PDA

View Full Version : 97 coupe rear camber

vteccoupe
22-11-2004, 02:35 PM
hi guys..after i lowered my civic coupe with kings regular sports, the rear is sitting like this / \ ....is this normal?wld there be any drawbacks?i heard with this camber at the rear, it wld significantly improve handling thru corners but causes unever wear and tear?? :(

Alpine
22-11-2004, 02:42 PM
I also got mine lowered and ended up with the / \ rear tyre angle. I suspect they do this so to avoid rubbing with the rear wheel arch, which is considerably lower than the front arches. Unfortunately, this would wear out your rears quicker. The only way to minimise the effects of this, if you want to keep those lowered springs, would be to rotate your tyres frequently!

vteccoupe
22-11-2004, 02:56 PM
I also got mine lowered and ended up with the / \ rear tyre angle. I suspect they do this so to avoid rubbing with the rear wheel arch, which is considerably lower than the front arches. Unfortunately, this would wear out your rears quicker. The only way to minimise the effects of this, if you want to keep those lowered springs, would be to rotate your tyres frequently!

hmm...wonder wat if i went for the super lows....the angle wld b very weird i suppose :D

HRV-80Y
22-11-2004, 03:23 PM
haha neg camber on d back looks hektik ! for the tyres just buy shitty ones nankang =p

wonder wat my car would look like wit neg camber on all 4 wheels ! = p

2k1cvc
22-11-2004, 03:32 PM
I have negative camber on the back of my car aswell, its about 30% of centre, hate what it does, but love what it looks like :)
You can purchase things call camber kits. KMAC in sydney have them for your ride or heaps of after market places. Just ask around.

SCRAPN
22-11-2004, 05:23 PM
kmac are shit dont go there , many bad storys... just buy sum skunk2 camber adjusters my friend has them on his coupe eliminates a bit of negative camber but not all... plus negative cant be helped if you want to lower your car

karbonphyber
22-11-2004, 07:38 PM
hi guys..after i lowered my civic coupe with kings regular sports, the rear is sitting like this / \ ....is this normal?wld there be any drawbacks?i heard with this camber at the rear, it wld significantly improve handling thru corners but causes unever wear and tear?? :(

it's negative camber because of suspension geometry. you'll understand better if you draw it out or think about it.
there is a way to correct this cheaply. just put washers.
cheers

sheepo
22-11-2004, 08:16 PM
well like most peeps say and what u said.. it does wonders for cornerings... but ur ttres will be worn out a lot quicker... so... well i got this info form forum here adn other forums which tremendously argues bout it.. Toe vs Chamer bits... but both seems to work... basically get the alighment done... a lil negative is fine aslong it does -3.0 (thats what i heard anyway) but never get it to 0 (i can't relaly remember why not... it got something to do about affecting the handling in corners and tyre wear too even though its lay complete flat on the ground) but anwyay in short.. get chamber kits and
do some alignment to your ride... or just align your toe? i dun know much bout toe... but if you want to read more bout the toe bit feel fre eto check it out form this forum... i think its full of useful info http://www.clubcivic.com/board/showthread.php?t=41889

also within the thread it also got additional info provided from another forum (that is very long but a good one) via a link given.. so... yeah... and i heard washer can do the trick too but err.. some1 please enlighten me bout washer trick thing!! (p/s i'm still a noob so i'm still learning some info i've given could be wrong but well.. yeah.... so if it is some1 better correct me ASAP or i'll stay wrong forever)

Civic Si
22-11-2004, 08:43 PM
At da time that I had to change my shocks cause I bought da car wit lowered springs, my car had to get a front and rear wheel alignment.

The front wheel alignment was not a problem, I just bought a Whiteline front Camber/Caster kit and got that fitted. :)

:( It's da rear that caused da most difficult to fix. I had to drive my car wit un-aligned camber for 3 weeks, which wasn't da best thing. I had to get longer bolts so that I could get enough shims(washers) to re-align da rear. Problem was that I couldn't get da exact bolt that would suit, which wasn't easy. I rang and went to so many places to see if they had wat I needed! Help came along when a mechanic at work had some bolts from his Mazda Cappella that suited perfectly! :)

I went to the workshop that got all da alignment done for me after visiting it many times to test if da bolts suited, but some didn't so I had to get da mechanic to see if he could find some more of the bolts that would suit. After all the bolts fitted up then it was finally done after 3 weeks!

The reason that I didn't get a rear kit was that the rear kits that were not worth the money when all i had to do was get 6 bolts and shims for free cause I knew da guys at da workshop.

I hope my story helps in some way... :D

karbonphyber
22-11-2004, 09:49 PM
sure it did help =o) it has materialised our points. hehehe

sheepo
22-11-2004, 10:11 PM
still.. what are "washers" ???

karbonphyber
23-11-2004, 11:07 AM
it looks like flattened donuts.
go step on a donut if u can't visualise it. =o)

btw, it's made of metal, not dough.

karbonphyber
23-11-2004, 11:08 AM
haha neg camber on d back looks hektik ! for the tyres just buy shitty ones nankang =p

wonder wat my car would look like wit neg camber on all 4 wheels ! = p

had a mate who did -10 on all four. blinkin idiot.
looked like a frikkin spaceship. then again... cornering was incredibly horrid. HAHA went thru the turn so fast. hahaha i just laughed my a55 off. he had it set back as quick as he set it up. lol never to be done again

karbonphyber
23-11-2004, 11:09 AM
At da time that I had to change my shocks cause I bought da car wit lowered springs, my car had to get a front and rear wheel alignment.

i feel like changing my eg4 to a proper eg6.... anyone wants to buy my decked up eg4 for an eg6?? *gRinz*