PDA

View Full Version : noisey rear camber kit

Jon_51
03-11-2009, 08:29 AM
My rear camber arms seem to keep loosening a little bit and then starts squeaking heaps.
Am I the only one with this problem? does anyone have any tips to get it to stay tight and quiet? Would it be worth removing from the car to do up then reattaching?

bennjamin
03-11-2009, 08:33 AM
because they are adjustable ( and often made of softer metals) this is a common problem for aftermarket camber kits both front n rear.

Fix it perhaps , by apply some LOCTITE or thread tape to the thread when setting and locking in place. this may help keep it held.

slimx
16-11-2009, 12:41 AM
when i 1st bought my DA9 i noticed this to.. i got the EXACT same problem squeeks, makes noise on speed humps etc.. not to much and its not all the time..

i always thoguht it was the shocks or something..
so its definately the camber arm?

b18cfreak
16-11-2009, 06:59 AM
Interesting, I've recently had all the bushes and shocks and springs replaced in my car and I have an insane amount of squeaking going on and it's giving me the shits.

It would be great to be able to fix this issue as it drives me insane, have to pump up my stereo to escape all the noises atm :(

bennjamin
16-11-2009, 07:52 AM
Interesting, I've recently had all the bushes and shocks and springs replaced in my car and I have an insane amount of squeaking going on and it's giving me the shits.

It would be great to be able to fix this issue as it drives me insane, have to pump up my stereo to escape all the noises atm :(

sounds like installation error OR aftermarket bushes used. Get used to it - the noise/s WONT go away.

b18cfreak
16-11-2009, 12:59 PM
Aftermmarket bushes have been used lol I hope it's not an installation error rofl, it's damn annoying tho. Good note the car does handle very well ;)

johnn
17-11-2009, 09:00 PM
Who did your installations of your bushes? Any places in Windsor?

Killa From Manila
17-11-2009, 09:03 PM
lube up the bushes is u can be bothered coz its probably the rubber/poly to metal contact squeaking. i think its lithium grease that ur supposed to use for em.

b18cfreak
17-11-2009, 09:26 PM
It was all done at AAA automotive in Castle Hill specifically by my mate who works there. That being said I've told him that it's annoying a squeaky and he's got a few things he can try. I'll talk to him about the lube etc. I honestly think it may be the OLD bushes which we didn't replace which are the camber arms.

The majority of the noise is coming from the front left. sigh.

OH and LOL! I just replaced my front tyres because when I got the suspension done my old tyres were badly worn already and the place that did the wheel alignment said the tyres are completely out and ****ed and will make it feel shit to drive. Didn't believe em until now..

I no long have the steering wheel shaking at 60kph+ and the car no longer rocks back and forward when breaking and ALSO the car feels like it's had another suspension change as the handling is incredible..

got bridgestone adrenalin re001, <-- a little off topic but I was reading on some other posts about which tyres to buy and was between what i got and the s.drive but went with bridgestone because they were $60 cheaper each wheel.

The only thing I got worried about was people saying the Aus made re001's are absolute shit compared to the jap made ones.. checked mine and they are thailand.. lol?!?!?!

slimx
25-11-2009, 06:52 PM
fk u been through shit too ay lol, guys jst crank the music up thats what i do lol

spardikis
07-12-2009, 06:17 PM
when replacing any bushing or rear camber arm in this case, they will squeak like you wouldnt believe if you dont lube them up right.

when done right thye dont squeek at all. make sure you lube the inside of the bolt hole, the outer rubber parts and any frictional surfaces... and dont do it piss arse, get the grease everywhere !!!