porkrollx
15-11-2009, 12:51 PM
Ok so i own a civic sedan

everytime i unlock and lock my car all 4 locks and unlocks

now only the driver door locks and unlocks

is this an easy problem to fix ? and what could be wrong with it

Zilli
15-11-2009, 02:54 PM
generally i'd say you have a solenoid problem, but considering all 3 have carcked it at the same time, i'd check wiring. Would be pretty rare to have 3 motor cark it at the same time... take it to a sparky

When you hit the button, do you hear the other doors (other than the driver) make any noise?

grifty
15-11-2009, 04:28 PM
i would get a multimeter and check if theres any power going to the solenoids that arent working, if not then its either a wiring issue or the control unit has decided to crap itself.

Mr EG
17-11-2009, 03:40 PM
Isn't central locking powered by metal hooks?

cymax
17-11-2009, 03:44 PM

you need something to power the metal hooks. That is the actuators/solenoid to move the hook/locking mechanism

grifty
17-11-2009, 04:59 PM

its basically a actuator with a metal rod that bolts onto your existing lock/unlock rod

porkrollx
18-11-2009, 02:38 PM
where would i find this do i have to take apart the driver door or passenger door :|
cause i saw some battery square looking thing

xclusive_eg8
18-11-2009, 03:02 PM
mines done the similar thing exept they all stopped working by remote, still operate by key in drivers door... its pretty annoying ey, but yeah Iv tryed to fix it and had no luck, think its time for the Pro's

ooo and at first it didnt work by key, had to take trim off and leave the actuator just flapping around- dodgy but made it work - weirdly

grifty
18-11-2009, 08:35 PM
where would i find this do i have to take apart the driver door or passenger door :|
cause i saw some battery square looking thing

You have to take of the whole door trim to get to it and it should also look like something similar to this

http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/5464/centrallockactuatorsing.jpg (http://img696.imageshack.us/i/centrallockactuatorsing.jpg/)