PDA

View Full Version : Brake Fluid

SINISTR
24-11-2004, 01:08 PM
alright - following on from my previous post about brake pads... on the weekend I developed a bit too much temperature in my brake fluid, causing it to have an airbubble in the lines somewhere - in conclusion causing the pedal to sink to the floor when too hot, heating up my disks and wheels and having to pump the brake to Stop!

anyways - im going to flush the system with some new fluid... whatz out there thats better than the normal stuff - something with say higher boiling point anotherwords?

cheers

Mike

SPEEDCORE
24-11-2004, 04:23 PM
Ummm over heating the brakes/fluid will not cause you to get air bubbles into the brake system. Acutal air already in there and water is what will get "air bubbles" to form, not over boiling brake fluid.

I would personally check the condition of your brake lines and any leaks in the whole brake system if you experienced that dramatic loss of pedal.

:(

ECU-MAN
24-11-2004, 10:43 PM
you might also be needing a master cylinder overhaul

SINISTR
25-11-2004, 12:22 AM
the only thing is guys the brakes are fine when the cars been standing for a while, when i get some temp into them and into the fluid they start loosing grip.

Ive had that happen to me after a race day once - changed the fluid and its been fine for almost 2yrs.
Just this past saturday I was at a mates house - standing outside his house talking with my foot on the brake for a good 15minutes, then about 10 mins after while at a set of lights - foot started dropping to the ground... thats the problem...