PDA

View Full Version : EG Air Con Partly Working

johnnyming
13-11-2009, 02:10 PM
Hello Guyes
Hope you guyes can help me on this bit, i tired to fix my air con problem for a Lonnnng time ,When the day is not that Hot around 28 below 30 my compressor will cuts in fine , blow cold air and can hear the compressor cut in, BUT when is more than 30 C the compressor will not cut in, and warm air come out ,

plus when idle it will rev up and down from 1000 -2000 rpm,the enigne will rev up and down non stop until the compressor cut in or turn off air con, it ONLY happen when is hot took the compressor out and checked seems fine, it click when apply the power to the compressor , the condenser fan will on when the air con turn on , took the car to the shop for 4 times, and different shop as well, they all give up and have no ideal what is going on , hope u guyes can help out , also did change a second hand evaporator, but it seems dosn't work as well, porblem still exist Need help.
THanks

chowdaa
13-11-2009, 06:52 PM
what is the a/c temp when it does work at the vents? should be around 5*C at fan lowest speed and ventilation off. when you say "condenser fan will on when the air con turn on" does the compressor kick in at the same time? will the compressor switch on without the condensor fan ever? just trying to get a picture.

johnnyming
19-11-2009, 03:26 AM
thanks for the reply the compressor switch on with the condensor fan turn on , but when the air con fail the condensor fan will stay on but the compressor did not kick in , and start rev up and down , sound like trying to get the compressor kick in, the temp is around 6 c down