PDA

View Full Version : tires for and 08 R6

marabaan
04-11-2009, 11:31 AM
hey guys
im looking at getting some new tires for my 08 R6.
but not sure where to start.

now i dont think ill be doing any track for any time soon.
i will be mostly riding in the suburbs and the weekend ride through national parks and motorways.

any ideas.
and how can u tell which tires are better from other.

c0LL1n
04-11-2009, 01:09 PM
it all depends on how much $$ you wanna fork out. also it depends on how many km's and the type of riding you do. if you go for something like pirelli supercorsa tyres etc, they offer high grip but you wont get too much mileage out of them.

you can usually tell the difference between higher grip tyres to those that arent by the tyre compound/construction. some tyres now offer multi-compounds like harder compund in the middle of the tyre for those that do a bit of daily riding and a softer/gripper compound on the edges of the tyre for the weekend/twisties rider...

marabaan
04-11-2009, 02:22 PM
it all depends on how much $$ you wanna fork out. also it depends on how many km's and the type of riding you do. if you go for something like pirelli supercorsa tyres etc, they offer high grip but you wont get too much mileage out of them.

you can usually tell the difference between higher grip tyres to those that arent by the tyre compound/construction. some tyres now offer multi-compounds like harder compund in the middle of the tyre for those that do a bit of daily riding and a softer/gripper compound on the edges of the tyre for the weekend/twisties rider...

well i dont mind spending money as long as i know im getting something that is worth it.
and i would like something that gribs well and also get more that 5000km out of it.

what brands are good.

Inf3ct0R
04-11-2009, 02:26 PM
for street i'd recommend pliot powers 2ct. team moto blacktown is having a sale, $499 fitted.

marabaan
04-11-2009, 04:20 PM
has anyone else used
pliot powers 2ct

BulletBoy
10-12-2009, 05:30 PM
try metzelers racetec k2 on rear and k1 on front.. words cannot describe it !
funnily enough i've got about 6000kms on them already and they should be fine id say for another 3-4k.. this is with daily commuting along with hitting the twisties every 2nd week or so and a track day once every 2-3 months.. i do only weight 65 though and have the suspension sprung for my weight.

Twincam16
13-12-2009, 09:33 PM
try metzelers racetec k2 on rear and k1 on front.. words cannot describe it !
funnily enough i've got about 6000kms on them already and they should be fine id say for another 3-4k.. this is with daily commuting along with hitting the twisties every 2nd week or so and a track day once every 2-3 months.. i do only weight 65 though and have the suspension sprung for my weight.

shit thats good clicks... especially for the trackdays!!!

VIDSEURO
15-12-2009, 07:42 PM
I would suggest you have a look at the Dunlop Roadsmart Sportmax.
I have just replaced my brdgestone rear on the CB1000r.
The dunlop cost me $316 fitted...
Best of luck and remember to scrub them in before you do any leaning in corners...

DLO01
15-12-2009, 08:30 PM
Michelin Pilot Road 2.

I use these on my VFR800 as its mainly used for commuting to and from work, with the occasional weekend twisties! Really good tyre. Dual compound, frim center and soft sides. These will last 15k kms + no problem at all.

http://www.cyclegear.com/images/tires/Pilot%20Road%202%20Rear_410x410.jpg