PDA

View Full Version : Gen 2 CRX or DA9

Jarkz
18-11-2009, 09:14 PM
Im looking at buying either car as a next project, i can't make up my mind for the following reasons.

1) which would have a greater resale value.

2) which would actually be quicker power to weight ( b16a ED/F or B18c/LSVTEC Da9)

3) which would handle better, as ive only driven/owned a EF CRX which i was impressed by, or would the da9 handle similar/better sussy mod for mod?

any input would be appreciated.

markgonzales3
18-11-2009, 09:17 PM
Crx yo !

Jarkz
18-11-2009, 09:37 PM
for what reason lol?

dougie_504
18-11-2009, 09:54 PM
CRX bro.
Better power to weight.
Responds better to mods because it's so light.
It'll have a much better re-sell value because they're getting much harder to find and will eventually become even more of a coveted 'timeless classic' sports coupe.

I have an original SiR CRX with 97,500KMs on it :D best investment I ever got!! Join crxaustralia.com it's a great community and we have so much resources and fun!!!!

Jarkz
19-11-2009, 01:13 PM
yeah but, i must admit, im still more leaning towards a b18c da9...

string
19-11-2009, 04:09 PM
Both have the potential to be satisfying. Light weight will win all else equal - there's probably 150kg difference - big plus to the CRX. A big downside of the CRX is that they are over priced. DA9s are cheap cheap!

DA9 has more convenient features for a road going track car. I can fit a spare set of wheels and tyres, all the fluids I could possibly need, tools, jacks, jackstands, etc..., with plenty of room left. Could you do the same in a CRX?

If you're building a racecar in a free-engine class then the CRX will be the obvious choice (since you can use the same engine in a lighter chassis). If you're a weekend warrior who wants to have fun then either option will get the job done. Just pick whichever car resonates with you the right way.

siR_Pjamaz
19-11-2009, 04:26 PM
COME TO THE DARK SIDE.." and get a CRX".. lol

Jarkz
20-11-2009, 12:17 PM
COME TO THE DARK SIDE.." and get a CRX".. lol

LOl... ive already owned one b4...

The Da9 is looking the go... though dc2 vti-r's are becoming cheap... hmm

string
20-11-2009, 12:23 PM
DC2 is a stiffer chassis, but heavier than the DA9.

dougie_504
20-11-2009, 02:27 PM
Both have the potential to be satisfying. Light weight will win all else equal - there's probably 150kg difference - big plus to the CRX. A big downside of the CRX is that they are over priced. DA9s are cheap cheap!

DA9 has more convenient features for a road going track car. I can fit a spare set of wheels and tyres, all the fluids I could possibly need, tools, jacks, jackstands, etc..., with plenty of room left. Could you do the same in a CRX?

If you're building a racecar in a free-engine class then the CRX will be the obvious choice (since you can use the same engine in a lighter chassis). If you're a weekend warrior who wants to have fun then either option will get the job done. Just pick whichever car resonates with you the right way.

Hey man, I don't mean any offense but I just wanted to cover a couple of things.

The CRX Gen2 weighs 890-920kg depending on the model, whereas the DA9 weighs in at about 1200kg so the difference is easily around 300kg depending on what's in the car itself. People don't realise how light the Gen2 is :D although the City Turbo II is another story on weight <lol>

Another thing I wanted to mention, and this surprised me also, is that with the back seats down in a CRX (Jap import for back seats) you actually have a massive amount of space. Personally I've fit a spare set of 17" rims in the back, with tyres, and I know that there's still space on the floor for things like jack, stands, tools and fluids. I think the hatch-like design is deceptive like that.

I'm obviously biased because I have an EF8 but just wanted to mention those things :)

Latino CRX
20-11-2009, 03:02 PM
crx all way man .. i currently got a B16/18 conversion to put in my crx and watch it eat b18 da9's like others sayin power to weight

string
20-11-2009, 03:19 PM
Hey man, I don't mean any offense but I just wanted to cover a couple of things.

