PDA

View Full Version : B pillar bars -- how useful are they?

kcokla
13-11-2009, 04:08 PM
other than the blinging factor - how useful are they?
i know many people will state this is better or that is better - which i already know but the main issue is do B pillar bars really do anything at all?

jks24
13-11-2009, 05:18 PM
im keen to see peoples thoughts on this as well :)

DNYALL
13-11-2009, 06:18 PM
I have one in my EM1. can't say it made a massive difference. Made a difference when transitioning between corners in an S bend.

kcokla
13-11-2009, 06:25 PM
I have one in my EM1. can't say it made a massive difference. Made a difference when transitioning between corners in an S bend.

although the difference wasnt massive as you describe,
would you solidly say that having a b pillar bar makes a differences that is worth it?

do you think it has helped you as a driver pushed boundaries more?

Riced_Civic
13-11-2009, 06:58 PM
track it prob gain like .001 of a sec, street it just for bling

DNYALL
13-11-2009, 07:01 PM
although the difference wasnt massive as you describe,
would you solidly say that having a b pillar bar makes a differences that is worth it?

do you think it has helped you as a driver pushed boundaries more?

to be honest with ya, the difference it made is small. could even just be in my head haha but, they are cheap. look pretty cool. so get it :thumbsup: wrap it in some foam and you'll be sweet. I don't think it has helped me push my boundaries, as u say. But a small difference is still a difference.

hisoka
13-11-2009, 07:23 PM
had this on a ek for a while with a xbrace setup. made it feel stiffer,

imo , i beleive it is worth the money, but you cant have backseats ( you can but you sure as hell cannot carry passengers around with it, regaurdless of padded or not ,

but i didnt have back seats at the time

90LAN
13-11-2009, 08:12 PM
it is useful for attracting police and getting pulled over to be defected
thats about it

bennjamin
13-11-2009, 08:16 PM
stick with actual strut based bars IMO. Anything else is overkill IMO.

chargeR
13-11-2009, 08:17 PM
They must make some difference at least from the additional mass up fairly high in the chassis.

In terms of handling modifications that actually improve the performance of the car they are a long way down the list behind such actually useful changes as (in no particular order) tyres, dampers, alignment, springs, swaybars, etc. If you are after performance then save your money and buy the best tyres you can.

fatboyz39
13-11-2009, 08:19 PM
Bling factor.

bennjamin
13-11-2009, 08:23 PM
I bet a roast dinner that X car with Y mods (including b/c pillar bar/s)
around a race track....get it to its best time.

Then , minus the b and or c pillar bar and the time will be exactly the same. If not better

90LAN
13-11-2009, 08:26 PM

Then , minus the b and or c pillar bar and the time will be exactly the same. If not better

what about if you add a, b , c and x bars
would it be quicker ?

bennjamin
13-11-2009, 08:30 PM
what about if you add a, b , c and x bars
would it be quicker ?

well the A bar would be in a straight line but as soon as you hit a corner you will hit your head or nose

90LAN
13-11-2009, 08:32 PM
well the A bar would be in a straight line but as soon as you hit a corner you will hit your head or nose

but you have a helmet on when racing on the track
i know i would
dont know about you ben

hisoka
13-11-2009, 09:28 PM

depends its just about how you want the car to feel aswell. i bet half the people on here if put into there own car wouldnt know wether it has had a strut brace or two installed.

i only removed b pillar , like lan said it got quite the attention. otherwise i wouldve left it. even the xbrace had got a couple of looks.

and btw, they made it for a reason, Js racing didnt just think to themselves they should make one, or whatever company for that matter,for the fun of it. so even if it sounds like i cannot explain it, iam damn sure someone on here can. but iam just speaking from my own experience, instead of what i have read on the internet. it definately does make the car feel a bit different~

also having a b and c pillar reinforcement bars, is better then nothing. so why not if you have a track car. look up what they actually do

tekung89
14-11-2009, 10:41 PM
wank factor mod, but meh

DEMON83
15-11-2009, 12:27 AM
same as u get front and rear strut braces lower Tie bars etc. all are designed to stiffen and reinforce the car body to improve feel and steering response. B pillar bars and floor bars are all designed to further improve the above. as a side note they also help to preserve ur cars body by reducing the twisting force from hard driving.

For normal street driving there is not much benefit to be had over basic front and rear strut braces but for track its another must have that is a cheap mod.

Happy racing..

bennjamin
15-11-2009, 12:46 AM
just a thought

twisting forces applied thru the cars body during cornering etc - within reason you DO want the body of the car to flex before the force is applied overly to the tyres and thus they loose grip. My point is the more braces the more stress placed upon the tyres. Fine if you run slicks but everything less its something to consider !