PDA

View Full Version : Honda Civic EG (Si & VTI)

DRIFT-EG
15-11-2009, 08:24 PM
People say VTI is easier to do conversion on than Si? Why? How much easier we talking about? Just cause it comes with VTEC solenoid? Is that all?

Why doesn't Si come with airbags? Can you get aftermarket?

90LAN
15-11-2009, 08:35 PM
breeze is the easiest to do a conversion in
as i have been told by members on this forum

vti is easier as the loom is suited for a conversion and has vtec already

91-93 was the years the si was released so airbags werent released then
airbags were in 95 models vti egs

you could get it fitted

but you would be stupid to do it

as buying a eg with airbags would be easier

PHM91
15-11-2009, 08:36 PM
one of the reasons
because si,vti,gli(single cam) come fuel injected, as to breeze, gl, gli(carby) dont
which mean you gotta get fuel tank, fuel lines jsut less of hassle if your cars efi.

DRIFT-EG
15-11-2009, 09:28 PM
So the Si would be alright to convert, just need solenoid, looms? and I be set for a conversion with the Si? How much are for those things?

Is airbags in cars compulsory? Will there be laws compulsory to have airbags? Or it's really our choice?

90LAN
15-11-2009, 09:32 PM
So the Si would be alright to convert, just need solenoid, looms? and I be set for a conversion with the Si? How much are for those things?

Is airbags in cars compulsory? Will there be laws compulsory to have airbags? Or it's really our choice?

you are a real knob alright lol

you can use any eg to convert
some more harder than others
since your asking these questions
im would say your getting soem one to do it
so they would know what to do
best to get a front cut

airbags are not complusory if they didnt originally came with airbags

but since you want airbays so much

yes they will be complusory with you

hisoka
15-11-2009, 09:32 PM
airbags are only compulsory in cars that came with airbags.

for example si civic, you can use aftermarket steering wheel, becase there wasnt a airbag there.

for eg vti, because it came with airbag, you cannot change it,

buy a gli, and pay someone to do it, it doesnt sound like you can attempt this yourself mate!~

DRIFT-EG
15-11-2009, 09:44 PM
So you think later on in the future, there won't be a law that all cars must have airbags to drive on roads?

hisoka
15-11-2009, 09:49 PM
no, there will not. all cars after say 1995 are made with airbags.

so its just a waiting game till all the old cars get phased out. you know what i mean ?

kelz
15-11-2009, 09:52 PM
lolll

90LAN
15-11-2009, 09:54 PM
So you think later on in the future, there won't be a law that all cars must have airbags to drive on roads?

no

compliance for that car will stay the same

why dont all old cars have air bags

but it seems you need air bags to drive

maybe you could have air bag suspension if that makes you feel safer ?

DRIFT-EG
15-11-2009, 09:55 PM
no, there will not. all cars after say 1995 are made with airbags.

so its just a waiting game till all the old cars get phased out. you know what i mean ?

And when will that happen when old cars are getting newer engines fitted into them?

hisoka
15-11-2009, 09:56 PM
And when will that happen when old cars are getting newer engines fitted into them?

when will what happen ? did you even read what i said. whats not to understand.

when cars become scrap metal , there will be less and less without airbags on the road. this means phased out

DRIFT-EG
15-11-2009, 10:01 PM
What you mean scrap metal?

90LAN
15-11-2009, 10:01 PM

thats what happens when you dont have airbags

kcokla
15-11-2009, 10:06 PM
you are a real knob alright lol

but since you want airbays so much

yes they will be complusory with you

:thumbsup:

kcokla
15-11-2009, 10:08 PM

when cars without airbags slowly become non existant through time. thats when cars will all have air bags as its become almost standard in todays automotive world

dougie_504
15-11-2009, 10:12 PM
DRIFT-EG are you even old enough to drive? Holy crap man.

Airbags aren't compulsory unless the car came standard with an airbag.
If you want an airbag buy a car with one, no bullshit conversions.
One day all the old/airbagless cars will be gone due to car accidents, neglect, or discontinued use ---> in which case all future cars will have airbags.

The whole idea is to drive in a manner that doesn't require the use of an airbag anyway, right? If you're worried about smashing your ribcage on the steering wheel and getting a pneumathorax/haemathorax then just drive slowly, put your seat a decent way back, and make sure your seat belt is on.