The CRX Gen2 weighs 890-920kg depending on the model, whereas the DA9 weighs in at about 1200kg so the difference is easily around 300kg depending on what's in the car itself. People don't realise how light the Gen2 is :D although the City Turbo II is another story on weight <lol>

Another thing I wanted to mention, and this surprised me also, is that with the back seats down in a CRX (Jap import for back seats) you actually have a massive amount of space. Personally I've fit a spare set of 17" rims in the back, with tyres, and I know that there's still space on the floor for things like jack, stands, tools and fluids. I think the hatch-like design is deceptive like that.

I'm obviously biased because I have an EF8 but just wanted to mention those things :)

No offense taken, because you've got your facts wrong :)

I've seen my own DA9 on a weigh bridge giving a reading of 1060kg (a few pieces missing from stock). The manual states the weight as 1122kg.

1200kg would be pushing it for a DC2.

Chriskoss
20-11-2009, 03:36 PM
I agree with string, da9 cant be 1200.. its a damn light car.. id say 1100 max with like all stock stuff and heavier wheels and etc

I say da9 if you want an everyday driver than u can have fun on the track
or CRX if your going to strip it bare, mod the shit out of it and have it as a weekender

Clearly a da9 is a better all-rounder

Latino CRX
20-11-2009, 03:40 PM
my crx is stripd bare and it still my daily man no troubles at all with cops occassionaly get asked why its not there but ya just come up with a bullshit story ..

dougie_504
20-11-2009, 10:26 PM
No offense taken, because you've got your facts wrong :)

I've seen my own DA9 on a weigh bridge giving a reading of 1060kg (a few pieces missing from stock). The manual states the weight as 1122kg.

1200kg would be pushing it for a DC2.

Well I thought it was about 1172kg, so I rounded to 1200kg. Even at 1122kg you're still looking at a 220kg +/- difference.

At the end of the day it's all down to what you want from a car. One thing I like about the CRX is that you can pretty much park it anywhere, even up somebody else's 4" cannon :D

GSi_PSi
20-11-2009, 11:00 PM
i rekon Gen 2 CRX, i wish i could find a cheap one to start a project. ie B20 in a Crx shell hmmmm. With Honda's power to weight is were its at , so starting with a light chassis is the go. Whats the lightest CRX gen 2 weighing at?> removing all unessesary weight, sound deadening etc

Sorry to hijack the thread but which CRX's came with rear seats and glass roof?

Latino CRX
20-11-2009, 11:18 PM
EF6(pretty sure 1.5 dual carb auto like said not too sure), EF7(ZC DOHC non vtec) , EF8 SiR (B16a1 Vtec), :)

my crx is around the 800 and somethin kilo mark :)

Snoop_gee
20-11-2009, 11:50 PM
CRX all the way for many reasons.
But ill actually let the pic do the talkin

http://i446.photobucket.com/albums/qq185/shortstuffthe1st/yb2.jpg

we do have a solid line up of gen2 crxs in the CrX AUS community
from 200kw b16a turbo SiR, 11sec 1/4 mile Dseries turbo, B18c ground up build every nut and bolt replaced and a whole lot more.:thumbsup::D

for more details PM me.

Latino CRX
21-11-2009, 09:31 AM
oh and u forgot one snoop a mint as K20 CRX :) ..

dougie_504
22-11-2009, 09:44 AM
Upload some pics from yesterday bro! Don't forget Mike is about to build his B16/B20 with a reco'd LSD GBox :D

jords
22-11-2009, 09:59 AM
oh and u forgot one snoop a mint as K20 CRX :) ..

No ones ever seen it. lol

STTICH
22-11-2009, 10:34 AM
clear winner from replies.

yes .. go for CRX ! its a car tat i've owned and missed very much :thumbsup:

Spoon-Accord
22-11-2009, 11:02 AM
drive a car that you rarely get to see

drive around in a car that is common available

that was the reason why i got my crx :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v216/spoon-accord/IMG_0584.jpg

_CRX_
22-11-2009, 02:23 PM
You know what im going to say

dougie_504
22-11-2009, 02:47 PM
You know what im going to say

To get one of these?

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k158/dougie_504/IMG_00082.jpg

smomo
22-11-2009, 04:51 PM
Why not the b18c in the CRX?

