PDA

View Full Version : GPS for 04 Accord Euro

akzz
22-11-2009, 08:54 PM
Hello Guys,

I was just wondering, has anyone retrofitted the GPS unit frm the 06+ models into the earlier Euro models?

I tried to do a search but came up with nothing. How hard is it to do?

rayd
22-11-2009, 11:52 PM
very , very hard and expensive:

take a look here:

http://www.tsxclub.com/forums/1st-gen-image-gallery/15254-finally-done-navi-conversion.html

Xplodin
23-11-2009, 09:02 AM
ahhh it shouldn't be that hard at all if you have all the wiring and components for the sat nav.

The TSX Sat Nav is WAY WAY different to ours.... looks nothing like the Euro Sat Nav. The Euro Sat Nav is shared with the Accord more so than the TSX.

TSX has the DVD ROM in the Boot as we have them in the Centre Console. By looks of things after taking mine apart it looks quite easy... but that said i had mine from factory... just make sure u have the wireing harness... and of course all the bits that go with the sat nav.

blk05gli
24-11-2009, 10:32 PM
and don't forget $$$ for the:

- navigation unit
- gps receiver
- facia - $150 from honda
- digital display above the air vents -
- centre storage dual lid and dvd rom drive
- various harnesses

i have explored this option earlier on and it is much easier to buy a euro with factory navigation. BTW, Toyota's are piss easy to swap from cd to nav - its a all in one unit, though $2800 is steep!

rodericb
03-12-2009, 08:44 PM
Dumb map discs are $550 or thereabouts too. You can buy a good handheld unit for less than just the maps upgrade disc. I have the factory Satnav and for regular commuting and driving it's more a novelty for the pretty coloured screens for the A/C and audio.

NDU19E
05-12-2009, 08:47 AM
not worth it buddy.

Here is my setup. Cost me 2500 and it includes nav, analogue tv, usb connectivity and ipod.

http://i621.photobucket.com/albums/tt293/ndu19e/6753048.jpg

snYpz
06-12-2009, 09:41 AM
^ yeah i have also considered installing a GPS system in that compartment. The only thing that put me off was that you would have to look all the way down to look at the unit, which wouldnt be very convenient whilst driving

SRVTIR
10-12-2009, 11:51 AM
that looks sex ndu19e! :P

NDU19E
10-12-2009, 01:14 PM
thanks moite!

[ IV 23 VI ]
10-12-2009, 03:05 PM
$2500 is really expensive for aftermarket,

Pioneer Double Din GPS Master units with all the same features sell for like $500 at jb hifi on sale now..

You could probably have done the Original Nav conversion for that price with 2nd hand screen and nav drive. other parts would have to be new.

NDU19E
10-12-2009, 10:11 PM
nahh mate,

id like to see it.. does this model your referring to let you sms from your deck??? no lol lmao

[ IV 23 VI ]
11-12-2009, 05:19 AM
Probably not,

But who needs to sms from there deck?

Its a feature just for show, that most people will never use, due to the fact that its almost impossible to sms from your head deck whilst driving.

But like I said 2.5k is a very expensive option, when it can be done for around $600 to get a nav master unit and a double din fasica kit.

That money could be spent better else where on the car.

SRVTIR
11-12-2009, 07:07 AM
this coming from guy who bought rims for 9grand and sold them for half price?? hmmm lmao. Your in the worst position to mention spending money elsewhere lmao

ndu19e your set up is mint man. i would love to sms from my deck lmao hahaha thats sick!!! imagine that, sittin at the lights and your reading your sms from your deck.. lmao

does it recieve picture messages? hahahaha

[ IV 23 VI ]
11-12-2009, 08:50 AM
Okay obviously you dont know what your talking about..

I didnt sell my 9k wheels for half price..?

Also wheels are the most important part of a ride, they make or break a car.

Also I said for 2.5k he could of installed a OEM Navi in his car.

So maybe u might need to do some more research. hmmm lmao.

