PDA

View Full Version : My Friend's less than 1year old Honda CRV got oil leakage....

praja6
02-11-2009, 07:45 PM
Hi ALl,

Just want you guys opinion. My work mate here in Sydney bought Honda CRV nearly 1year ago. after 9months he got oil leakage from engine and he took it to the dealer in Sydney(not sure i can mention dealer name here)to fix it, they changed something and no problem at all. Now he said couple of weeks ago he got oil leakage again and took it to the same dealer and he said his car is in dealer's garage for 1week. They gave him a courtesy car Honda jazz until the CRV is fixed.

My friend said the dealer has no clues whats the problem for oil leakage, may be the engine redone, but he is not happy his less than 1yr old CRV is in dealer's garage. He said he tried to talk with the dealer manager and left message, the dealer manager not getback to him.. Still the dealer has no clues and the manager doesnt want/doesn't bother to talk with my friend..He is not happy with it..

Just need some advise, Should he leave the car even weeks or months in dealer's garage to find out te problem or redone the full engine.. Is there anyway he can get it fixed soon..

THanks and need your kind suggestion.

praja6
03-11-2009, 10:47 PM
Hi All,

Today my friend got a call from the dealer, they told him that they need to replace the new engine and that need to come from Japan and only will be in December.

He is not happy as its only less than 1yr old car bought brand new for 37k got engine replacement.

He doesnt want that takes 2months and his car stay in dealer garage.

He is thinking to ring Honda Australia asking for brand new CRV, he can flexible to put few extra thousands

GUys, should he press hard Honda AUstralia to give him nea CRV, as he is worryiing the car value not going to be same after replace engine.

Please give any suggestions....Is any one of your CRV got similar oil leakage problem

UNLS1
05-11-2009, 01:48 PM
he wont get a new car!

he has a replacement car

its just very unlucky, and seems like a 1 off.
all makes have problems like this that happen once every so often with a new car.

jords
05-11-2009, 01:50 PM
read the terms and conditions of the Warranty.

panda[cRx]
05-11-2009, 03:38 PM
hahahaha he will never get a new crv out of honda. Dude the dealer is doing right by your mate, they are in a free courtesy car and they are replacing the engine under warranty. what more does he want?

technically the dealer does not even have to give him the courtesy car

drunkntigr
04-12-2009, 09:49 PM
Yeah your mate is already getting a good deal.

grifty
04-12-2009, 10:39 PM
does it mean that if someone revs checks it it's going to show up that the engine has been replaced?

MZ3
06-12-2009, 09:37 PM
Dont think a revs check would reveal an engine change.

curtis265
06-12-2009, 10:19 PM
don't think revs check will even know about this issue.

Dealer's doing a good job... Don't ask for more.

Belinda03
08-12-2009, 06:44 PM
Your mate needs to understand that a lot of major parts for Hondas do have to come in from Japan which does take time unfortunately. panda[cRx] is completely correct, the dealer does not have to supply a courtesy car. They do that out of goodwill to the customer. If your mate is annoyed at getting a Jazz as a courtesy car, I can tell you now that Honda only tell the dealers to supply better if the customer car is a Euro, Legend, or V6 Accord. Perhaps your friend could try talking to other dealers in the area to get a second opinion if he is not happy.

praja6
14-12-2009, 11:29 PM
Hi ALl,

Thanks for the opinion. THey replaced the new engine for my mate's cRV and he is happy so far.

Hope he won't have trouble with the new engine

THanks

tiksie
15-12-2009, 09:01 AM
Less then 1 year old and needed a whole new engine ?

O_O!

Having 2nd thoughts about buying a brand new Honda in the long run.

WATAJK
21-12-2009, 12:33 AM
Well i think ur mate got lucky as others said..
I woulda just been happy, let honda fix the problem and thats it.
IF it's under warranty lifes easy