PDA

View Full Version : Complete T3/T4 turbo kit for less than a grand? Too good to be true?

fabian0
10-11-2009, 02:50 PM
I came across this brand new turbo kit for Bseries that's going for about $700.

It's got everything? Should i buy it? Think it's gonna be reliable?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Acura-Integra-Honda-Civic-B-Series-Bolt-On-Turbo-Kit_W0QQitemZ110452276413QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors _Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item19b777fcbd

PS: Mods, i'm not advertising, i just wanna get opinions on this kit.

Limbo
10-11-2009, 03:54 PM
its a nasty kit, id stay away.

All cheap made in China parts (hey i'm chinese i know)

beeza
10-11-2009, 09:36 PM
(hey i'm chinese i know)

R U really Limbo,I always pitchured you as Aussie....well,there ya go aye! :p

Limbo
11-11-2009, 09:09 AM
Yeah i grew up in AU been here all my life and haven't left the country yet, so there's no accent etc... but yeah i'm actually chinese -_-

beeza
12-11-2009, 01:16 PM
Ah,that's why,Aussie inside,chinese outside :)

EK1.6LCIV
13-11-2009, 02:31 PM
I only have one friend who's installed an ebay kit on their ek1 sedan and it actually does work well and makes nice power and hasn't missed a beat since install some 3yrs ago

but in saying that, he's a mechanically minded bloke who does all of his own work

Limbo
13-11-2009, 02:40 PM
just to point out something...
I am not against ebay, there are some good kits, but you need to check out what your buying and know what it is you are getting.

ebay can be cheap if you know what your looking for. ebay can also be a scam for crappy products that can't sell

EK1.6LCIV
13-11-2009, 03:23 PM
examples of what to look out for?

Limbo
13-11-2009, 04:55 PM
Beware
- cheap manifolds that are thin stainless steel, these crack or break
- cheap no-brand turbos, look for a branded unit i.e garrett,greddy, turbonetics
- look out for cheap BOV & waste gates, these can malfuntion and cause engine damage.
- the piping is usually fine

quangsuke
29-11-2009, 08:32 PM
i was thinking of getting the same kit. although i would only use the clamps, hoses, piping, FMIC and oil feed lines. i would get branded turbo, manifold, injects and fuel pump. but thats being uber safe. =D

Photonic_Si
30-11-2009, 11:29 AM
I have a friend who installed SSAuto turbo kit some years ago and managed to pump out an astonishing 186 kw atw from the t3/t4 on a built D16Y4. it was a cheap chinese kit and had a crappy stainless manifold but it has never cracked and the turbo has never died.

He just warms it up and cools it down properly every time, follows oil service schedules and its running fine and has been for 3 or so years. so i guess its hit and miss with the chinese stuff. Its interesting to note that even though some chinese stuff is stil shit, some parts are actually using the same production methods and materials that some big name japanese parts have been. Just choose carefully.

beeza
30-11-2009, 11:42 AM
That`s big! This (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky7UxepxTXg) fella is pumping out 260 or so kw`s!! on his y4.

He`s on here,somewhere lol,he`s up the top of QLD I think.

Limbo
30-11-2009, 12:16 PM
It is true what you say, but most ebay crap is from leftover stock.

Also you will find that china makes most of the goods for large companies & then then makes copies of it to sell. Sometimes they get the materials ok, other times they go really cheap and it just fails.

Warranty is another prob also.

Just rem that the time taken to install & tune cost $$$.
If it fails and u need another tune & labour then that's more $$$ spent

I have a friend who installed SSAuto turbo kit some years ago and managed to pump out an astonishing 186 kw atw from the t3/t4 on a built D16Y4. it was a cheap chinese kit and had a crappy stainless manifold but it has never cracked and the turbo has never died.

He just warms it up and cools it down properly every time, follows oil service schedules and its running fine and has been for 3 or so years. so i guess its hit and miss with the chinese stuff. Its interesting to note that even though some chinese stuff is stil shit, some parts are actually using the same production methods and materials that some big name japanese parts have been. Just choose carefully.

beeza
30-11-2009, 12:26 PM
Hit and miss!

Couper_Trooper
02-02-2010, 03:33 PM
if u have someone around u who is mechanically minded u I'd say go for gold..

my cars been powered by eBay for the past 2years.. manifold cracked after 1 & 1/2 years apart from that I've had little trouble.. in saying that u should be weary about probs dat could arise if u plan on boosting..

impulse buying ftw!

OMG.JAI xD
02-02-2010, 05:34 PM
Ebay kits are sufficient for what ever the given wastegate spring produces.
It aint a turbo setup that you can push 20 psi with reliability.
Anything between 5-10psi is the bare maximum.

Warranty is bull. Anything sold on ebay legally does not bind any sales contract besides ebay's. And that is. Is you purchased something. You are to pay and the seller is to provide the goods. Full stop.
Any gurantee of a warranty is nothing. Its only to attract buyers. Legally they dont need to back their products.

lookingforboost
03-02-2010, 01:19 PM
its all well and good to gamble but i would rather gamble with less then $700+ dollars if it breaks.

i would stay away as i have seen the result of a cheap manifold falling to peices!

civic_jet
12-02-2010, 04:26 PM
would this fit a 94 eg civic with a b16a motor?

civic_jet
17-02-2010, 03:09 AM
anyone remember wat the name of the shop was called selling em? or where i can get one??

lookingforboost
17-02-2010, 08:10 AM
ebay man..... cheap nasty and will most definalty fail on you ;)