SRVTIR
11-12-2009, 09:39 AM
lmao which wouldnt have newest maps, which wouldnt have tv, which wouldnt have sms function and bluetooth, not to mention ipod connectivity, hdd capability, music video's, mp3 cd capability, data cd capability...

nahh yeah your right.. Ndu19e, what were you thinking? L M A O! OWNED!

jd_911
11-12-2009, 10:11 AM
^ i didn't know my system needed all that whilst driving :eek: lol

NDU19E, why u selling man?

cars mint!

[ IV 23 VI ]
11-12-2009, 10:12 AM
You can get new maps, tv reception would be shit anyways on analogue, as its not digital, they support blutooth im pretty sure? sms function is useless, Ipod can be connected as long as you have a adaptor or vias, hdd doesnt mean anything if it aint, got a biuilt in HDD drive.. music videos and mp3's will work maybe need a navi hack. or just play off a ipod and use the Screen for display.

OEM is better, everyone knows that especially with resale value,

OWNED, i dont think so! far from it..

I have a similar setup to Ndulge, but would take oem any day over it.

NDU19E
11-12-2009, 10:23 AM
ahhhh... whats goin on here? lmao hahahaha

everybody is different.. i spent it coz i love my gadgets...

jd i dont want to sell it, i got engaged.. which means wedding, which means house and kids lmao so i dont wanna have this burden of a car on my shoulders :) i love her though.. hopefully i get to keep her... haha

IV 23 VI - man, your opinion and all but thats what i wanted.. i wanted gadgets.. and as far as selling point goes, its probably more of a selling point. tv signal isnt shit.. digital cuts out to blue, analogue stays on and goes fuzzy.. and i get a free upgrade to digital when analogue stops broadcasting lmao.... But each to their own i guess. lmao

SRVTIR - are you in love with my car or somthing lmao??? no pic messages but.. SPEWING lmao

how about we all shut up :) my car, my money, my decision! dont like it? get F***d! .... in a nice way that is... :P

[ IV 23 VI ]
11-12-2009, 10:29 AM
hahah no worries, bro.

gl with the sale anyways man, I vouched for u in ur fs thread yesterday.

Why aint u selling it with the wheels?

NDU19E
11-12-2009, 10:34 AM
well i dunno.. they are sittin there in my backyard collecting dust lmao

i didnt think it would sell with them on and plus i prefer stockies with white walls anyday lol

SRVTIR
11-12-2009, 10:42 AM
good luck with the sale ndu19e!

jd_911
11-12-2009, 10:47 AM
well i dunno.. they are sittin there in my backyard collecting dust lmao

i didnt think it would sell with them on and plus i prefer stockies with white walls anyday lol

yeah looks heaps cleaner with the stockies! Remember the difference from that silverwater meet compared to homebush one.

good luck with the sale man

photo-shoot? :)

[ IV 23 VI ]
11-12-2009, 10:48 AM
Thro the wheels on sexspec or boostcruising, they will sell.

[ IV 23 VI ]
11-12-2009, 10:50 AM
Jason, u always get ur coment in b4 me man hahah lol

Dean, What u planning on getting next? just a runaround? nothing flashy.

NDU19E
11-12-2009, 10:53 AM
i want a xr8 .. been a ford boy since i got my p's. i was gunna buy a second car but the money went to the ring instead lmao

i lined up a ba xr8 but obviously, nothing i can do till this is sold..

mind you, i cant sell her for nothin so ill keep for a while :)

did you sell yours??

JD - Yeah i remember man.. we gotta do another meet up soon :)

[ IV 23 VI ]
11-12-2009, 11:07 AM
No I didnt, I have slowly stripped it bit by bit, and plan on selling it stock for the going stock price,

Ford, I like the new ones, the bright green, red, orange, yellow, blue with the black front ends all the police have them as indercovers.

NDU19E
11-12-2009, 11:08 AM
yeah i know.. i wish i had one of them lmao