PDA

View Full Version : strut bar

bestjazz101
23-11-2009, 03:27 PM
Hey guys i have a front strut bar installed and i also have a back one but i havent installed the back yet, because i have a huge amp and cap at the back im thinking is it worth all the effort of mounting the amp and cap sumwhere else to install the back strut or will it not really make much diff? let me know if the back strut makes a big diff?

fillit
23-11-2009, 04:45 PM
ah i have a front and back strut, well i got my car off M@LEW and his done everything already so i cant really comment on the before and afters, however i definitely find i can turn alot faster and the feel feels tighter then what i was expecting, oh and my amp is mounted on the back of the backseats

sassy_fit_vtit
23-11-2009, 08:02 PM
I had the 2 amps fitted to the back of my seats and i managed to squeeze the rear strut on, It does make a difference with the handling, but then again i had a rear chassie strengtheners on as well

dns
16-05-2011, 11:12 AM
hey guys didnt want to make a new thread but can anyone tell me what bolts to use to install in the front. i cant find any that dont look like they would thread out the hole...

GU357
19-05-2011, 03:16 AM
With my one i found 2 holes on each side of the engine bay near the struts. they were covered with black stickers.

the strut bar i have has 12mm bolt holes, but the engine bay has ~8mm holes, so I'm going to drill the holes out in the engine bay to 12mm.
that way a 12mm bolt will fit with a nut and washer on the bottom end of the bolt.
http://i1184.photobucket.com/albums/z332/GU357/diagrams/frontstrut.png
(btw: this picture isnt very accurate there's also the shock absorber there but i didnt put it in because its hard to draw and cbb)
the nut and washer can be held in place for tightening from under the mudguard

i hope u like my drawing xD

edit: by the way one of the holes on the left is a square so i attached the strut to all the other holes first and tightened it up in place then drilled down the square through the hole on the strut bar mounting
its important that u drill that hole out last if u do it first it might not be centralized properly.

also i decided to attach mine upside down (the bolts) so the nuts are on top.http://i1184.photobucket.com/albums/z332/GU357/diagrams/bolt.png

ill post pics later on of the completed job.

dns
21-05-2011, 10:28 PM
im not too keen on drilling. might have to find a a bolt that just fits and use a washer and washers and nut like you have. thanks for the input!

GU357
21-05-2011, 11:12 PM
oh so u want to use an ~8ml bolt and put an extra large nut/washer to open it up large enough to fit the hole in the strut?

Hmm.

it is designed so that u drill it tho, but u can try it if u wish, it wont be as stiff tho and those things will be hard to find