PDA

View Full Version : Charlie @ Good Performance and the superchargers...

McChook
22-11-2004, 10:04 AM
Hey fellas

As some of you may know, Chop Shop Charlie has supercharged his B20 civic.

Does anyone know the brand of these kits?? Doing some research for a prospective buyer, I know how they operate, but not the brand or the manufacturer - they are an intercooler free system, but I dunno who makes them

Any details much appreciated

Cheers
Matt

hondar
22-11-2004, 10:08 AM
Hey fellas

As some of you may know, Chop Shop Charlie has supercharged his B20 civic.

Does anyone know the brand of these kits?? Doing some research for a prospective buyer, I know how they operate, but not the brand or the manufacturer - they are an intercooler free system, but I dunno who makes them

Any details much appreciated

Cheers
Matt

I think is Jackson racing. he has a few though...

McChook
22-11-2004, 10:16 AM
I think is Jackson racing. he has a few though...
I thought the Jackson kits had Intercoolers though...??
Jackson Racing don't actually make them, they outsource, and Charlie is buying from the real manufacturer......

hondar
22-11-2004, 10:28 AM
Jackson Racing don't actually make them, they outsource, and Charlie is buying from the real manufacturer......

to be honest i have not seen the charger myself when i go there.. yes i go to see my good friend charlie often but thats what he told me when i spoke to him.. he say he has jackson supercharger.. i dont muck around his stuffs since i am always in a hurry ...hhehehe

McChook
22-11-2004, 10:32 AM
to be honest i have not seen the charger myself when i go there.. yes i go to see my good friend charlie often but thats what he told me when i spoke to him.. he say he has jackson supercharger.. i dont muck around his stuffs since i am always in a hurry ...hhehehe
AH, no hassles. :thumbsup:
Anyways, I'll have keep looking...

BLKCRX
22-11-2004, 10:40 AM
When i was at Charlies Workshop he showed me a number of projects and at least 4 2nd hand supercargers sitting in his office... :-) they were all jackson racin superchargers, hope that helps

Regards James

McChook
22-11-2004, 10:50 AM
When i was at Charlies Workshop he showed me a number of projects and at least 4 2nd hand supercargers sitting in his office... :-) they were all jackson racin superchargers, hope that helps

Regards James

AHH HUH, I'm a guesing that's what they are then...

Sounds good anyways...

jimmeh
22-11-2004, 02:04 PM
by the way mcchook the b20 is sold. its a b18c2 that in his car now

McChook
22-11-2004, 02:10 PM
by the way mcchook the b20 is sold. its a b18c2 that in his car now
I stand corrected then.... I think someone told me that a while ago though.. and I forgot

crx_16x
22-11-2004, 08:20 PM
Jackson Racing use Eaton superchargers.

He would most likely be using a M62 or MP62. This is the same supercharger J/R use in their b18 kits.

Here is a link http://www.capa.com.au/eaton.htm

B.T.W. Jackson Kits don't use intercoolers but have capability for water injection you may be thinking of powerdyne or vortech superchargers.

James.

McChook
22-11-2004, 10:00 PM
Jackson Racing use Eaton superchargers.

He would most likely be using a M62 or MP62. This is the same supercharger J/R use in their b18 kits.

Here is a link http://www.capa.com.au/eaton.htm

B.T.W. Jackson Kits don't use intercoolers but have capability for water injection you may be thinking of powerdyne or vortech superchargers.

James.
Ahh, now we are talking..... thanks heaps for that

Yeah, I am not a SC expert at all, so everything is news to me at the moment - have a lot of reading to do before I go anywhere...

Boost
23-11-2004, 06:41 AM
Just wondering guys, Is Charlie the new owner of Good Performance or has he been there for ages now?. Because when i was there maybe 2-3 years ago I dont recall anyone named Charlie. Is Charlie asian ??

Perry
23-11-2004, 09:06 AM
Just wondering guys, Is Charlie the new owner of Good Performance or has he been there for ages now?. Because when i was there maybe 2-3 years ago I dont recall anyone named Charlie. Is Charlie asian ??

Charlie's always been there, Charlie is not the owner :D

Boost
24-11-2004, 11:16 AM
hmmm... is charlia asian? :D

Perry
24-11-2004, 11:29 AM
hmmm... is charlia asian? :D
yep hes asian

ginganggooly
08-12-2004, 09:21 AM
Just wondering guys, Is Charlie the new owner of Good Performance or has he been there for ages now?. Because when i was there maybe 2-3 years ago I dont recall anyone named Charlie. Is Charlie asian ??i mayke yor car veay faaaast. say bye bye type-r. ;)

bennjamin
08-12-2004, 09:26 AM
Charlie has been there for years ...ive saat thru 7 seperate engine conversions with him ( not MINE ofcourse :)) - well, i hung around as the annoying white lil kid as he put twin turbo's on astinas , b20's into EK's and b18c's into old crx's ( Anga's lil beast :))

Oh and btw he dosent make any sense what so ever.

McChook
08-12-2004, 10:51 AM
I now my dad have ever understood a word he has ever said.....

But that doesn;t make him any less of a champion

strafe
30-12-2004, 10:46 AM
Jackson Racing's Mazda MX-5 Kits have intercoolers, other kits that they manufacture do not.

As far as i know Jackson Racing don't outsource their manufacturing. Jackson Racing is part of a company called Moss Motors, a large company that manufactures a lot of reproduction parts for british cars. They would have the facilities to manufacture manifolds and superchargers (yes, JR buy the eaton rotor packs, and manufacture the superchargers themselves).