Having said that, go the DA9, I think they have a lot of potential. I think a fair bit of the suspension is interchangeable between ed/ef and da, the setup of all Honda's of the era is quite similar. Theres just something about the DA9 that I love, I just can't put my finger on it. (And this is coming from someone who has owned a CRX)

SHOGUNOVDDRK
22-11-2009, 05:07 PM
I'd rather a DA6.

slimx
22-11-2009, 09:21 PM
cuz weight wise straight out its all bullcrap yes CRX will be faster.. but a DA9 is b18 straight out to a 1.8L honda engine (vtec or not) 200kg doesnt matter lol.

If your looking for more weight than power y buy a crx? go for something lighter.. but if u not planning to piss around with engines definately go for a DA9, DA9 is better quality, and honestly for a car like that its got all the features of modern cars today..
these days u cant find a car that has air vents going to the side windows.. the DA9 has it.. lol for a car that old its a smart idea.. theres the small diffferences too like speed sensors.. the DA9 is appearnatly the only basic class car of its age (89) to have a speed sensor (doesnt include auto's all auto's have'm)

the DA9 looks fkn better than a crx, a crx only looks good when its fkn dorpped to its ass, has 168419841981x mods a da9 looks good stock, check out the DA forum in the integra section i garunty u, u will see my point in the mods area.

I'm sure u know what a ricer is .. Ricers are more directed at those with a billion mods on there car .. a DA9 doesnt need that much lol upto if u wana be called a rcier

as for the weight bullshit.. get a motorbike if weight is a problem it'll rip any car

Fk that was a long post lmao
jst check it out..
DA9 no mods other than some aftermarket rims (not full on chrome shit like they do on a crx)
http://i36.tinypic.com/f560ko.jpg
http://i36.tinypic.com/dh70uf.jpg
http://i34.tinypic.com/4tahb7.jpg
not lowered.. only thing there is a sound system

GSi_PSi
22-11-2009, 10:02 PM
da9s are ugly compared to CRX's imho

dougie_504
22-11-2009, 10:42 PM
^ very true

And CRXs do in fact have vents that flow to the windows.

Furthermore a CRX will either come with a B16A which can be well-built for the price of converting the DA9 to VTEC, or alternatively you can get one with the D16A8 (cheaper than DA9 'teg) and boost the shit out of it + vitara pistons.

spastic
22-11-2009, 10:44 PM
DA's also come with B16a's

GSi_PSi
23-11-2009, 06:51 AM
DA6's are pretty rare and compared to the weight of a SiR CRX you wont get more of a feel of the B16a.

Latino CRX
23-11-2009, 11:58 AM
crx = mans car

da9 = hairdressers car ... :p

SHOGUNOVDDRK
23-11-2009, 12:03 PM
DA9's are Mx5's?

No way!!!

Jarkz
23-11-2009, 03:55 PM
Theres just something about the DA9 that I love, I just can't put my finger on it

agree

LOl at reply's though... both are good cars, hence why i wanted one,

but i think im gonna get an EG/EK or DC2 Vtir instead...

I can't find a decent stockish crx that i like for sale.

I do miss my old crx but I want something a little larger.

Btw da9 is not a hairdressers car.

Latino CRX
23-11-2009, 04:22 PM

hahahah didnt u see the little :p symbol at the end lol i was just tryin to get ur mind into gettin a crx Da9's are good cars man jeeez :p ..

if anythin of the cars u said a VTiR be the best option

slimx
25-11-2009, 06:48 PM
brother.. look i gota few mates with Crx's and like if u tell a chick oh yeh i drive a CRX .. shes waiting for a nice DelSol Targa top not some hatchback lol she came up shes like OH is that a crx :S ? she started laughing

DA's .. ok not the sxciest beast lol but fkn got more looks then a Crx.. but if u are going for more JDM spec.. like.. more RACING SPEC tryna impress GUYS rather than chicks.. go for CRX i guess in my opinion CRX is fknugly DA will kill it, unless its DelSol atleast they look really nice.. and there vtec atleast lol

duckey
25-11-2009, 06:58 PM
buy this!

one of the sexiest DA's ive seen :)

http://ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=120867

Snoop_gee
25-11-2009, 10:58 PM
brother.. look i gota few mates with Crx's and like if u tell a chick oh yeh i drive a CRX .. shes waiting for a nice DelSol Targa top not some hatchback lol she came up shes like OH is that a crx :S ? she started laughing

DA's .. ok not the sxciest beast lol but fkn got more looks then a Crx.. but if u are going for more JDM spec.. like.. more RACING SPEC tryna impress GUYS rather than chicks.. go for CRX i guess in my opinion CRX is fknugly DA will kill it, unless its DelSol atleast they look really nice.. and there vtec atleast lol
sorry but that the dumbest thing i have read.
CRX's are ugly.

