PDA

View Full Version : New toy arrived-1000rr

totojojo
07-11-2009, 10:46 PM
picked up my new baby today from 80kms away, but for a really good price.
2008model, only 1060km on it. just love this colour, looks like baby bumble bee.
here are some photos taken by my mates on the way back

http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee1/tottimao/IMG_4696.jpg
http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee1/tottimao/IMG_4697.jpg
http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee1/tottimao/IMG_4731.jpg
http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee1/tottimao/IMG_4737.jpg
http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee1/tottimao/IMG_4741.jpg
http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee1/tottimao/IMG_4760.jpg

crx51
08-11-2009, 12:51 AM
They're a beautiful bike the new blade. That's what i'd buy next if i had a disinterested wife... It seems my wife likes to come riding so i'll be buying a zx14. Unless honda come out with a replacement for the blackbird before then... Anyway enough about me. Congrats on the bike. Ride safe. :)

warwick108
08-11-2009, 12:58 AM
thats one sexy thing..=)

bennjamin
08-11-2009, 08:05 AM
Hot. Look very nice in a darker colour scheme too. Doesn't appear to be a very large bike , perfect for my small frame once I pass the fulls :)

Zilli
08-11-2009, 09:06 AM
gorgeus mate, just gorgeus.... personally i like the maroon/wine colour with the silver...

Seems like Honda is going for the more mature subdued rider with the design of their sportbikes... i really like it...

Hey whats the DN01 like???

The more i think about it the more im starting to think i should trade the VT in for one of these...

totojojo
08-11-2009, 01:56 PM
gorgeus mate, just gorgeus.... personally i like the maroon/wine colour with the silver...

Seems like Honda is going for the more mature subdued rider with the design of their sportbikes... i really like it...

Hey whats the DN01 like???

The more i think about it the more im starting to think i should trade the VT in for one of these...

haha mate the DN01 is just one great bike. the auto tran is just so smooth. great for traffic to traffic and also doing well on open roads or even twisties. as long as you like the future look, get one! the rrp is around 19k for the DN01 but some dealer are selling for around 12k brand new just becoz no one here in australia is buying it.

totojojo
08-11-2009, 01:58 PM
Hot. Look very nice in a darker colour scheme too. Doesn't appear to be a very large bike , perfect for my small frame once I pass the fulls :)

yeh mate you are right. the size is just perfect. i personally always like the 600s becoz of there size and shorter wheelbase. the new blade is just one litre bike with a 600 body. beautiful thing to ride, handles perfect

warwick108
08-11-2009, 02:37 PM
ive always been a big fan of the repsol colors.. =S..but this one is just damn gorgious

totojojo
08-11-2009, 03:03 PM
ive always been a big fan of the repsol colors.. =S..but this one is just damn gorgious

you are right, repsol is beautiful. ive always wanted a 09 pearl white with repsol orange wheels. lol. so jdm

10KRPM
08-11-2009, 03:17 PM
Looks great.

you will have to do a full update after you have had it for a fortnight or so. I was seriously thinking of getting one of these as my next bike but am torn between this or a big cruiser.

hisoka
08-11-2009, 03:35 PM
looks awsome mate, looks like a nice size too. how tall are you may i ask

btw iam loving your helmet and i also love repsol model.

totojojo
08-11-2009, 04:42 PM
looks awsome mate, looks like a nice size too. how tall are you may i ask

btw iam loving your helmet and i also love repsol model.

im 5'11
helmet is rossi 06 model, i used to ride yamahas

totojojo
08-11-2009, 04:45 PM
Looks great.

you will have to do a full update after you have had it for a fortnight or so. I was seriously thinking of getting one of these as my next bike but am torn between this or a big cruiser.

yeh sure, i will give it a detail clean on monday in my workshop and then take some good pics of it. will update here definitely
if you are deciding btween this and a cruiser, you have to figure out which kind of bike you want the most. they are different styles and riding experience is different. i was in the same situation choosing between the blade and the HD nightster, then finally left the harley and went for the honda.

Twincam16
08-11-2009, 05:01 PM
Nice stuff Tojo! Awesome colors, yellow sets it off well...

Would be cool if you could adapt the ABS brakes/unit/ecu of the 09 model to the 08 model

totojojo
08-11-2009, 05:04 PM
Nice stuff Tojo! Awesome colors, yellow sets it off well...

