how low is the car of the ground with these

any rubbing??

thanx
:D :D

SiR JDM
21-11-2004, 08:57 PM
Check out my EG when i chucked king superlows in it

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12074

Im upgrading my suspension soon, so my springs are for sale.. 1 week old only!! (free plug ^_- ) pm me!
I see you have an EF civic, my front springs will fit that =] ;)

Rubbing? Yes... i experienced ALOT... gaurds needed to be rolled too (i dind't roll mine)

Btw, mine is the lowest ive ever seen superlows...
z3lda and DCLXVI both have superlows on their EG2/EG3 respectfully and didn't experience the height I had... =]
(http://member.php?u=1271)

z3lda
21-11-2004, 11:13 PM
wat suspension you upgrading to? im thinkn of changin aswell . the kings arent cutting it for me >.<

SiR JDM
22-11-2004, 12:13 AM
Coilovers.. let you know if and when they come :P

karbonphyber
22-11-2004, 09:33 AM
Check out my EG when i chucked king superlows in it

mate, that's low... that's the height when i bought my civic.

i've placed them up to Pedders Stock Height Springs already.
check out my pics.

i'm running 18s that's why.

i'm thinking of pushing my wheels out slightly, prolly 5mm on each side to flush it with the guards. whaddaya reckon??

pedders are stiffer than King Springs. that's why my choice, for a car that low, to have very little travel, it's dangerous if you have a low spring rate.

Alpine
22-11-2004, 09:42 AM
pedders are stiffer than King Springs. that's why my choice, for a car that low, to have very little travel, it's dangerous if you have a low spring rate.

???

I always thought Kings were stiffer than Pedders. I heard a while ago that Pedders were 10% stiffer than stock and Kings were 30% stiffer than stock. Someone correct me if I thought wrong??

While I am at it, I need some help with my car. I've got a '99 Civic Coupe, lowered with Pedders Sportsryder springs by just over 1 inch sitting on 17" rims with 205/40/R17 tyres. However...I am getting some rubbing in the front whenever I hit a dip at high speed. The rears seem OK. The car is still using stock shocks. Am I getting the rubbing because the springs are too soft or because of the stock shocks? If I change the shocks to new ones, will this stop the rubbing on high speed dips or do I need stiffer springs? The 17" rims also sit relatively flush with the guards, so maybe the offset isn't as far in as it should be. How can I fix this problem? Coz right now I pretty much have to cradle it around high speed corners with known bumps or dips to avoid rubbing and this really defeats the purpose!

karbonphyber
22-11-2004, 10:03 AM
i'm using sportsryders too alpine.
pedders themselves told me that they were 30% stiffer than stock. King is only a lower percentage.

when you get it rubbing in the front, it's more of the placement of wheel, i used to have the rubbing at the front, it was because it was LOW, really low, almost show-style. couldn't take on-camber turns at normal lines, had to take racelines.

are your guards rolled? that might solve 1 problem

maybe you should send your vehicle to have your geometry checked but i reckon it's fine since it's only 1 inch, mine was previously 2.5 on 18"s.... what a b**** hahaha

really stiff coilovers will be shitty to drive on sydney roads but brissy roads are beautiful, maybe you should do things progressively

1) check where the tyre is rubbing, mine used to be at the chassis where the engine mounts were, you can still see the scars. i polished it to regain some composure. hahaha it might be burning your plastic under the side panels, just grating it off, now and then.
2) you could either run stock height or really stiff springs from my pov.

i'm running on 18s and running stock height with stiff springs, nothing shaves now, except for cornering times. hahaha now that's shaved.

hope i helped

aimre
22-11-2004, 04:22 PM
hey
well i actually got Eg now... i had an EF
this is what i might want it to look like (cant decide on wheels)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v47/aimre/civic.jpg

aimre
23-11-2004, 09:43 PM
Can someone tell me what drop i would need to achive shuch a look??
thanx

karbonphyber
23-11-2004, 11:45 PM
count your millimetres and tell the bloke at the shop

nedgeworth
24-11-2004, 08:50 AM
this is mine on superlow's I'll have to get you a better side on pic.

But yeah my stock rims and tyres scrub at the front even after having the guards rolled. I know what the problem is and i'm going to attend to it once my new rims are on.

http://www.qldstreetcar.com/forum/uploads/post-2-11011175569.jpg

Alpine
24-11-2004, 10:15 AM
What is the problem?