PDA

View Full Version : Gearbox problem?

Ruben
23-11-2009, 12:59 PM
hey guys. My car is a 93 prelude manual, and since about 2 days it has become harder to change gears. Meaning when i shift, the gearstick will take a bit of force to change from third to forth and forth to third. Is this easily fixed or a big problem? =[

Ive tried changing gears while the car is off and it changes smoothly, its only when the car is on. so maybe the clutch ?

Ive had this car for about 6 months, never thrashed it, driven normally and its done about 200, 000km

gumus89
24-11-2009, 01:17 AM
I doubt its the clutch, due to the fact that you would hear grinding if it wasnt disengaging.
You wouldnt happened to have miss shifted from 1st to second recently while hooning?

JSpec3
29-11-2009, 09:56 PM
I had similar things happen, especially for those 2 gears, for a little while and then it got stuck in 4th and wouldn't come out. I'm now replacing my gearbox.....not sure what occured though, I'm yet to pull the box apart to look inside.

Honwent
30-11-2009, 06:28 PM
check that the engine/gearbox mounts are alright. a cracked or broken mount that allows excess engine/g'box movement may make shifting difficult.

Niche14
01-12-2009, 06:25 PM
btw how muc would it be it fix the linkages in the gearbox? i think mine are out of place, wont let me in reverse..