Some eaton kits place a water to air intercooler between the unit and manifold. Eg Alpine Development's Hyundai Kit.

OLM-02R
30-12-2004, 11:48 AM
Charlie use Jackson Racing Super Charger...on the accord with h22 and his EK b18c...

spetz
31-01-2005, 10:11 AM
heheheh... I been in his civic... wasn't tuned at the time.
When he told me I understood it was a 1.8 supercharged.
And if anyone has 12K to spend he will fit it to your car.

Anyway, maybe someone can shed some light on me, I got an engine conversion done there, and before I dropped my car in I was under the impression he would personally do the whole thing. However whenever I went there I would never see him do any work himself, he usually runs around doing lil things?
But he is a great guy in the end of the day. He even let me pay off $1500 because I didn't have it at the time. Mind you I talked to him over the phone then met him when I dropped my car in for the conversion and only saw him a handfull of times (I am from ACT so the drive was annoying)

pillow
31-01-2005, 04:06 PM
heheheh... I been in his civic... wasn't tuned at the time.
When he told me I understood it was a 1.8 supercharged.
And if anyone has 12K to spend he will fit it to your car.

Anyway, maybe someone can shed some light on me, I got an engine conversion done there, and before I dropped my car in I was under the impression he would personally do the whole thing. However whenever I went there I would never see him do any work himself, he usually runs around doing lil things?
But he is a great guy in the end of the day. He even let me pay off $1500 because I didn't have it at the time. Mind you I talked to him over the phone then met him when I dropped my car in for the conversion and only saw him a handfull of times (I am from ACT so the drive was annoying)

What conversion did you get done and in what car? I might have seen you around (I'm from ACT too)

91'lude
31-01-2005, 08:11 PM
I now my dad have ever understood a word he has ever said.....

But that doesn;t make him any less of a champion

Read what u just wrote matt :wave:

spetz
01-02-2005, 11:50 AM
Pillow-
I got a MIVEC in a lancer done
I see you got the 1.6 VTEC in an EG hatch
I driven a car Charlie gave me with that conversion, it went pretty good!
Who did your conversion?

pillow
01-02-2005, 02:32 PM
Spetz:

A bloke I met off this forum did my conversion. What colour is you Lancer? I'll have to keep an eye out for that mivec lol. You north or southside?

spetz
02-02-2005, 05:50 AM
Pillow-
I doubt you'll find me on the street... I just drive where I need to and that's it. We should catch up sometime. I am overseas now but coming back to Oz in 2 weeks. I used to live in Dickson area but once I am back I will see where I want to stay (I rent each year where I want).

Anyway, my lancer is green. It's nothing quick man so don't be worried about it. Actually after spending so much money I was extremely disappointed with it's performance. Everyone else thinks it's quick but they are people who don't know what a quick car is.

aka_NSX
02-02-2005, 07:37 AM
Charlie's always been there, Charlie is not the owner :D

as far as I know charlie is one of the owner there, and they are 3 ppl owning the shop, and he did my accord conversion with H22A a long2x time ago back in 94 and this is his experiment he told me and tooks him about 6 months to get it right at that time but I never complaint its only cost me $3500 for everythings engine and labour, also change from AT to MT, and now the accord one of his friend bought it, then that guy swap w/ H23A if I'm not mistaken with a blue engine cover and supercharged, its a green colour accord maybe one of you guys seen the accord there, and he own one of the integra maroon colour that charlie is doing the conversion now, last week when I was there its just about to finish, anyway he is really good now :thumbsup: especially his brother Doug

cheers
laski

Perry
02-02-2005, 10:28 AM
oh ic I've known him for ages and never ask them these things, heheheh all i know dat and the other guy is 1 of the owners and dat does servcing and charlie does the modifications =)

spetz
02-02-2005, 10:18 PM
aka NSX
I seen that accord there when my car was getting done ;)

Anyway I have never actually seen Charlie do any work there? I've only seen him run around tell people what to do and just do little things.

Perry
02-02-2005, 10:36 PM
hehheh yeah u just got to get him in a day when's hes seriously doing work when he gets serious he means business =)

aka_NSX
02-02-2005, 10:46 PM
yeah, he must be make plenty of money now . . .thats why he doesnt work as hard as before he just ask his staff what to do, means he is the BOSS now

Perry
06-02-2005, 08:05 PM
thats true, but he still works hard especially on the weekends =)

FR33K
06-02-2005, 10:50 PM
hes always too busy for me :(
went in december he told me come back after new year
went again mid jan and he told me come back in 2 months

i think hes tryin to tell me something lol

Perry
07-02-2005, 10:07 PM
hes always too busy for me :(
went in december he told me come back after new year
went again mid jan and he told me come back in 2 months

i think hes tryin to tell me something lol

you serious he always says that to me but i go there anyway like a week lata hehehe wat did u wanted him to do ????

spetz
08-02-2005, 05:15 AM
I had to wait 4 months before my car could go in (even more I think)

You gotta talk to him and set specific dates!

2MPRSS
05-03-2005, 03:44 PM
isnt charlies b18c JDM?

McChook
05-03-2005, 05:45 PM
isnt charlies b18c JDM?
Yes, with a blower

Perry
06-03-2005, 02:19 AM
u sure about it?

McChook
06-03-2005, 02:27 AM
u sure about it?
Last time I saw it is was

Perry
07-03-2005, 05:14 PM
ummm ok i saw it like 2 weeks ago it didnt have a JDM motor =(

McChook
07-03-2005, 06:42 PM
ummm ok i saw it like 2 weeks ago it didnt have a JDM motor =(
Like it matters - they all look the same anyway...