PDA

View Full Version : manual conversion need help asap

jdm18c
15-11-2009, 04:53 PM
hey guys just brought my brother a eg its got an d15 motor auto and im want to put a d16y8 turbo motor in it, just puting the motor in now but the mount on the gearbox wont line is there any brakets or something i need to change from auto to manual
any help would be appreciated

kcokla
15-11-2009, 07:36 PM
yes youll need the engine mount frmo hasport or innovative
its a auto->manual engine mount
if you look at the chasses the mount is slightly differnent, ive done this conversion!

hit up yonas for hasport mounts or the shift guys for the innovative ones.

bennjamin
15-11-2009, 07:39 PM
yes youll need the engine mount frmo hasport or innovative
its a auto->manual engine mount
if you look at the chasses the mount is slightly differnent, ive done this conversion!

hit up yonas for hasport mounts or the shift guys for the innovative ones.

Lol. This guy knows with 1st hand experience ! I actually fashioned up a replacement mount temporarily. Google manual mount

kcokla
15-11-2009, 07:56 PM
Lol. This guy knows with 1st hand experience ! I actually fashioned up a replacement mount temporarily. Google manual mount

when bennjamin did mine, he used an existing engine mount ( not sure from an eg or not) and lined it up and it sat in the chassis mounting area and only 1 (out of 2) long ass bolts was attached.

it served fine for about 2 months as it took time to order the mount and within those 2 months i drove abit more causiously and occasionally checked it,
when we fitted the new mount in, the previous one came out perfectly fine and hadnt broken or cracked or anything!

bennjamin
15-11-2009, 07:59 PM
when we fitted the new mount in, the previous one came out perfectly fine and hadnt broken or cracked or anything!

Thats the power and skill of Chuck Norris. I punched it into place and threatened it with destruction IF it failed. No actually , a quick study confirmed it was a fine temp fix.

But for the OP - you need this

http://www.advancespeedshop.com/images/B49520_EG_at2mt-B_D_Hydralic.jpg

Pm EG5 (yonas) off this forum he shouled have them in stock or can fast track them to you.

kcokla
15-11-2009, 08:05 PM
^^ that one is an innovative one,

yonas cant/or atleast wouldnt when i asked for one. but he can get you hasport.

shift performance workshop SHOULD be able to get you innovative.

ps to op : you've got pm