PDA

View Full Version : FN Indicator stalk curiousity

specialst
13-11-2009, 04:33 PM
Hi all

As you all know.. the FN civic has the indictor stalk on the left of the steering column and wipers on the right.

Is there a chance of replacing this with the conventional RHS style, indicator on right and wiper on left?

Does the FD civic indicator/wiper stalk fit and work?

Cheers all

veetek
28-11-2009, 03:29 AM
Hi all

As you all know.. the FN civic has the indictor stalk on the left of the steering column and wipers on the right.

Is there a chance of replacing this with the conventional RHS style, indicator on right and wiper on left?

Does the FD civic indicator/wiper stalk fit and work?

Cheers all

Although I have gotten used to it, if it can be done I would be HIGHLY interested.

Stechy
28-11-2009, 07:00 PM
Why would you want to do that anyway?

moons
28-11-2009, 10:16 PM
Why would you want to do that anyway?

When you come from driving a car with an Australian stalk setup, the back to front European one feels pretty odd. After having had a few cars in succession with the European style stalks, however, I now wouldn't bother changing it.

In any case, the indicators aren't the only thing that is on the wrong side in the FN2 -- The steering wheel stereo controls position make a lot more sense in a LHD, for my money.

Anyway to answer the OP, I'm pretty sure it can't be changed over -- or at least, can't be changed over without paying A LOT of money.

Yes the stalk setup is wrong, but it feels less wrong the more you drive with it.