PDA

View Full Version : Air Box

Dream`R
22-11-2003, 06:05 PM
Anyone know if the Vtir and gsi air boxes are the same? I'm assuming that they are but just want confirmation from someone that definately knows.

jansenrw
23-11-2003, 10:37 AM
diff plenium therefore different boxes...

tanghy
23-11-2003, 03:17 PM
same box diff arm

joneblaze
23-11-2003, 09:03 PM
same box diff arm

yeah jason im pretty sure the airbox itself is exactly identical...however the arm on the VTiR has another kinda "extra" mini arm/chamber that runs along for abit..... :roll:
forgive me if ive mislead... lol.

Boost
10-12-2003, 09:55 AM
does anyone know if K&N or other manufacturers produce a panel filter NOT a pod that will fit inside theair box or a vtiR. Cause i have found that a pod replacement sucks in hot air from the engine bay and power decreases. So you are better off having the stock assembly left as it is, unless you can get a pod filter to fit inside the box leaving all piping the way it is. In my vtiR i left the box with the original panel filter and removed all the stanard piping, cause if you follow the pipes you will notice it is redirected straight back into the engine bay, so it sucks hot air again, stupid huh? So i removed the original pipes and used flexi pipes, bent it around and under so that now it sucks cold air striaght from the front of the car. Performance increase is noticeable but i wont to replace the stock panel filter. Anyone know of any panel or pod that will fit inside a box?

tanghy
10-12-2003, 10:22 AM
since you're so smart why didn't you figure out integra has pod filters from the factory?

ginganggooly
10-12-2003, 12:10 PM
you have a civic vti-r i'm guessing boost, right?... only vti-r i can think of with a panel filter is a civic..

Boost
10-12-2003, 12:18 PM
tanghy: sorry, i was looking at pics of civics and writing up post in here talking about pods. Yeh, my mistake, i mean i have a stock pod.

giganggooly: yeh i have a pod, not a pabel. i looked further into the forum and found the knN pod that will fit it.

VTEC16
29-12-2003, 01:21 PM
i hate pabel filters.....panel filters flow soo much better :P

b16a_integra
29-12-2003, 03:53 PM
why dont you cut out your box so a pod filter can fit, then you got the best of both worlds, dont you...

olda
01-01-2004, 06:54 PM
why dont you cut out your box so a pod filter can fit, then you got the best of both worlds, dont you...

For VTiR TEG.
No need to cut out your air box!
It's not a big deal to adopt K&N filter to fit the intake tube and keep it inside the box.
You will need 1 old OEM filter to ply with.
Cut most of the crap off and keep the flange.
K&N filter GA RC 2710 will fit over the flange.
Filter comes with clamp.
Remove also the resonator inside the right guard.
Replace the original tubing after the resonator with suitable PVC tube
from Bunnings and point it towards the front.
Congratulation!
You just got yourself a CAI!!!! Cheap!!!!
8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

fried
01-01-2004, 07:26 PM
what piping from bunnings.... ive been, couldnt find suitable piping.....

tanghy
01-01-2004, 07:57 PM
better if you look harder and look for the direct replacement from k/n

olda
05-01-2004, 07:51 PM
what piping from bunnings.... ive been, couldnt find suitable piping.....

O.K. First of all, u have to measure the dia of the U shape pipe which goes to the resonator.
I think something in the region of 50 mm dia. But u better check. It's been a while since i did mine.
PVC clear tube u get from Bunnings for sure. I got mine from there.
Good luck! 8) 8) 8)

wynode
05-01-2004, 09:49 PM
I'm sure ginganggooly posted some pics about this before.... I suggest some of you SEARCH first, then post.