PDA

View Full Version : eg6 climate control compatible with eg4

VTC-8OY
23-11-2009, 12:34 AM
as title says.. is it direct plug and play??

or does anyone know if i can buy the adjustable switch for the temperature by itself? as my one has snapped off and its really hard to move left and right to adjust temp..

mocchi
23-11-2009, 05:51 AM
no its not. you need to have the heater control from eg6.
the temp slide lever on eg6 is not mechanical like audm.

audm ones is hooked with a wire. (needs abit more force to move)
eg6 one controlled electronically. (smooth levering action :D)

i hope that makes sense.

yes you can buy the climate control unit by itself and replace that.
im not sure if you just want to replace the lever, or the whole climate control unit.
i think it's alot easier to just replace the whole unit.

audm unit might cost $50-150, depending on where you buy (rip off wreckers or whatnot)

VTC-8OY
24-11-2009, 02:43 AM
thanks for the info... if i can im only after the lever itself as my unit stil works perfectly fine just dat its hard to adjust since its snapped..

mocchi
24-11-2009, 06:36 AM
thanks for the info... if i can im only after the lever itself as my unit stil works perfectly fine just dat its hard to adjust since its snapped..

you have no idea how hard it is to take the unit out.

VTC-8OY
24-11-2009, 11:35 AM
lol u have no idea.. ive taken it out before already few times, ive got small screwdrivers to get to the screws and i know exactley where theyre located.. its not hard after the first time.

Chi
24-11-2009, 11:51 AM
JDM Climate control also lights up amber haha.

I've got the whole swap for sale if interested.

mocchi
24-11-2009, 03:45 PM
lol u have no idea.. ive taken it out before already few times, ive got small screwdrivers to get to the screws and i know exactley where theyre located.. its not hard after the first time.

sorry i didnt know youre such a pro :(

jusybabe
18-08-2010, 11:34 AM
my arm lever for the hot/cold has snapped off too. I went to the wreckers the other day and pulled the plastic arm bit arm off...but it was a bitch to get out..and we broke the surrounding plastic unit.
So...I have no idea HOW to get the old plastic arm out of my car and put the good one back in without breaking the surrounding console? -_-" any tips??

VT3C
18-08-2010, 06:20 PM
ive taken it out before already few times, ive got small screwdrivers to get to the screws and i know exactley where theyre located.. its not hard after the first time.

care to share ? i've had a JDM climate control unit sitting on the shelf for like 3 years but for the life of me I cant get the old unit out.. cant get teh stoopid aftermarket CD player out either :(

Giraffe
18-08-2010, 07:32 PM
my arm lever for the hot/cold has snapped off too. I went to the wreckers the other day and pulled the plastic arm bit arm off...but it was a bitch to get out..and we broke the surrounding plastic unit.
So...I have no idea HOW to get the old plastic arm out of my car and put the good one back in without breaking the surrounding console? -_-" any tips??

happen to me aswell, i was planning to super glue the level back in LOLOL

90LAN
18-08-2010, 07:35 PM
it has screws at the back of the unit

if you can get a screwdriver behind the unit it is easy
then it slides back out

easy to just take dash out and acces the screws that day

really depends how handy you are with the screw driver

quangsuke
19-08-2010, 12:19 AM

then it slides back out

easy to just take dash out and acces the screws that day

another way is to remove the plastic cluster piece. and access it from the top.

VT3C
19-08-2010, 01:29 PM
then it slides back out easy to just take dash out and acces the screws that day

Thanks Lan !! ohh i AM handy with the screwdriver HAHA. I think because i dont have those security key things for the CD player, that might be why I cant get it out.. I tried wrenching the whole CD Player chassis out and bending back all the tabs and still no joy..

another way is to remove the plastic cluster piece. and access it from the top.

I removed all of the trims and that screw you are talking about (including the one on the back of the unit) and still no joy.. I was trying to remove the whole dash at the time and the whole thing was wobbling around but seemed to have one screw somewhere hiding HAHA. it was a few years ago now so maybe when i am bored i will try n get the dash out again - i want to remove the A/c under-dash parts anyway..