PDA

View Full Version : Rice time...

vtc
21-11-2004, 11:26 PM
Ive got an automatic... Im going to buy an aftermarket one and want a shift boot to complete the look. FLAME AWAY..

but was just wondering how hard it to do this and can i just buy a normal shift boot to fit? Anyone know.

panda[cRx]
22-11-2004, 12:41 AM
...GET OUT!
leave, LEAVE NOW!
& CLOSE THE DOOR BEHIND YOU!!!!

Civic Type R
22-11-2004, 01:22 AM
wtf ... ?

a shiftboot for an auto.

vtc
22-11-2004, 01:24 AM
Well i could just get the gear knob and make it look abit funny with just a stick.,, by covering it up i would think it would give it a better look. Just a personal thing..

panda[cRx]
22-11-2004, 01:25 AM
didnt i say GET OUT!??!?!?!?!??!
:p

vtc
22-11-2004, 01:34 AM
Lucky for your, its not your problem. :)

panda[cRx]
22-11-2004, 01:43 AM
man its auto, unless u do transmission swap leave it

EK9
22-11-2004, 03:02 AM
woteva floats ur boat ey? hehe...

well maybe u can just remove the plastic piece around the shifter and see wot u can do :confused: the holes to mount the boot should be there, anything's possible

i got a spare oem standard black/greyish EK shift boot (prob 2-3 yrs old, good condition) so if u want it pm me.

A'PEXi
22-11-2004, 08:12 AM
its been done before and can be done, might want to shop around for that sort of stuff tho... hard to find as the market isnt big for them auto gearknobs/boots... could even stich one up yourself? :P

SPEEDCORE
22-11-2004, 09:16 AM
I'll try to be helpfull..................

How about getting an aluminum plate and getting it cut (nicely done) so as to look similar to the ferraris, lambosand other various cars nowdays like Mercs that have "Gated" gears.

I know the auto mercs sort of come with ones that don't just move up and down but down to the side, then down and to the side again. In your case it would be striaght up and down though :) but might spruce things up a bit if that is what you are looking for!

karbonphyber
22-11-2004, 09:28 AM
it would look pretty rad. lol do post some pictures up for us when you're done. lol this has gotta be gold mates. heheh

vtc
22-11-2004, 11:41 AM
Speedcore i know what your saying.. and they do sell kits like that in USA for the manual i think but very expensive.. was just going to go for a boot $20, and then a gear knob $20..

done...

However ive read that you cannot simply put a manual in as the boot is not big enough... and i cant really sew for crap but that is prob a good idea.

**Ghost**
22-11-2004, 12:04 PM
theres some at autobarn RIGHT now... basically it looks like a manual knob with a small, unobtrusive (basically hidden) button on top to activate the auto gear stick thingie... once u get that in... i dont see the prob with getting the leather boot?