PDA

View Full Version : Ek lowering spings

hondaEK4
24-11-2009, 09:33 AM
Wondering if anyone might give me some ideas for some lowering springs that would work good with some stock EK shocks?

StrawberryFace
24-11-2009, 09:44 AM
peddars, 5zigen the list goes on and on plenty to choose from out there depending on your budget.

hondaEK4
24-11-2009, 11:19 AM
peddars, 5zigen the list goes on and on plenty to choose from out there depending on your budget.

oh okay, was kinda wondering if anyone's experienced with any of them, directing me to springs that are comfortable and work well with the stock shocks

EK1.6LCIV
24-11-2009, 11:35 AM
I personally wouldn't put any other springs on stock shocks, as they're a good decade old as it is.

Basically they were designed with a spring of a specific design and changing that spring to one with different values can effect the life of the standard shock.

StrawberryFace
24-11-2009, 12:02 PM
oh okay, was kinda wondering if anyone's experienced with any of them, directing me to springs that are comfortable and work well with the stock shocks

yeh ive had peddars and now ive got the 5zigen on my stock shocks and they both are a comfortable drive stiff not bouncy but the drop is like 2-2.5 inch any lower then that then it becomes uncomfortable and bouncy etc. hope that helps

hondaEK4
24-11-2009, 01:10 PM
I personally wouldn't put any other springs on stock shocks, as they're a good decade old as it is.

Basically they were designed with a spring of a specific design and changing that spring to one with different values can effect the life of the standard shock.

i wouldn't agree more, but i wouldn'tbe able to afford coil-overs. This is probably the only way i could get it lower. Just wanted to see what others have used and see what would be a good set to buy.

hondaEK4
24-11-2009, 01:10 PM
yeh ive had peddars and now ive got the 5zigen on my stock shocks and they both are a comfortable drive stiff not bouncy but the drop is like 2-2.5 inch any lower then that then it becomes uncomfortable and bouncy etc. hope that helps

Okay thanks alot man, ill probly check out peddars

EK1.6LCIV
24-11-2009, 01:23 PM
I would think it'd be in your best interest to save the money you have until you have enough for coilovers, stock it isn't too bad compared to other models

I'm only pushing coilovers as if you get a spring height you aren't too fond of after several speed bumps and dodgey driveways, you can adjust them to suit the conditions of your daily routine :) there's also the benefits of dampener adjustments which is another topic altogether but worth considering in terms of what you're after

Alvis
30-11-2009, 11:21 PM
Yep, I agree. Best to save your money for coilovers. While I personally don't have a suspension set up on my Civic yet, I have heard the Tein Super Street coilovers are the way to go. They are a Jap shock conditioned for our more bumpy (ie pot-holed) Australian roads - and fully adjustable too.

The below video below might be helpful:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yJ4FgIAnjY&feature=player_embedded

beeza
30-11-2009, 11:26 PM
Yes,save and wait man.I replaced my springs with king lows,still got the stock shocks but am replacing them all now.It has been good to me but there are much better options,best to wait.Do it once and do it right is the key to cars.

drated
09-12-2009, 11:31 AM
I have had pedders with stock shocks and they fairly comfy but now have coilover which are better coz at the lowest setting its much more comfy than the springs and i can still get the car low. I have now got BC racing coilovers and they not too expensive esp when you weigh up having to get springs and shocks to get a good combination.

beeza
09-12-2009, 11:32 AM
What coilovers?

drated
11-12-2009, 08:41 PM
BC racing coilovers

beeza
12-12-2009, 01:17 PM
Nice,They seems real good,I would have bought them if I didn't buy the KYB gas shocks and whiteline springs.I dunno,for the track the coilovers are best but my cars a daily and I'm a sucker for comfort,I just couldn't see myself as comfortable with coilovers.I could be wrong but $1600 was not worth the risk.

drated
14-12-2009, 11:46 AM
Nice,They seems real good,I would have bought them if I didn't buy the KYB gas shocks and whiteline springs.I dunno,for the track the coilovers are best but my cars a daily and I'm a sucker for comfort,I just couldn't see myself as comfortable with coilovers.I could be wrong but $1600 was not worth the risk.

Realli i only paid 1400 for mine , thats why i got them . How much did your set cost ya ?

beeza
14-12-2009, 12:05 PM
That's a good price!

Mine were $600 for the both,but it's not just the money,I'm 34 and had lower back issues from bodyboarding 17 years,so,need a nice and comfy ride.

bambi
09-09-2010, 05:45 PM
for those of you who used pedders did you go the low or super low option? i just did some measurements and the low doesnt look like its gonna be much of a drop at all but the super low might be a bit intense :S

blabla
09-09-2010, 06:01 PM
PEDDERS ARE S*&T! I have them and hate them never want to touch their springs again !!!! CRAP CRAP CRAP!!!!