PDA

View Full Version : ignition leads

slimx
23-11-2009, 10:18 PM
hey guys i gotta Integra DA9 with a 2001 engine GSi b18b engine.

and i got my hands on some new ignition leads that are red but OFF A DC5 typeR, could i just chuck these on my car and use'm? or .. are ignition leads made specific, it is the same length and size.. im just curious is there anytihng i need to know before i go blowing something lol

mocchi
24-11-2009, 06:51 AM
hey guys i gotta Integra DA9 with a 2001 engine GSi b18b engine.

and i got my hands on some new ignition leads that are red but OFF A DC5 typeR, could i just chuck these on my car and use'm? or .. are ignition leads made specific, it is the same length and size.. im just curious is there anytihng i need to know before i go blowing something lol

b18b has 9.2:1 compression
k20a2 has 11:1.

even if the gap is the same, i wouldnt use it because the type r leads most likely to be 1 step colder than the stock b18b leads.

but i dont have the gsi service manual nor dc5 service manual so i cant
be absolutely certain in terms of heat rating and gap.

afaik dc5 itr stock use iridium while b18b stock use platinum?

ECU-MAN
24-11-2009, 08:23 AM
b18b has 9.2:1 compression
k20a2 has 11:1.

even if the gap is the same, i wouldnt use it because the type r leads most likely to be 1 step colder than the stock b18b leads.

but i dont have the gsi service manual nor dc5 service manual so i cant
be absolutely certain in terms of heat rating and gap.

afaik dc5 itr stock use iridium while b18b stock use platinum?

sorry dude.

ignition leads dont use heat ranges or gaps. I think your getting mixed up with spark plugs.

as for the original question, you need GSI leads, a DC5 uses coil packs and not leads. you might have a set of DC2R leads that will be fine if they fit correctly.

make sure you get them on in the correct order and you will be fine

mocchi
24-11-2009, 08:27 AM
sorry dude.

ignition leads dont use heat ranges or gaps. I think your getting mixed up with spark plugs.

as for the original question, you need GSI leads, a DC5 uses coil packs and not leads. you might have a set of DC2R leads that will be fine if they fit correctly.

make sure you get them on in the correct order and you will be fine

oh hahah lol. yea i was thinking spark plugs!! k20 doesnt use distributor.
sorry about the misunderstanding.

slimx
25-11-2009, 06:43 PM
so basically long as they fit its all good? thanks champ and yeh i think they are DC2 maybe lol 2001 Type R Motor? I assume thats DC5 lol
anyways
thanks again

ECU-MAN
26-11-2009, 08:43 AM
2001 is still DC2, but the last of them