PDA

View Full Version : Do I need an aftermarket Thermostat and Fanswitch?

Jibz
11-11-2009, 03:22 PM
Hi guys.

Can anyone explain to me the advantage of getting a aftermarket fanswitch and thermostat?

I understand they open at a lower temperature than stock to start cooling earlier, but if I'm on the track, won't I be at a higher temperature already and the system would be doing its job anyway?

I plan to track next year and I've got stronger radiator hosing coming in, as well as a high pressure radiator cap which should get the temp up in the radiator alot more.

Currently don't experience any heat related issues during normal driving, or on spirited driving.

Thanks

riruiz_88
11-11-2009, 07:09 PM
in my opinion, the aftermarket fan switch is a waste on the street. they would be perfect for a constant track car. aftermarket fan switches, turn the radiator fan on at a lower temperature than standard. your engine runs better when its at it peak temperature. running a cooler engine isnt always best.

i think you should just flush out the coolant system and you should be fine. the EP3 has been designed to its peak already, with track days in mind. so you have essentially whats best for your car already.

Jibz
11-11-2009, 07:26 PM
Thanks, this was along the lines of what I was thinking, was just making sure since alot of people like to do this before tracking yet it didn't REALLY make sense to me.

riruiz_88
11-11-2009, 07:36 PM
if you really want, buy it and use it for the track then replace to standard when you drive on the streets.