Would be cool if you could adapt the ABS brakes/unit/ecu of the 09 model to the 08 model

yes ABS is great for traffic riding. but considering the good price that i payed for this yellow one, all i know is my 08 is lighter and lighter than a 09. haha

Twincam16
08-11-2009, 05:19 PM
yes ABS is great for traffic riding. but considering the good price that i payed for this yellow one, all i know is my 08 is lighter and lighter than a 09. haha

Yeah I think ABS unit is around +5kg

bennjamin
08-11-2009, 05:26 PM
looking at it more , its like a new age version of the old cbr 250RR.

cymax
08-11-2009, 05:40 PM
Man, your Rossi helmet is HOT! goes well with your bike

totojojo
08-11-2009, 05:43 PM
Man, your Rossi helmet is HOT! goes well with your bike

thanks mate

10KRPM
08-11-2009, 08:47 PM
yeh sure, i will give it a detail clean on monday in my workshop and then take some good pics of it. will update here definitely
if you are deciding btween this and a cruiser, you have to figure out which kind of bike you want the most. they are different styles and riding experience is different. i was in the same situation choosing between the blade and the HD nightster, then finally left the harley and went for the honda.

Yeah some days im torn between having a rocket to ride on or just having a lazy cruiser with heaps of torque.

I ride my bike everyday so it does get tiring being on the wrists so much with a sports bike. The VFR i have now is not so bad since its a sports tourer but your still leaning over most of the time. Very handy though when you need to get somewhere in a hurry.

totojojo
08-11-2009, 09:18 PM
Yeah some days im torn between having a rocket to ride on or just having a lazy cruiser with heaps of torque.

I ride my bike everyday so it does get tiring being on the wrists so much with a sports bike. The VFR i have now is not so bad since its a sports tourer but your still leaning over most of the time. Very handy though when you need to get somewhere in a hurry.

the DN01 is a good choice for relaxed riding lol

Lepperfish
09-11-2009, 02:33 AM
Nice bike and all, but I hate the new headlights and exhaust!!!!! Safe riding dude :)

totojojo
09-11-2009, 01:40 PM
thx guys. just did the exhaust flapper mod today, disabled the servo cable and now the flapper is always open. sounds 100 tims better and it is FREE. how good is that

anzai
09-11-2009, 08:07 PM
http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee1/tottimao/IMG_4760.jpg

looks like the bees from bee movie LOL

VIDSEURO
09-11-2009, 08:54 PM
Hey Toto

Mate your blade looks the biz, could you do a write up sometime
about your views of the bike on the road ie handling power etc..
Doesnt have to be long just to give us an idea of how this machine rides..

All the best and safe riding and enjoy your blade :thumbsup: :cool:
Skid Lid is impressive ...

Heres my ride

totojojo
10-11-2009, 01:17 AM
Hey Toto

Mate your blade looks the biz, could you do a write up sometime
about your views of the bike on the road ie handling power etc..
Doesnt have to be long just to give us an idea of how this machine rides..

All the best and safe riding and enjoy your blade :thumbsup: :cool:
Skid Lid is impressive ...

Heres my ride

mate you got a nice naked version there.
talking about my views, i dont think my english is good enough to write one. but let me try my best here.
handling: i personally only have ridden a 2002 r1, 06 and 08 r6 as sports bikes, never tried the naked version of any of it. talking about handling, the cbr1000rr really stands out. i have to say honda now make really good bikes with good charastics. it is just simple to throw in corners. i used to be a yamaha guy but now, i vote for hondas. it gives me so much confidence in cornering. the body is rigid enough.
power: SMOOTH. thats the word i would use. from low end to the very top, the power delivery is just smooooooth. at around 6k, you can feel a punch, and louder sound. but in each gear, there are more than enough torque for you to use. i just did the exhaust flapper mod, now it has more pep at low range. great power out of that engine, amazing dyno proof everywhere on the internet.
other than power and handling, this bike is a beauty with the design and every piece of detail. and sounds awesome, more like something between a inline4 and a v-twin.

rayb3na_
10-11-2009, 11:50 AM
they are beautiful.. only thing is no undertail exhaust like the previous models =[

totojojo
10-11-2009, 05:34 PM
they are beautiful.. only thing is no undertail exhaust like the previous models =[

i like it! under seat exhaust = burning butt