PDA

View Full Version : twinloop rattling on idle

anzai
19-11-2009, 12:30 PM
hi guys, just got my twinloop installed yesterday. sounds good and all but when the car is idling this is how it sounds:

kThPbeivyk8

BAD RATTLE, any ideas? the rattling starts after i hit 3k on idle, but after driving it for like 5mins it doesnt rattle as loud.

i told the shop about this and he said if it still rattles after a few days to just bring it back.

Zilli
19-11-2009, 08:49 PM
mate it's very difficult to detect any rattling there at all... is it a cat back or just axle back? if it is rattling it could be a busted muffler, or a dodgey mount, or the system could even be fouling the chassis somewhere

take it back to the shop that did the work, either way im sure it's an easy fix

anzai
19-11-2009, 10:59 PM
mate it's very difficult to detect any rattling there at all... is it a cat back or just axle back? if it is rattling it could be a busted muffler, or a dodgey mount, or the system could even be fouling the chassis somewhere

take it back to the shop that did the work, either way im sure it's an easy fix

so that crackling noise at 30sec and after is normal do you reckon?

as i said after driving it around for a bit the sound will go away. but yea it gets really annoying thats all.

Limbo
19-11-2009, 11:04 PM
depends, i've seen quite a few that the inside baffle is stuffed which causes rattle

Zilli
20-11-2009, 07:43 AM
sorry i just interpreted that crackling as the sound some exhausts make on over-run... didnt hear any rattling...

cymax
20-11-2009, 09:56 AM
I think that's normal. My mate's twin loop has that metallic sound similar to your 30 sec mark