PDA

View Full Version : DIY Respraying your car..

Giraffe
09-11-2009, 08:23 PM
is there a article or someone can do a article on how to respray a integra full .

like how to remove parts, remove engine, remove wires and respray, prime, fill, mix etc.

also the parts involvled / needed.

xclusive_eg8
09-11-2009, 08:50 PM
just did a section on my eg8 this weekend, used acrylic from a spray can lol turned out good though...

umm i saw an article on here of a guy painting his ek in satin black, id look it up bro

Giraffe
10-11-2009, 07:47 PM
can anyone link me to the article, i can't find it :(

grifty
11-11-2009, 12:45 AM
i think its best that you create a thread and ask for help on the stuff that you get stuck on

tiksie
11-11-2009, 07:57 AM
That's a big ask Giraffe, it will be a big ass DIY to write up if it includes how to remove stuff off.

dreamshifter
11-11-2009, 01:39 PM
Good advice here:
http://autofix.com.au/blog/archives/497

MWAKU
11-11-2009, 08:52 PM
well, if you don;t know how to do that kind of stuff yourself,f like removing car parts, better leave it to the professional.

if u dun know how to remove exterior parts of the integra, r u sure u will be confident getting the whole engine out and removing all the wires and stuff like that.

as tiksie said, it a big ask, and try googling aswell, ozhonda isn't the only source, spraying a honda isn't too much different to spraying a holden.

just my 2 cents, if ur a noob and don't know how to remove parts off you're car, leave it to the professionals, thats why they are there. not everything has to be DIY. especially if u haven't done any courses in tafe and stuff like that for automotive painting etc., its not an easy job and painting a car with a good finish requires experience,

just thought i'd add, my mates dad is a mechanic, and his never sprayed a car before, and his first job was my mates car and it turned out pretty good for a first time, sprayed the car atomic green, (the new holden cars color) so yeah. he went out and got a book on spray painting, which was about like, 5cm thick, so yeah. He did shitloads of researching and reading. respraying youre car that will last long and have a good finish requires more then just a simple DIY on the internet.

Giraffe
11-11-2009, 09:45 PM
yeah , i know how to remove all the panels, interior, exterior etc.

i know its a big ask and a bigger diy, just maybe i could get pieces togheter from diffrence sources .
like what products to use etc.

but im not too sure on wiring up everything back togheter, if you catch my drift.

tiksie: removing parts and stuff, i already know how to do that.
mwaku: how was the car still holding up ? have you seen it in person, what was it like ?

MWAKU
11-11-2009, 09:56 PM
it looks professional, except the bonnet, he needs to re-do that. just a few parts were it looks like over spray, as its in between the panels but yeah, the paint itself is really good

cymax
11-11-2009, 10:09 PM
Research is the keyword before you do anything stupid. If not, leave it to the professional like what MWAKU said. Start your research from Downloading Manual of your car -> Removing interior --> Removing Exterior --> Wirings --> Engine --> Respray

It's a long process mate. It's not an overnight knowledge. Roam around more forums for knowledge. I'm still contemplating on whether to sell my car and get hold on one straight body EG and start my own swap.