PDA

View Full Version : Supercharged DC5?

integraz
23-11-2004, 01:24 PM
well after months of driving the dc5.. i think i need more ommfph
i was thinking of getting a turbo kit... but soon realised that i thiink a supercharge is an easier option... and its reliablity these days...

first of all.. my integraz dc5 [auto] and no i aint going ot trade in for a type r or manual car... cuz it was present from parents.. a hand me down thing... so it is still my dads car..well parents car

ok so what do u guys think... should supercharge?
can i make or tell a workshop to custom make one.. for me
how much is it approx.

also is s/c worth it? or should i turbo...

i have $5000 to play with

* extra info: fully stock ..no mods

BLKCRX
23-11-2004, 01:58 PM
The Jackson Racing kit is only for Manual cars

http://www.jacksonracing.com/Shop/ViewProducts.aspx?PlateIndexID=42643

I'm not aware of any other kit out there that is for the Auto, let alone the Aust Base.

I'm also 80% sure you will loose your air conditioner if you have one.

Turbo'in or SuperCharging or even adding serious NA mods to an Auto car is very very hard to do.

Regards James

aznluder
23-11-2004, 09:17 PM
i dont think that budget would be sufficient for a supercharge setup. If you got 5k, i rekon go N/A. Thats plenty of $$$ to buy you some decent N/A mods.

McChook
23-11-2004, 10:33 PM
$5000 will buy a jackson racing kit
$5000 goes a fair way NA though........

integraz
24-11-2004, 02:59 PM
hmmz ok then.. well it looks like im going back to n/a!
thanks.. people!

JENZ_TEGRIE_2004
25-11-2004, 07:17 PM
im in the same boat i own an auto dc5 only cause im stupid and dont know how to drive a manual lets say u wanted to turbo it how much $$$$$ would i be lookin at and yes im pretty blonde when it come to doin all this so help me out plz guys;)

bubblecivic
26-11-2004, 03:50 PM
i read on this US based rsx forum and this guy had his car burnt to the ground after driving away from a workshop with the GReddy turbo kit...

supercharge is most effective with auto transmission though isn't it?

JENZ_TEGRIE_2004
27-11-2004, 04:38 PM
so im up shat creek without a paddle no matter what cause i have an auto :( i need more power i cant handle not havin power if only i had the xr6 turbo engine again but the shape of the dc5, makes me wanna cry now:(

Jen

BLKCRX
27-11-2004, 04:59 PM
I hav't seen any turbo or supercharge auto DC5's let alone the nitemare to tune em.. hmm YUK..
manual conversion + boost ;-) YAY

Regards James

JENZ_TEGRIE_2004
27-11-2004, 05:02 PM
I hav't seen any turbo or supercharge auto DC5's let alone the nitemare to tune em.. hmm YUK..
manual conversion + boost ;-) YAY

Regards James
I dont know how to drive a manual :( damn no crying smily face thing :((
If i knew how to i wouldnt be driving an auto do u know how embarresing it is for me :(

Jen :star:

BLKCRX
27-11-2004, 05:24 PM
I'm sure there's 100's of syd guys on here who will teach you how 2 drive....

Regards James

JENZ_TEGRIE_2004
27-11-2004, 06:16 PM
lol ill take that 2 ways ;) hopefully its the right gearstick i choose:p

Jen

sheepo
27-11-2004, 08:21 PM
well.. i drive auto for nearly 2 years now but i still kinda remmeber on how to drive manual... manin thing is clutch... step on it to accelerate and also need it to chagne gear... but i need ot go slow with all these again to slowly remember em al... prob i have with manual is telling WHEN to chagne gear =P

asiansquad
29-11-2004, 12:35 PM
I haven't driven manual for 2 years and just got a manual car..haha

doesn't take long to get back into manual once u have a manual car.

Sp3rMz
29-11-2004, 07:57 PM
i'm with asiansquad....i havent drivne a manual car for two years...bascially ever since i got my license i neva drove manual coz there was none at home....i picked it up again within a few days...i had to teach my self manual again on a brass button clutch :thumbdwn: but once you know how to drive manual u'l neva forget..