PDA

View Full Version : wants to spray foglight cover for ekcivic99 help pls

tps09
07-11-2009, 06:31 PM
hey i bought my foglights from the us online, and its in the standard colour from factory, i would like to spray it greyish silver to suit my ek civic 99'

but i dnt know what the colour is any 1 help me out?

and what sorta materials do i need, where i can get

would i need to sand down before spray?

would it need priming?

would it need clear coatting?

cheers guys

kcokla
07-11-2009, 07:07 PM
take teh lights out of the housing, make sure the surface is clean and it probably doesnt have a clear coat already - hit it with some primer (3 thin coats) then the paint, you can get teh paint color you need mixed up at your local paint shop or auto one etc. then spray it with 2-3 thin coats,

read up on spraying rims and spray tehm in the same style, misty, light thin coat and itll eventaully get covered up completely.

you COULD sand it down with some very fine sand paper (wet) and make it a little smoother (if its not) but this part is optional.
if you do, hit it with more paint(grey in your case) and continue this round robin process until your happy with the result.
then, hit it with some clear coat! again 2-3 thin coats

and your done!

tps09
07-11-2009, 07:12 PM
take teh lights out of the housing, make sure the surface is clean and it probably doesnt have a clear coat already - hit it with some primer (3 thin coats) then the paint, you can get teh paint color you need mixed up at your local paint shop or auto one etc. then spray it with 2-3 thin coats,

read up on spraying rims and spray tehm in the same style, misty, light thin coat and itll eventaully get covered up completely.

you COULD sand it down with some very fine sand paper (wet) and make it a little smoother (if its not) but this part is optional.
if you do, hit it with more paint(grey in your case) and continue this round robin process until your happy with the result.
then, hit it with some clear coat! again 2-3 thin coats

and your done!

thanks buddy! rep +