PDA

View Full Version : EK Parkers

A'PEXi
22-11-2003, 08:37 PM
thought i'd fit some parkers today and have encountered a small problem and looking to seek some help :D RHS parker easy, either turn the lightbulb casing and it comes out, or disconnect the wire then turn the lightbulb casing and it comes out.... LHS slightly harder, water and power steering fluid in the way.... ontop of this, theres all this other stuff in the way like wires etc. anyway, i managed to move this stuff aside and get to the wiring/casing..... tried turning, twisting, pulling, and the dam thing wouldnt come out, stuck fuggin hardddddd..... any tips/ideas? :P

Location of parker (indicated in red circle), LHS EK.
http://home.iprimus.com.au/rayhui/parker.jpg

dcii_sir
22-11-2003, 10:39 PM
Hi dude.. tough luck mate.. I think all honda civics are like that too.. My EG civic had the same problem.. and i badly scratched my hands too but I did manage to get it out. You can actually lift up the bottles there and get someone with relatively small hands to work their way around that.. you make sure you know which way to turn it. I managed to get the thing out after like 15 - 20 mins which should really just take 1 min. If that still doesnt work.. you'll need to take off the bumper.. and the headlights.. which isnt really that long.. probaly 5 - 10 mins and another 5 - 10 mins to put it back.. Cheers bro.. hope that helps..

A'PEXi
23-11-2003, 01:37 AM
yeh very annoying, they turn the same way on both sides right?...... couldn't experiment much with all the s*#* in the way...

dcii_sir
23-11-2003, 02:05 AM
yeah mate.. they both turn the same way.. anti clock wise (if you're behind the lights)... but since u will be in front.. its turning clock wise.. good luck man..

SiR
23-11-2003, 04:58 AM
yep, it's an absolute biatch...
the car manual should be handy if you have access to one :)

ICVCI
23-11-2003, 04:06 PM
see where the power steering fluid is yeah, u can actually slide that up and move it to side to make enuff room to get a hands in there...

euro77
23-11-2003, 04:24 PM
Yeah, you can lift up the power steering container and should give enough room for your hand to reach into the parker light. I've changed the parker lights on my civic as well.

A'PEXi
23-11-2003, 04:54 PM
yeh, i managed to move it around a bit.... got to the back of it but still wouldn't come out.... found out a new way from fellow honda-tech peeps..... apparently you will be able to reach it, if you turn your front wheels and pull back the plastic cover...... will try it tommrow if i have time and get some pics if it works :D

thanks for the replies peoples :D

genesis
24-11-2003, 09:30 AM
Could have just taken off your bumper bar and undo the bolts holding your headlight in.

A'PEXi
24-11-2003, 05:50 PM
no worries, all done without having to remove the bumper :)

http://home.iprimus.com.au/rayhui/parker2.jpg

euro77
24-11-2003, 06:15 PM
Nice colour.. what is it? purple? pink? :roll:

mo
24-11-2003, 08:59 PM
Nice colour.. what is it? purple? pink? :roll:

it's his dodgy camera...he made his car look pink before! LOL

A'PEXi
24-11-2003, 09:18 PM
its meant to be like hyperwhiteish?? :) .... lol mo :D

SiR
24-11-2003, 09:45 PM
On the topic of parkers, my left one blew tonight :( I've been using my Bosch ones for well over 2 1/2 years now so I guess it's had a reasonable shelf-life.

Anyway, before I can get my hands on some new bulbs, I want to fit back the old ones cos there just isn't enough light for night driving at the moment. However, when I removed the old bulbs, I remember touching them with my bare hands. Now I know that's a big no-no cos oils from our fingers/hands will cause the bulb to break when it's heated up.
I heard there's a way of cleaning the bulb with alcohol(?) to remove the finger oil?

Any advice on this matter will be appreciated!

euro77
24-11-2003, 09:51 PM
This is taken from my Narva pack:

If accidentally handled, clean glass with methylated spirits on a lint-free cloth before fitting

Now what is methylated spirits??? :?: I guess it's close to alchohol?

wynode
24-11-2003, 10:16 PM

If accidentally handled, clean glass with methylated spirits on a lint-free cloth before fitting

Aka Denatured Alocohol.

You can pick it up from your local chemist.

SiR
24-11-2003, 10:22 PM

Aka Denatured Alocohol.

You can pick it up from your local chemist.

Sweet - thanks mate!

A'PEXi
25-11-2003, 09:11 PM
i've heard that the headlights should not be touched with fingers, i'm not 100% sure, but i think parkers dont get affected as much?....

nds
10-02-2004, 08:38 AM
Hi guys

This is slightly off topic,

but how would i change the orange indicator bulb which is inclosed in the front headlights? Do i have to physically remove the headlight from the body of the car? also is it just an orange bulb, or is it a normal yellow bulb that sits in some type of orange casing

cheers

n.