PDA

View Full Version : Rear camber kit

Razer
28-11-2009, 05:37 PM
Hey all, I've read most of the threads regarding rear camber kits on here, and it seems to me ingalls and progress are the majority brands that are used. However on ebay I have found some really cheap camber kits, and the degree of adjustability is more than the others as well. Does anyone think there are any problems with these kits?? and also what are the benefits to buying a better-quality camber kit?? Cheers!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370293610884&pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&viewitem=&hash=item5637381984

racerwannabe
28-11-2009, 06:38 PM
I think it would help if you have a look at the tsx forums to see if anyone has posted good or bad experiences with these not so well known camber kits..

[ IV 23 VI ]
28-11-2009, 06:43 PM
I dont think there is a problem with the cheaper camber kits.. You are only really paying for the name..

I personally have a cheaper Brand kit, but it also came with a Toe Arms aswell so I could correct my Toe.

That kit on ebay looks like a upper control arm, I bought a kit from ebay for for the lower arm and toe arms for the same price also I have heaps of adjustability,

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/03-07-Accord-04-08-Acura-TL-TSX-REAR-Camber-Kit-05-06_W0QQitemZ310183196180QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_ Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item48385bf614

The only benefits to buying a better Quality kit would probably be better re-sale value, and Quality if its Japanese made.

euro_tr4sh
28-11-2009, 11:09 PM
and also what are the benefits to buying a better-quality camber kit?? Cheers!!

ummm.... theyre better quality, more accurate, wont bend/break, you kinda answered your question with your question

Razer
29-11-2009, 12:01 AM
I think it would help if you have a look at the tsx forums to see if anyone has posted good or bad experiences with these not so well known camber kits..

;2569657']I dont think there is a problem with the cheaper camber kits.. You are only really paying for the name..

I personally have a cheaper Brand kit, but it also came with a Toe Arms aswell so I could correct my Toe.

That kit on ebay looks like a upper control arm, I bought a kit from ebay for for the lower arm and toe arms for the same price also I have heaps of adjustability,

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/03-07-Accord-04-08-Acura-TL-TSX-REAR-Camber-Kit-05-06_W0QQitemZ310183196180QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_ Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item48385bf614

The only benefits to buying a better Quality kit would probably be better re-sale value, and Quality if its Japanese made.

Thanks guys!!! Also does changing the upper control arm have the same effect as the lower arm, meaning that will I still be able to adjust the degree of camber with these kits?? Thanks!

tony1234
29-11-2009, 08:10 AM
Thanks guys!!! Also does changing the upper control arm have the same effect as the lower arm, meaning that will I still be able to adjust the degree of camber with these kits?? Thanks!
I've got the Eibach ones(rebaged SPC)and they look the same as those ones in the link.I had the rear camber set up when i first had the car lowered over 3 yrs.ago and it hasn't needed to be adjusted since.

[ IV 23 VI ]
30-11-2009, 02:00 PM

Yes same effect.

Razer
30-11-2009, 10:49 PM
;2571066']Yes same effect.

Cheers guys will purchase this soon when I get back!!

JN7
01-12-2009, 07:44 PM
sorry to hijack but I noticed today that my rear passenger side has more camber than the other side, does anyone have any ideas why this has happened?
i just wanna know before I go and put my camber kit in and get my guards rolled. thanks in advance

Xplodin
01-12-2009, 07:53 PM
lol hahaha i've got the same set up as Tony... SPC Rear Camber kit... Love it and never had to adjust it :D

tony1234
02-12-2009, 06:42 AM
lol hahaha i've got the same set up as Tony... SPC Rear Camber kit... Love it and never had to adjust it :D
You have Bilstein/Eibach setup yea??It's the best:thumbsup::thumbsup:

aaronng
02-12-2009, 06:55 AM
sorry to hijack but I noticed today that my rear passenger side has more camber than the other side, does anyone have any ideas why this has happened?
i just wanna know before I go and put my camber kit in and get my guards rolled. thanks in advance

Bad roads can cause the alignment to change due to the parts being bent slightly. It happens.

Xplodin
02-12-2009, 07:20 AM
You have Bilstein/Eibach setup yea??It's the best:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Sure do! Its the best setup i've ever had... sooo smooth yet it handles so well!

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e172/Xplodin/P1000019.jpg

JN7
02-12-2009, 11:16 AM
would it still happen when I install my camber kit? btw, which one is the toe arm and which is camber arm? short or long? thanks Aaron
and also, if the camber can be knocked out like that, does that mean it can be adjusted back with the stock arms

JN7
03-12-2009, 04:58 PM
anyone?

aaronng
04-12-2009, 03:19 AM
No, camber cannot be adjusted with the stock arms.

For the ingalls camber kit, you will need to read the instructionsvery very carefully. It tells you which one is long, which is short and which has the long bush and which has the short bush. Very easy to get them mixed up the wrong way.

oongie
04-12-2009, 09:46 AM
Installing the Ingalls DIY shouldnt be too hard should it?
Any tips or pointers?
Sorry to hijack but while were on the subject.

Razer
10-12-2009, 05:04 PM
hey guys just another query I have about camber kits, can I just get the upper arm and adjust camber?? Or is it best to buy the camber/toe kit?? Cos I assume that the toe would also be affected when I lower the car?? Cheers!!!

aaronng
10-12-2009, 06:00 PM
hey guys just another query I have about camber kits, can I just get the upper arm and adjust camber?? Or is it best to buy the camber/toe kit?? Cos I assume that the toe would also be affected when I lower the car?? Cheers!!!

You can get just the upper arm, because the stock control arm has some toe adjustability in it.

Razer
10-12-2009, 11:49 PM
You can get just the upper arm, because the stock control arm has some toe adjustability in it.

Thanks a lot Aaron!! Cos Im not going to lower it much, so I suppose the stock control arm will still be within its adjustable limit.