And to be honest I don't think it really matters what EG you buy if you're going to do a conversion...I wouldn't base it on what's "easiest" since you won't be doing it yourself, so you may as well look at the chassis condition and the different features of the different variants (for example, the sunroof is a nice touch etc.).

kcokla
15-11-2009, 10:17 PM
ive also got bad news for u, EG's dont drift!

im.Kusuma
15-11-2009, 10:17 PM
thats what happens when you dont have airbags
i LOLed Lan.. lol

i LOLed even harder.. lol

MWAKU
15-11-2009, 10:23 PM
**** this guys had it

Terryfying
15-11-2009, 10:25 PM
**** this guys had it

lolol

hisoka
15-11-2009, 10:40 PM

you dont know what this guy gets up to.

probably cuts sick on some handbrake turns lol.

im.Kusuma
15-11-2009, 10:44 PM
**** this guys had it
hahaha!!

yellows2k
15-11-2009, 11:03 PM
reading his posts makes my head hurt

niiCk
15-11-2009, 11:53 PM
lolol

PHM91
16-11-2009, 12:50 AM
shits and giggles
its pretty funny tho!.

GSi_PSi
16-11-2009, 04:54 AM
you will need a backup of 3 vtec solenoids incase your vtec falls off sometimes

markgonzales3
16-11-2009, 07:14 AM
He probably watched this and thot he could do the same LOL .. this is not EG btw lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQMQkMvRG3I&feature=related

DRIFT-EG
16-11-2009, 07:40 AM
and when do you think non-airbags car will not exist anymore? people will get engine conversions on eg's that have no airbags, so you really think cars with non-airbags will be exist? wtf

kcokla
16-11-2009, 08:31 AM
what does air bags have anything to do with engine conversions?

and non air bag cars will no longer exist probably when we find the lochness monster and the meaning of life.

hope my answers deserve rep points becaues i sure think so.

to properly answer your question or atleast try to;

there is no set date and there will never be a set date. its just a matter of time when people wreck their old cars or throw them away or the end of the world. whatever happens happens. if it never happens then it also never happens.

arverson
16-11-2009, 08:41 AM
and when do you think non-airbags car will not exist anymore? people will get engine conversions on eg's that have no airbags, so you really think cars with non-airbags will be exist? wtf

LOL oh gawdd.. still doesnt get it

cymax
16-11-2009, 10:04 AM
Sorry to steal this thread. I just would like to take this opportunity to ask some qns.

Am I right to say that Si is using OBD1 and VTi is using OBD2? Hence, if you want to swap JDM/AUDM B18C (front cut) to Si, you need OBD1 to OBD2 conversion harness? But however, if you are using 1993-1995 B18C2 front cut you shouldn't need to do any conversion because 1993-1995 Vti-R is OBD1? Correct me if I'm wrong. I'm still at the stage of doing my engine swap research.

im.Kusuma
16-11-2009, 02:17 PM

LOL car with non airbag exist.. I can prove my EG doesnt have airbag and im still alive.. lol

PS: By looking in your profile thingo, it said on the vehicle part " soon to be EG"..

Why dont you get an EG WITH AN AIRBAG or VTEC then start asking non-stupid questions here on ozhonda.. If you're still a 14yo kid. Do some research in wikipedia :thumbsup:

yah mum
16-11-2009, 03:24 PM
is it school holidays already?

im.Kusuma
16-11-2009, 03:39 PM
I think for Yr 10's, only 1 week left of school, as for others, still have 5 weeks

newpaddy3
16-11-2009, 03:45 PM
hahahah this shit is funnier than fml

MWAKU
16-11-2009, 10:18 PM
LOL car with non airbag exist.. I can prove my EG doesnt have airbag and im still alive.. lol

PS: By looking in your profile thingo, it said on the vehicle part " soon to be EG"..

Why dont you get an EG WITH AN AIRBAG or VTEC then start asking non-stupid questions here on ozhonda.. If you're still a 14yo kid. Do some research in wikipedia :thumbsup:

LOL man... lol lol lol!

hisoka
17-11-2009, 12:34 AM

you should know:wave: