PDA

View Full Version : Red light camera [canley vale]

duckey
17-11-2009, 01:01 AM
Hey guys,

On the 6th of November, myself and two friends took out cars out to practice manual driving (as two of us recently bought manual cars). It was about 11pm so streets were pretty quiet around Canley so we decided it was time for us to drive somewhere a bit further and so we drove to my mate's brother-in-law's place in Canley Heights.(usually we'd practice only around our area around Cheso etc).

Here is what happened. First car turned left onto canley vale road (near meekong autospares) - light was green. Second car turned left onto Canley Vale Road as the light turned yellow and lastly there was myself who went to slow down to stop at yellow but being a manual noob I crunched a gear and rolled onto Canley Vale road. I saw two flashes. Thought to myself - I should have hit the brakes earlier. My fault I know but what happens to my mate infront. Will be get a fine as well?

Was planning to get engine mounts this week but I guess will wait for the fine :( sigh.

Regards,

Duck

dougie_504
17-11-2009, 01:19 AM
How far into the intersection did you roll?

The second flash is to see where your car has moved to in a certain amount of time after the first flash (takes 2 photos).

Your friend should be fine.

MWAKU
17-11-2009, 09:47 AM
Whats the point of this thread? And i have no idea what part you're talking about, im assuming its the intersection where the school is?

flipfire
17-11-2009, 09:54 AM
Are you talking about the lights infront of the station?

I didnt even know theres a camera there...

defect
17-11-2009, 10:23 AM
he's talking about canley vale rd turning left onto sack ville? going up towards fairfield.

kriZy
17-11-2009, 10:30 AM
he's talking about canley vale rd turning left onto sack ville? going up towards fairfield.

yeah there is a red light camera there.

flipfire
17-11-2009, 10:41 AM
Oh that intersection.. Well then sounds like the camera only got you.

How did you crunch a gear and roll it anyway? You just had to put it on neutral and step on the brake. Dont bother gearing down if its a close call.

nickxau
17-11-2009, 11:09 AM
As dougie_504 said, two flashes/pictures is to verify that you indeed crossed the intersection. If you're not a regular offender and didn't enter/go through the intersection by much, you can try to argue the point that you did make a reasonable effort to stop at the lights. Not sure if you should mention that you were practicing your manual driving though.

bennjamin
17-11-2009, 11:37 AM
WILL you get a fine ?

Just wait and see ffs.

Closed