PDA

View Full Version : digits on my vafc explanation

japcollector
07-11-2009, 07:53 PM
Can some one explain to me what these digits on my vafc means i forgot to ask the people that tune it??

Wide
Lvt
+9

I have a bit understanding of the 4900rpm, but what on earth is +9?
And is it suppose to be +9 because I think I might of somewhat adjust it by accident when putting on my vafc holder?

I've attach a picture incase you guys have no idea what I'm talkin bout

Lol rep points on the line :p

fatcivic0_0
09-11-2009, 10:27 AM
This may help :) http://www.nengun.com/apexi/v-afc-ii

cymax
09-11-2009, 02:56 PM
+9 should be the corrected offset

japcollector
09-11-2009, 02:59 PM
+9 should be the corrected offset

Sorry for asking but corrected offset for what?

and how do i know if someone hasn't tampered with it since the tune?

cymax
09-11-2009, 03:18 PM
This is basically the air correction point.
Wide = Wide Throttle Mode
Lvt = Low Cam
4900 = Corrected RPM
9 = 9% Correction Factor

You must always bear in mind that VAFC is just a piggy back device that only controls your vtec engagement and disengagement point and your air/fuel ratio.

I don't think you'll be able to know if someone had tampered the settings before the tune. If and only if you are the tunner. <-- Unfortunately if you accidentally tampered it.

Your best bet is to reset the vafc to default and bring it for tuning again. However, I reckon that it's a waste of money and time. VAFC doesn't help much in gaining much performance.

japcollector
09-11-2009, 03:21 PM
This is basically the air correction point.
Wide = Wide Throttle Mode
Lvt = Low Cam
4900 = Corrected RPM
9 = 9% Correction Factor

You must always bear in mind that VAFC is just a piggy back device that only controls your vtec engagement and disengagement point and your air/fuel ratio.

I don't think you'll be able to know if someone had tampered the settings before the tune. If and only if you are the tunner. <-- Unfortunately if you accidentally tampered it.

Your best bet is to reset the vafc to default and bring it for tuning again. However, I reckon that it's a waste of money and time. VAFC doesn't help much in gaining much performance.

Thanks dude rep up