PDA

View Full Version : front lip mounting instructions

s4029768
10-11-2009, 05:34 PM
does any one have the official mounting instruction for a OEM front lip for 2004 Euro??

rayd
13-11-2009, 08:58 AM
i'd also love to have these aswell (and the back aswell if possible), going to be putting mine in very soon.

dtngo
13-11-2009, 12:38 PM
:thumbsup:

NOTE:

Take care not to scratch the front bumper.

Put on gloves to protect your hands.

1. Remove the screws (A) from the rear edge of the front air spoiler (B).

2. Remove the bolt (C) from under the front air spoiler.

http://i37.tinypic.com/lzghw.jpg

3. Pull the front air spoiler back along the edge of it near the double-sided adhesive tapes (D) and spacers (E) to release them from the front bumper (F), then remove the spoiler. If the spoiler is to be reinstalled, do not damage the spacers during removal.

4. Install the spoiler in the reverse order of removal, and note these items:

Before installing the spoiler, fold the edge of the adhesive backing from the double-sided adhesive tape. After installing the spoiler, carefully pull the adhesive backing away, and push the spoiler into place securely.

If the spoiler is to be reinstalled, replace the double-sided adhesive tapes as new ones:

a. Remove the spacers from the spoiler. Take care not to damage them during removal.

b. Scrape off the remaining double-sided adhesive tape from the spoiler, and bumper.

c. Clean the spoiler, spacers, and bumper surfaces with a sponge dampened in alcohol where adhesive tape will be applied.

d. Apply primer (3M N-200, or equivalent) to the spacer where adhesive tape will be applied.

e. Glue the double-sided adhesive tapes (D) (3M GT7120, or equivalent) to the spoiler, and the double-sided adhesive tapes (G) (3M GT7108, or equivalent) on each side of the spacers.

f. Glue the spacers on the back surface of the front fog light openings.

dtngo
13-11-2009, 12:46 PM
:thumbsup:

NOTE:

Take care not to scratch the rear bumper.

Put on gloves to protect your hands.

1. Remove the rear bumper.

2. Remove the screws (A) from the front edge of the rear air spoiler (B).

http://i36.tinypic.com/29pw8pj.jpg

3. Release the clips (C) from under the rear air spoiler (D).

4. Remove the bolts (E) and nuts (F) from the inside of the rear bumper (G).

5. Pull the rear air spoiler back along the edge of it near the double-sided adhesive tape (H, I) to release them from the rear bumper, then remove the spoiler.

6. Install the spoiler reverse order of removal, and note these items:

- If the spoiler is to be installed, scrape off the remaining double-faced adhesive tape from the spoiler and bumper, then clean the spoiler and bumper surface with a sponge dampened in alcohol where adhesive tape will be applied. Glue both corner double-sided adhesive tapes (H) (3M GT7120, or equivalent) and both side double-sided adhesive tapes (I) (3M GT7125, or equivalent) to the spoiler.

- Before installing the spoiler, fold the edge of the adhesive backing from the double-sided adhesive tape. After installing the spoiler, carefully pull the adhesive backing away, and push the spoiler into place securely.