PDA

View Full Version : dc2 vtir clutch

Stevo77
24-11-2009, 03:00 AM
Hey guys, my clutch is on its way out now.. Ive taken it to 2 mechanics and both have said its the clutch.. Its making a strange noise when the friction point engages and gear changes are clunky and does'nt feel healthy.. Now ive been quoted around $950 for a Exedy heavy duty organic clutch installed and machined flywheel. I just wanted to know if that sounds like a decent price or if i should shop around more.. Soo if anyone could give me a ball park figure on what the Exedy clutch installed and machined flywheel should cost id greatly appreciate it..

Oh.. and also it would be great if u could suggest some good mechanics in Sydney who you would recommend to change the clutch etc.

Thanks in advance..
Stephen.

GSi_PSi
24-11-2009, 03:08 AM
hmm bitt muchh.. you can source an exedy for around 300 or so, pm me if u want details, machining a flywheel shouldnt be more than 50 bux and just get someone to install your clutch for u, look around garage will charge you 250-350 or find a backyarder to do it for cheaper

Stevo77
24-11-2009, 03:11 AM
yeah thought it was a bit much.. i probably am better off sourcing the clutch and just getting a mechanic to install it and machine the flywheel.. ill pm u now bout the clutch..
cheers..