PDA

View Full Version : Type R Invisible Car Bra

bluesboy
13-11-2009, 11:42 PM
Recently bought a near new red type R in sydney but unfort picked up a few stone chips on those rotten vic roads when returning to adelaide. Anyone used the invis car bra process on their honda(any model)? Have heard process is not cheap but wld be interested in any comments

moons
14-11-2009, 09:41 PM
I've had an OziCozi plastic coat on mine for nearly two years and those Victorian roads have left my car well alone. :-)

bluesboy
14-11-2009, 09:53 PM
thanx mate. Is that product u mentioned tho this invisible film tehnology or something u gotta fit and then take off each time. Hope i didnt insult u if u a vic but a lot of those wimmera region roads r crap for such a beautiful machine as the type R. Iam justgetting to know itand compare it to my 206gti. Sure the R is magnif built but hey i haveb come to think that the pug was not a scrubber. From memory u also had a pug. apprecyour comments . look fwd talking again. Where do u live??

moons
14-11-2009, 10:19 PM
Yeah.. I went from a 206 GTi180 to a Type R.

And while I don't want to say it too loudly on a Honda forum, after two years I really think the GTi180 was a little quicker - both in a straight line and in the twisties. Maybe.

The Type R build quality and overall experience however, is a 100% improvement on the Pug.

And yes, I'm in Melbourne. :-)

kojmeister
25-11-2009, 01:44 PM
Recently bought a near new red type R in sydney but unfort picked up a few stone chips on those rotten vic roads when returning to adelaide. Anyone used the invis car bra process on their honda(any model)? Have heard process is not cheap but wld be interested in any comments

Hey bluesboy,

Ive heard of this brand ducoscratch and ive seen some of this stuff on a mates white SLK which turned out to be pretty good against those stone chips.. only upon closer inspection are you able to see the film present..otherwise its pretty invisible from afar.

I cam across this webpage of theirs:-
http://www.ducoscratch.com.au/proddetail.asp?prod=HondaCivicRMY07FullKit

This is for the full kit and there are others like for headlights or bonnet alone..

Hope this helps mate :) and in my opinion its relatively cheap... my mate paid like 750~850 for the bumper and bonnet... only.

mocchi
25-11-2009, 01:54 PM
damn. they dont have civic eg package.