lol.

Nismo3oi
03-11-2009, 06:24 PM
very good idea selling the parts seperately though i dont think anyone would spend the time to

wassup
03-11-2009, 07:54 PM
I agree with all... the last I checked with one of the WA Honda Parts Dept that a door has 2 separate pieces (and I mean only the door frame only..no glass..no buttons..no handles...etc.). Firstly the shell that is around $1132 and the skin that is $542 and this is all unpainted..just bare metal and you have to weld it together. Not forgetting that from the pics youve gotta see for structural damage too...and that is always ex with the smash repair dudes..

The seats in the FN2 cost around $1500 each the last I checked and its not worth any of the trouble you'd be going through...In my opinion, it would be wiser to sell the car in separate parts..cos it should be worth something...lol.

The place selling these two cars is a salvage yard. It says alot If they themselves arent willing to strip and sell to make a buck....

mrwillz
03-11-2009, 07:59 PM
you can make 2 wrecks into one

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=121649

mekana
11-01-2010, 10:56 PM
im repairing a damaged fn2r at the moment.. and man are these hard to find parts and so expensive to fix.. just to give you a low down cost price form honda the front bar complete your looking around $1500 not painted... no fog lights!.. mine was damaged front left didnt realise the abs pump was hit.. that alone is $1800 cost price.. starting to see why they wont fix them?.. nor will they strip them for parts... catch 22..

most people quoted me 2nd parts higher then hondas new part price, just caus they think its worth more caus its type r..

derby23
11-01-2010, 11:31 PM
prob cost more time and effort to fix it then by one that isn't damaged.

mekana
14-01-2010, 10:26 AM
I bought mine fairly cheap... and my airbags arn't deployed.. where as these ones on ebay are all deployed.. mines only got damage to front right hand corner so hopefully mines gona cost $24k to have it backon the road perfect again.. so i save prob $7k maybe =D. If the airbags are deployed your looking at like $5000 for sensors airbags computers and seatbelts... thats not even the airbags in the seats..

Funny enough get this... in the same auction i bought mine there was a Dc5r and the only thing bad with it was that someone smashed the passenger side window and stole the seats... and the quote form insurance to replace the seats.. ge tthis no joke are around $13,000 from honda direct from japan!.. so they write all the new cars off when people steal the seats because of that cost alone.. ive been told the FN2R seats brand new from honda round $17k... how whack is that!..

jesmine0
14-01-2010, 10:48 AM
You can get the FD2R seat from FS section with less than 2k. but still not worth it of repairing the car.

If wrecking for parts, I'd say it must be lack of demands on FN2R market. Just get a proper car.