Whats so ugly about this.

http://www.crxaustralia.com/Jons/oem3.jpg

in actual fact this 11.6 1/4 mile Crx would blow the doors off ur DA.

Hang on wat about this...
still think u got wat it takes for this b18c crx.
http://www.redpepperracing.com/gallery/d/129134-1/SES2+001+copy2.jpg

and a whole lot more.

~Sp33~
25-11-2009, 11:19 PM

The CRX Gen2 weighs 890-920kg depending on the model, whereas the DA9 weighs in at about 1200kg so the difference is easily around 300kg depending on what's in the car itself. People don't realise how light the Gen2 is :D although the City

The SIR weighed 970-1050 depending on the options.
The DA weighed 1122-1147 for manual/auto respectively.

Hardly 300kg's.

ajbm
25-11-2009, 11:28 PM
crx ftw for me...
but it all comes down to the one who will be driving the car... whatever makes U happy!
just pick one, whatever it is you chose now, eventually u'll want something different after awhile...

for example I used to own the white EG CIvic 'HYB31D' with JDM B18C transplant... I sold it to john at GPC and went for something older like EF8 SiR CRX... real old school!

I love driving both cars but I can't afford to be paying two rego's a year.

Latino CRX
26-11-2009, 12:10 AM
hahah snoop u always got some sweet come backs wen it comes to the crx :p

love it ..

CRX FTW!!!!!!!!!!!

EK1.6LCIV
26-11-2009, 01:50 PM
DA9's are timeless, both are nice cars

CRX oem accessories are collectors items, budget for that if they're on you build to do list

DA9's have a nice interior and sweet seating, I'm hoping a mate of mine never sells hers handles and goes like a dream

http://image.automotive.com/f/features/10072363+pheader/htup_0509_01_z+1991_acura_integra_ls_da+front_view .jpg

http://image.hondatuningmagazine.com/f/10767207/htup_0808_01_z+honda_tuning_da_acura_integra+front _quarter_view.jpg

dougie_504
26-11-2009, 09:54 PM
crx ftw for me...
but it all comes down to the one who will be driving the car... whatever makes U happy!
just pick one, whatever it is you chose now, eventually u'll want something different after awhile...

for example I used to own the white EG CIvic 'HYB31D' with JDM B18C transplant... I sold it to john at GPC and went for something older like EF8 SiR CRX... real old school!

I love driving both cars but I can't afford to be paying two rego's a year.

Nice mate, I've got the EH9 Civic as my daily and the EF8 as my weekend car and you're right...double everything is a killer but at the end of the day I can't bring myself to park the EF8 in public :(

And ~Sp33~ I reckon you're just being oppositional to most things I say for the sake of being a pain in the ass mate, but my EF8 is listed and registered at 890kg by VicRoads and has been weighed at 985kg with me sitting in it so there!

_CRX_
26-11-2009, 10:11 PM

What a croc of shit.....bring your Da ill eat it

Chriskoss
26-11-2009, 10:13 PM
Lol, OP is a stooge for asking the question in the 1st place.. its gona be your car..dont ask other people to choose for you, choose yourself, They are totally different cars

/endthread.. people r just gona get on their highhorses, da9 owners vs crx owners going'' teh wtf, teh bring it, ill teh smash ur car'' as we are already seeing on this page

wow

~Sp33~
26-11-2009, 11:15 PM
And ~Sp33~ I reckon you're just being oppositional to most things I say for the sake of being a pain in the ass mate, but my EF8 is listed and registered at 890kg by VicRoads and has been weighed at 985kg with me sitting in it so there!

