PDA

View Full Version : EBAY CHIP Resistor Intake Airflow Temperature (IAT) Sensor

kairi_k
24-11-2009, 06:28 PM
Hi has anyone tried out this mod?

A resistor connects to the Intake Airflow Temperature (IAT) Sensor that adjusts the air/fuel ratio to increase torque and hp? theoretically i can understand how it works, but is it a waste of money, has anyone tried out this? im a bit skeptical, but with thousands sold. maybe it works.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Mod-Chip-Suits-Honda-Prelude-Accord-CRV-HRV-S2000LS_W0QQitemZ220513073662QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAU _Car_Parts_Accessories?hash=item33579a79fe

Latino CRX
24-11-2009, 09:05 PM
haha dont bother man just a waist of time n money ..

Limbo
24-11-2009, 11:08 PM
lets just say if it was that cheap to get the car to make that much more power the manufacturers would have done it already.

ALso every tune shop would be selling them rather than providing other mods

Mugen Civic
24-11-2009, 11:15 PM
isn't it just a resistor to simulate a cold engine so it dumps more fuel in the engine?

Chriskoss
24-11-2009, 11:20 PM
Yep, ****s up your ECU settings

bought one years ago, thinking it'd be an actual chip, its just a tiny, 0.1c piece of crap that can brake if u blow air onto it

was sent in an empty envelope, found it in the corner stuck, thought it was empty was about to throw it away lol

dont bother

Latino CRX
24-11-2009, 11:24 PM
haha did u get the one that looked like somethin u get from a electronic shop with tiny ass wires on both ends :p

ASSaZiN
25-11-2009, 12:13 AM
haha i have a few of those resistors laying around, its a waste of time believe me. Just get some PVC pipe connect it to your airbox and run to somewhere on the front bar of your car where it will suck in alot of cold air. Same effect, cheaper, and its actually is sucking cold air not some stupid simulation.

Sleepy.
25-11-2009, 12:29 AM
Id stay away from this ebay chip.

lithium
25-11-2009, 10:22 AM
isn't it just a resistor to simulate a cold engine so it dumps more fuel in the engine?

+1 :)
generally speaking they don't work. your EFI ECU contains many different fuel/timing maps. the one that is selected for use at any given time depends on a combination of variables such as engine load, engine speed, throttle position, long term fuel trims, short term fuel trims, intake air mass and finally intake air temp.

the ebay resistor works by changing the intake air temp that your ECU senses to an incorrect value. it causes the ECU to select a different (and in general suboptimal) fuel/timing map. this will generally speaking not improve performance.

kairi_k
25-11-2009, 02:16 PM
thanks guys

"The “chip module” is pretty much a con. It is simply a (330ohm ± 5% I think) resistor with some instructions on how to poke it into the air intake temperature sensor and create a higher resistance bridge and then use your own plastic bag and cable tie to protect it from moisture. I was pretty unimpressed. It may work but at least it could be dressed up a bit for the price".

UkuleleGod
25-11-2009, 02:55 PM
My friend had one of these in his AE93 Rolla. He said it felt like it gave him a bit of a performance boost, but he ended up taking it out because it buggered up his fuel economy massively.

Also, it is the dodgiest modification I have ever seen. If get ready to have a shitty taped/bagged up thing floating around in your engine bay.

Chriskoss
25-11-2009, 03:01 PM
haha did u get the one that looked like somethin u get from a electronic shop with tiny ass wires on both ends :p

Yep, you could buy them anywhere for like 50c probs, but they fkn write some BS story and charge you 20 dollars with FREE FREE FREEEEEEEE postage.. such a scum

pinoy-boi
25-11-2009, 04:22 PM
lol. ive herd of engines blowing up using dat sh**. lol tricking ur ECU into thinking smething it shuldnt seems like a big no no.

search up sme other of the so called "chip module" on ebay "US" and just look at all the complaints

Chriskoss
25-11-2009, 09:20 PM
ahahha I messaged the seller OP posted up at the start of thread

read this lollolol

''Dear shopping_highway,

Hey! Your chip sounds so awesome. Just wondering, I have a honda civic and I want it to sound and be fast as those fast and furious cars, 20hp sounds like alot, will this do it for me? Sounds like a quality ECU performance part! thanks so much''

- integra_da9

Dear integra_da9,

''Hi

The power gain is UP TO 20hp and it depends on the status of your engine. I used to have it on my own Integra and beside testing, i noticed a smoother acceleration.''

- shopping_highway

Lol, how can it depend on 'status of engine'

I should have asked '' hey i herd this was a peice of crap little resister you can buy for three cents and all you do is shuv it down your engines throat to **** it up, wow can i buy a gazillion? lol

So funny how he completely ignored my question and just repeated what he says in the add ''UP TO'' 2hp. could mean -20 hp gain lol

hisoka
25-11-2009, 09:39 PM
cool 20hp, i just bought one of his ebay site. that a waste of money my headers were when i can get easy 20hp from this

Chriskoss
26-11-2009, 12:26 AM
What? so your saying its good? lol

hisoka
26-11-2009, 12:27 AM
well i dont know yet, iam waiting for it to be posted, iam sure 20hp is awsome for my car,

Limbo
26-11-2009, 11:56 AM
now i know why your face looks like that hisoka LOL

hisoka
26-11-2009, 12:39 PM
i knew chriskross would beleive me, lol i didnt think you would limbo LOL.

this thead is the lamest shit on ozhonda, as if any retard would buy this~

pinoy-boi
26-11-2009, 12:56 PM

Abit harsh HISOKA. lol, hes asking to try find out abt things, he will neva kno if he neva asks :p

Chriskoss
26-11-2009, 06:08 PM
Hisoka for prime minister

u mad?
26-11-2009, 06:31 PM

:thumbsup:

kairi_k
26-11-2009, 08:50 PM
ahhah funny sh!t SCAM

Chriskoss
26-11-2009, 09:03 PM
p.s its chriskoss not chriskross ..... vegeta, wait i mean hisoka

hisoka
26-11-2009, 09:04 PM
lol ok man

Chriskoss