PDA

View Full Version : Stock suspension and bump steer...

aozora
18-11-2009, 03:18 PM
Heya,

I'm lazy and don't know how much I've lowered my car by after installing coil-overs... does anybody know or are able to measure the stock hub to guard heights so I can compare?

Reason being is for bumpsteer spacers... and other items...
Has anybody done anything with regard to bump steer or "roll steer" in the rear?
I've been doing alot of research and just want to find out what options are available locally if possible or from Jap land. S2ki only has TCD groupies jumping on most options being bad so it's somewhat confusing...

Thanks in advance.

- Ben

render.
18-11-2009, 07:23 PM
I'm sure you know this already, but Asura Design is designing and manufacturing aftermarket upper arms and rear bumpsteer kits with their main use aimed at the track. And from what I can see they manufacture some quality parts so i'm pretty much waiting for these parts to come out. Unfortunately, last time i checked there was nothing on pricing.

As you said people have been having some troubles with other rear bumpsteer kits, but I havent heard much about the J's Racing ones going bad.

NVD52K
20-11-2009, 12:07 AM
theres a brand called ikeya which is quite expensive, talk to fly or go look at the honda s2000 thread about parts and details.

render.
20-11-2009, 08:23 AM
theres a brand called ikeya which is quite expensive, talk to fly or go look at the honda s2000 thread about parts and details.

unfortunately the ikeya formula parts have been discontinued and really hard to find.

vyets
20-11-2009, 08:41 AM
Hey Ben

Check out the new t1r's the design has been revised so no worries about snapping apprantly.
Afew people have the megan one as well without problems :P

Ikeya formula yummm

ludecrs
20-11-2009, 01:35 PM
If Asura's FI parts are anything to go by, I'm sure their upcoming kits will be fantastic and proven quality aswell.

aozora
22-11-2009, 04:29 PM
unfortunately the ikeya formula parts have been discontinued and really hard to find.

Just got a quote for a pair at 49,000 yen available :D

Trying to find the Asura info...

Oh and the T1Rs... Megan racing... just something about copies that... I dunno.
Namely this thread might explain my feelings better :p
http://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=739016

JAP-S2K
22-11-2009, 06:54 PM
Oh and the T1Rs... Megan racing... just something about copies that... I dunno.
Namely this thread might explain my feelings better :p
http://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=739016

:thumbsup: I agree. It's scary to see the "SHIT" that's available for S2000's. IMO suspension parts are items noone should cut corners with.

vyets
22-11-2009, 08:20 PM
Yea seen and read that ben :P