PDA

View Full Version : problem with speedo and vtec need help :(

juns
19-11-2009, 10:49 AM
i own a dc2 type r, well i've just changed my clutch and hence i took off the left and right driveshaft etc etc i took it for a spin and my speedo is stuck at 0km and vtec is also not engaging also there might be slight clicking on the drivers side anyone can give me a hand with this it'd be great :thumbsup:
cheers

bennjamin
19-11-2009, 10:51 AM
sounds like you left the VSS ( vehicle speed sensor) out of the diff housing OR didnt actually connect it. Recheck that it is connected

juns
19-11-2009, 11:05 AM
just checked it turns out it was the VVS cheers bennjamin! :D
would you have any idea on the clicking? it's worrying me, it's not like a loud click but really faint but you still can hear it

bennjamin
19-11-2009, 11:06 AM
would you have any idea on the clicking? it's worrying me, it's not like a loud click but really faint but you still can hear it

no worries easy mistake

as for clicking....is the VSS properly IN the diff housing ? that is , firmly IN and the small 10mm headed bolt tight ?
anything else you have not properly tigthened ?

juns
19-11-2009, 11:15 AM
no worries easy mistake

as for clicking....is the VSS properly IN the diff housing ? that is , firmly IN and the small 10mm headed bolt tight ?
anything else you have not properly tigthened ?

took at look at the bolts etc everything seems secure by look and touch, the problem only occurs when i'm in gear, would this have anything to do with shafts?

bennjamin
19-11-2009, 11:18 AM
drive along , get to a certain road speed say 50km/h and coast in neutral.
Is there still the noise? If its only whent he car is in gear and or accelerating look at mounts. Possible REAR engine mount loose or damaged ( engine pivots when accelerating)

Or possible issue with gearbox did you puit the correct fluid amouint back in ? (2.4l or so)

juns
19-11-2009, 11:24 AM
i can't really drive it around since my hood is off and there's no one to assist me putting it back on lol
um so the clicking can be caused by the lack of fluid? as i only have 2 litres in there and i think some came out when the gearbox was out

string
19-11-2009, 03:28 PM
Even if it's not the cause, make sure you have the full amount of fluid in the gearbox.

Possibly a silly answer, but do you have a rock in your tyre? Happens to me all the time.

WATAJK
19-11-2009, 04:25 PM

My DC5R has been making a click sound but its very faint as i come off the clutch..
From what i've heard its nuffin major, if its a LOUD click sound, could be ur slave cyclinder spring or its abit lose ur clutch pedal that is.

juns
19-11-2009, 06:35 PM
My DC5R has been making a click sound but its very faint as i come off the clutch..
From what i've heard its nuffin major, if its a LOUD click sound, could be ur slave cyclinder spring or its abit lose ur clutch pedal that is.

any idea what the faint clicking might be though?

WATAJK
19-11-2009, 09:03 PM
any idea what the faint clicking might be though?

It could be as it releases hitting plastic
Could require the pedal to be greased up
Clutch might needa be tightened..
Spring may need some grease..

Could be many things.. When my car goes in for its Service i will be mentionin it to Honda..
Let them deal wif it :)