PDA

View Full Version : Removing Bird Shit Stains?

Mr EG
11-11-2009, 08:49 PM
How can I remove them? I washed my car seems like it stuck on? LOL

How can this happen? O_O

vodkashot
11-11-2009, 08:52 PM
Where is it located on the vehicle?

EK1_D
11-11-2009, 09:00 PM
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20060809192657AA7z6mu

waix
11-11-2009, 09:04 PM
bat shit is the best

wAYzoR
11-11-2009, 09:05 PM
I get this and batt crap all the time on my cars. I found the easy way of doing it is having 2 sponges to wash the car. I throw 1 sponge into the bucket of soap, and then sit the sponge on top of the bird crap to soften it up, 5 mins later when your finish doing that side of the car its soft enough to wipe off :D give it a try..

mrwillz
11-11-2009, 09:07 PM
if it marrs the paint

use some scratch x on it, as it has cleaning agents in it. (thanks aaronng)

i've tried and tested , works wonders !

Raztaz
11-11-2009, 09:33 PM
scratch X, or maybe go at it with claybar

mrwillz
11-11-2009, 09:52 PM
scratch X, or maybe go at it with claybar

claybar doesn't work

tried already

scratch x raymond

thegame-01
11-11-2009, 10:32 PM
If the bird shit has been on the car for a week or so it mite have eaten throw the clear coat
but if its only been on for a day or so it should just wash off

is it rough when you feel it? or smooth

it its eaten trough the clean therefor cannot be fixed unless you re clear it

hope that helps :wave:

night_wolf
12-11-2009, 03:20 AM
try spraying a bit of meguairs quick detailer on it and let it soak. repeat the process 2 to 3 times and clay it. should come off without much hassel. scratch x wont really do much. the clay bar method i mentioned is proven and it works.

aaronng
12-11-2009, 06:35 AM
try spraying a bit of meguairs quick detailer on it and let it soak. repeat the process 2 to 3 times and clay it. should come off without much hassel. scratch x wont really do much. the clay bar method i mentioned is proven and it works.

Claybar works if there is bird shit that is still stuck on the paint. If he has already removed all the bird shit and there is etching on the clearcoat from the shit being left on for too long, then an abrasive product can help level it out and make it less obvious. If it was left on for too long and it has gone down all the way to the colour layer, then there is not much to do other than respray.

WATAJK
12-11-2009, 03:25 PM
Claybar works if there is bird shit that is still stuck on the paint. If he has already removed all the bird shit and there is etching on the clearcoat from the shit being left on for too long, then an abrasive product can help level it out and make it less obvious. If it was left on for too long and it has gone down all the way to the colour layer, then there is not much to do other than respray.

Curiously wouldnt a cut n polish remove it or basically just leave a small fraction of it left?

shavEG
12-11-2009, 03:28 PM
unless you wash it off right away - its fkd!

aaronng
12-11-2009, 05:22 PM
Curiously wouldnt a cut n polish remove it or basically just leave a small fraction of it left?

If the etching is minor and only on the surface, the swirl remover will help minimise it. If you have left it on for too long and it has eaten through the clear coat, then nothing will help. You can't make something that is no longer there shiny again.

WATAJK
12-11-2009, 05:24 PM
If the etching is minor and only on the surface, the swirl remover will help minimise it. If you have left it on for too long and it has eaten through the clear coat, then nothing will help. You can't make something that is no longer there shiny again.

Ahh ok..
a mate with his BMW has this problem... i fink needs a respray then lol...

dougie_504
12-11-2009, 05:36 PM
Just use a strong, semi-abrasive polish like Sonax

outatime
12-11-2009, 06:29 PM
wipe it gently with methylated spirits. you can buy it from coles or woolies for about 2 bux

or you can have your car buffed and detailed.. that should remove it even if it's been there for months..

i've tried both ways and it worked. davexr8, a trader here did the buff and detailing :thumbsup:

shitbox
12-11-2009, 06:31 PM
shoot the bird, unlikely that this will fix ur paintwork but at least you will feel better.

.:Thrasher:.
12-11-2009, 07:04 PM
i worked at a carwash for a year when i was 17 and what i picked up on bird shit is to use tire/engine cleaner on it at a local self serve car wash.

try that and get back to me on it :D

p.s. leave it for a good five minutes to eat away the particles to make it easier to wash off with the high pressure hose.

p.s.s. i know alot of people dont like the foaming brush at the self serve (always without fail wash it first), but after you have put the tire/engine cleaner on, leave it for a little bit and then you can either use the high pressure soap and then the foaming brush or you can skip the high pressure soap and go straight to the brush.

.:Thrasher:.
12-11-2009, 07:11 PM
wipe it gently with methylated spirits. you can buy it from coles or woolies for about 2 bux

or you can have your car buffed and detailed.. that should remove it even if it's been there for months..

i've tried both ways and it worked. davexr8, a trader here did the buff and detailing :thumbsup:

good chance that the meth could possibly soften the clear coat causing it to crack and chip later on but if it worked then :thumbsup:

flipfire
16-11-2009, 02:39 PM
Quick detailer and cloth usually works but if its baked on then a bit of polish should get rid of it.