I have the brochure from Honda sitting in front of me. The lightest SIR according to Honda was 970kg. Please find some proof that the SIR was lighter, I'm genuinely interested in seeing it. If you can't handle discussion you shouldn't be on a forum. :thumbdwn:

_CRX_
26-11-2009, 11:49 PM
I have the brochure from Honda sitting in front of me. The lightest SIR according to Honda was 970kg. Please find some proof that the SIR was lighter, I'm genuinely interested in seeing it. If you can't handle discussion you shouldn't be on a forum. :thumbdwn:

Your correct 970 kg

dougie_504
27-11-2009, 11:54 AM

I'll take your word for it, but I'm also considering your retarded attempt at convincing me that to build a replica CRX SiR is cheaper than buying an original EF8 <lol>

string
27-11-2009, 12:21 PM
My guess of 150kg difference wasn't so bad afterall :D

~Sp33~
27-11-2009, 11:26 PM
I'll take your word for it, but I'm also considering your retarded attempt...

Wow, grow up.

Jarkz
28-11-2009, 11:54 AM
Lol, OP is a stooge for asking the question in the 1st place.. its gona be your car..dont ask other people to choose for you, choose yourself, They are totally different cars

/endthread.. people r just gona get on their highhorses, da9 owners vs crx owners going'' teh wtf, teh bring it, ill teh smash ur car'' as we are already seeing on this page

wow

your a ****ing retard... Ive a a ****ing CRX b4 for the 100th time.

I wanted feedback from people who have experienced both cars.

Your the **** head that turned this into CRX V's Da9 owners whinge.

I wanted to know if your da9 can handle as good as a CRX.

wow what **** witt? Im getting an EG or DC2 vtir...

dougie_504
28-11-2009, 03:14 PM

I've driven both and I'd give CRX the cake on this one.

But really they can handle just as well as one another with the correct suspension mods and weight alterations etc. With unlimited $$$ I'm sure you'd be satisfied either way because you can just go coilovers, braces, sway bars, wheels/rubber etc.

Just get the car that you like more and spend $$$ to make it handle how you want. I figured that much would have been obvious?

_CRX_
28-11-2009, 04:19 PM
pretty much all the shit in this thread is irrelevant.....Jarks best thing is to save a bit more and get a DC2 type R........im pretty sure people wont argue that a type r shits all over a da and a crx......if your looking for handling then the type R is the car for u

string
28-11-2009, 04:57 PM
pretty much all the shit in this thread is irrelevant.....Jarks best thing is to save a bit more and get a DC2 type R........im pretty sure people wont argue that a type r shits all over a da and a crx......if your looking for handling then the type R is the car for u

Stock and stock, of course. When modified (i.e. a project car) all bets are off.

ninzee
29-11-2009, 02:08 AM
agree

LOl at reply's though... both are good cars, hence why i wanted one,

but i think im gonna get an EG/EK or DC2 Vtir instead...

I can't find a decent stockish crx that i like for sale.

I do miss my old crx but I want something a little larger.

i got 1 for sale pretty much stock besides i/h/e, coilovers and the jdm look but still have stockies, white bonnet and all stock parts if thats what your looking for.. hit me up if u want

ninzee
29-11-2009, 02:11 AM

get an eg bro there fkn sxc cars :) and you can get a b16a one for pretty cheap these dayz

BlitZ
10-02-2010, 01:36 PM

FARK.. the DA9 is 1300kg? thats heavier than EK4, DC2.. u sure?

EKVTIR-T
10-02-2010, 01:51 PM
Aus Spec Da9 is 1122kg according to Honda..

string
10-02-2010, 02:22 PM
And 1087kg according to the RTA.

dougie_504
11-02-2010, 12:28 AM
Everybody/thing says different - hard to tell...it's one thing from factory but if you have a sound system with a sub it'll go up in weight. Driver weight also has influence. Spare tyre etc...

You can make a lot of speed and better handling with weight reduction

slimx
12-02-2010, 10:14 AM
Did u buy it yet bro fuk u waited ages lol.

SLAVE
01-06-2010, 02:30 PM
Owned both cars.
Loved, and I mean LOVED the CRX, and the DA was just, dull. No other real word for it.

SlobberGoat
01-06-2010, 03:53 PM
As a current owner of 4 crxs, I think you should buy the DA!

(so I can buy the crx)

androo
01-06-2010, 11:53 PM
I've never liked the DA9... Drove one... Honestly think my carby EG and ED Civic were more fun... NOT saying that it's a bad car - Just wasn't for me.

Regardless, he's saying he wants an EG or DC2 now? Is it a project car? If so EG... Daily then DC2.